Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Last night I was challenged $50 that I couldn't drink a half gallon jug of eggnog.

I won, but at what cost? I woke up early this morning, puked my guts out, and have been miserable ever since

Last night I was challenged $50 that I couldn't drink a half gallon jug of eggnog.

I won, but at what cost? I woke up early this morning, puked my guts out, and have been miserable ever since
“Good morning to my newest friend, Ulysses S. GraaAAAUUUGHHLLPLPLPLLlllptt...“
You knew what would happen. And if you didn’t, you do now.

—Patrick

I didn’t do the eggnog part, but I too was violently ill. I even dreamt of being ill and woke up confused. So gross.

Feel better soon!

It's at least less scary than heart disease, so hopefully this is all it is, since it's very very unlikely for a more serious heart problem to just randomly show up out of no where.
So Update: After a week of taking anti-inflammatories I definitely feel better, though it took 3 days of taking it to not get nauseous right after. This doesn't surprise me because I have the same problem with ibuprofen, and they are in the same family of drugs.

While I'm whining about family, seeing my dad tagged in a facebook picture in the little pub of the town he lives in with one of my brother's exes that still lives in the town with the words "Many amazing talks at this table with my second dad." actually made my blood boil. I guess it's nice to see he could be a dad to fucking someone, because he sure as fuck barely was to me or my brothers.

There was a seating shuffle at work, and many of the hot girls I would pass on my way to my cubicle (and sneak glances at) have now been moved away, to be replaced by guys. Who, admittedly, are also fairly good looking. But they're not hot girls.

There was a seating shuffle at work, and many of the hot girls I would pass on my way to my cubicle (and sneak glances at) have now been moved away, to be replaced by guys. Who, admittedly, are also fairly good looking. But they're not hot girls.
Your work is trying to stimulate you to take a longer route to the break room / coffee machine / toilets, by shuffling the hot women around. This means more walking, and more calories burned. It's just for your own health, really

Your work is trying to stimulate you to take a longer route to the break room / coffee machine / toilets, by shuffling the hot women around. This means more walking, and more calories burned. It's just for your own health, really
First I need to go find where the hot girls have been moved to.

I got a new iPhone about two weeks ago. I got a screen protector and case for it. Last night I gave it to my Dad so he could check the calendar. In the process of handing it back, he dropped it on an end table and it landed at the exact wrong angle. There is a spider-web of cracks on the screen now. I hope it's just the screen protector. At any rate, that means an unnecessary trip to AT&T.

He's getting to that age where you can't really trust him with fragile items.

At any rate, that means an unnecessary trip to AT&T..
AT&T will just tell you to go to the Apple store, where you can expect to pay either $29 or $150-$300 to get the screen replaced depending on what model phone it is and whether or not you bought the extended coverage.
Or else AT&T will have you file an insurance claim and then replace your new (but broken) phone with an older one that’s a year out of warranty, if my experiences are any indication.

—Patrick

So to start off the decade I get to wake up and help my dad change my sister's tire because the dumb bitch blew yet another one, her third or fourth one in the last year and a half.

Well she passed. I am so numb right now. I don't know what to do. At least she had the two of us checking up on her.
I’m so sorry to hear that. I got a kitty three months ago and she is practically family now. I’d be devastated if she died.

That belongs in a full rant category.

I didn’t sleep for about 36 hours after my pain procedure and I couldn’t figure out why. I was in pain and they sedated me, I should have been wiped out and maybe even asleep halfway home.

It’s the new meds I have to take after procedures/surgeries/illnesses. They make me wired. So when I finally slept, I forgot to take them today.

So now I’m up waiting to take another one so I don’t completely mess up the course of the them.

Hot mess express here <——

I can’t disagree there.
Post automatically merged:

And I’m on four immune suppression meds at the moment, so I’m not even comfortable leaving the house :(

Dave

Staff member
Friday I was at the computer and I heard a weird bubbling, burbling noise. Turns out there was water (hopefully just water) coming from the drains in the basement. Uh oh. I took a bunch of towels and made a sort of dam so that it couldn't flood the carpeted area. Called the landlord and he said the plumber wasn't available until Monday so "don't use too much water". We flushed the toilet when necessary but could do no dishes (we really needed to) or take showers (which I really, REALLY needed to!) At times I could hear the bubbling noise even though we weren't using even the toilet so who knows why this is happening.

Plumber comes today. As soon as I get home from work I'm hopping into the shower and starting laundry.

First day of work of 2020 and my girlfriend has to call in sick because her throat swelled up to twice its size and is causing her so much pain she can hardly do anything but moan.

I took the day to recover from my procedure. Is it bad that I wish I booked a few more days? The worst of the pain is gone, but I feel exhausted and crappy.

Seriously whiny? For both my birthday last year and then Christmas, I got the "I'm sorry, but I was so busy I didn't have time to get you anything." from my significant other. The kids ordered me gifts on Christmas Eve and gave me print outs to open. I've already mostly gotten over it, but it still sucks. We are very busy, especially in the Fall, but it still makes me feel kind of like I don't matter.

Dave

Staff member
Seriously whiny? For both my birthday last year and then Christmas, I got the "I'm sorry, but I was so busy I didn't have time to get you anything." from my significant other. The kids ordered me gifts on Christmas Eve and gave me print outs to open. I've already mostly gotten over it, but it still sucks. We are very busy, especially in the Fall, but it still makes me feel kind of like I don't matter.
I'm used to that. I almost never get anything. Sometimes it sucks, but that's the way it is.

It’s not whiny and I don’t know how I’d feel in your place.

I’m sorry it happened.

Can you go get yourself a fabulous gift?

We've agreed for years that we won't get each other gifts and yet I'm still slightly disappointed not getting any on my birthday and Christmas.

Dave

Staff member
Tree roots have made their way into our pipes at home. And yes, the neighbor's water usage is what is backing up. So last night when we told him it was happening so he did laundry anyway was a fucking stupid thing to do which flooded HIS side as well as ours again. But then again ours was barricaded up a bit. His? Not so much.

The landlord is not pleased with the new neighbor. Not pleased at all.