Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

And now I have a doctor's appointment for the 26th to get it all looked at. Yay.
I had to go get examined for the same thing. Had a hemorrhoid, had to go get a finger up the butt to check it. I was standing there, bent over the table, with some old doctors digit in my rectum as he tries to talk to me.

He finishes, tells me it's fine, it's a common type of hemorrhoid and will go away on its own, and then tells me my prostate is healthy to.

!!! I didn't ask you to check that! You weren't supposed to take the tour. I actually felt semi violated.

That's my hemorrhoid story.

Last time I had a prostate exam, the doc put pressure on it and asked if it hurt.

"Well, it doesn't hurt, but I wouldn't exactly say I feel comfortable right now..."

Dave

Staff member
My doctor told me that he'd heard every joke when it comes to prostate exams. I took that as a challenge. So the last time I was there I pulled down my pants, bent over, and right before the deed I said, "Huh. I usually have to wait until April 15 for that to happen."

I got an honest to god genuine laugh out of him.

My mother is on my ass to work. My knees hurt so much that I could puke. I can barely stand to put weight on them and walking is misery. I shouldn’t have to waste time explaining this to a retired nurse.
I've been steaming about this for a while. This sounds like an abusive relationship. If this is the way she treats you after getting badly injured, you don't need her in your life, and especially not in the lives of your children. I'm mad enough to want to personally call her and tell her off. Cutting ties might be painful, but probably needs to be done.

My inflamed tendon in my shoulder is flaring up again. It hurts.

And before anyone asks, no, it's my left shoulder, and I'm right handed.

I had boiling hot noodles spilled on my leg today and Ding Dong keeps trying to walk and sit on my knee. I’m too tired to fight. This was taken right on my knee. I poked him until he moved his fluffy butt just a bit over so he’s next to it rather than on it. What is the appeal of being right on it??

He’s so bad.

952A387E-D6C2-4A72-A20E-41361EBD6998.jpeg

I had boiling hot noodles spilled on my leg today and Ding Dong keeps trying to walk and sit on my knee. I’m too tired to fight. This was taken right on my knee. I poked him until he moved his fluffy butt just a bit over so he’s next to it rather than on it. What is the appeal of being right on it??

He’s so bad.

View attachment 28794
Cats feed off of pain and anguish.

That, or that part of your leg is just warmer than the rest, but probably that first thing.

I send an email to a director with a very stupid math error in its content. I've always being bad doing math in my head. I'm am (or I used to be) very good with algebra and calculus, but I cant for the life of me do math in my head.

I send an email to a director with a very stupid math error in its content. I've always being bad doing math in my head. I'm am (or I used to be) very good with algebra and calculus, but I cant for the life of me do math in my head.
I have a similar problem, in that I can grasp advanced concepts easily, but then I will still - when I should have +’d. I tell people that I’m good at math, just bad with arithmetic.

—Patrick

Cajungal

Staff member
I didn't learn to do mental math well until I had to learn what strategies to teach my students.

Just as it finished tonight's batch, my coffee grinder appears to have died. I'll take a look at it later to see if any connections have shaken loose because CW with this model was to give it a few sharp slaps on the back to get every last bean properly ground. Over the years that takes a toll.

(Later: It looks like it might be a short in a component on the PCB. After giving the base a thump, the grinder attempted to start for a moment. Additional thumps confirmed this. A replacement PCB is only 10 bucks, so it's a no-brainer to attempt a replacement.)

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
I tried to wake up early today to hit the gym. But in my groggy state I couldn't remember why I wanted to get up early, and ended up snoozing the alarm until my normal time to get up >_<

The nice Indian woman at work offered me a snack. It was a morsel the size of a grape. It's been 30 minutes, my head is pounding and I have a runny nose. To her its flavourful with just a little spice. Just a little....

As a white person, the only time I really get to experience discrimination is when I order spicy food at any sort of ethnic restaurant.

Nothing like being publicly scolded by a co-worker like a goddamn child in front of everyone to start your day. All for making a harmless fucking joke.

Pretty upset now and considering going home.

I did confront her through a private message, but she didn't respond. Not do I expect her to.

For context:

I'd asked a question on our chat group. Someone answered, then she gave the same response 40 minutes later. So I joked, "40 minutes too slow!" Which I concede could be taken as rude.

And then she spoke to me - loudly - in person about giving attitude when people are just helping.

In a business setting, if someone is scolding you in public, they're doing it wrong, no matter how valid their claim might be.

--Patrick

In a business setting, if someone is scolding you in public, they're doing it wrong, no matter how valid their claim might be.

--Patrick
And that's the key thing. She might have a point. Or at least that it was a case of miscommunication

My beef is entirely how she handled the situation.