Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Why? It'll be the same song all over again. I'll get help, I'll start feeling better so they'll stop seeing me, and then I'm right back to this again. As it's always been for fucking decades. And nothing changes.
You already answered yourself:

I'll get help, I'll start feeling better
That it's the same song and dance means you have practice at this, you're aware this is an illness you have and not an illness you are, and you know what steps you need to take for it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
5,159 1,123 23
You have to remember that right now, your brain is lying to you. It fakes you out trying to sound logical about futility, but it's not. Saying that it isn't worth feeling better because you will crash again is like saying it's no use eating because you'll just get hungry again, or no use sleeping because you'll just get tired again. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Reactions
1,821 530 14
Yes. The point is to accept that it is a cycle. So when you feel like you're headed into a downturn, that's when you need to let somebody know. Because if you wait until you bottom out, you may not have enough motivation of your own left to seek help, meaning you won't get the help you need unless you manage to "live until morning," as it were (which can be unpleasant), or unless someone else intervenes (which can strain relationships).

It's a bit like hypothermia, or alcoholism, or altitude sickness, or heat exhaustion, or even diabetes. All of them are things that require vigilance, as they are MUCH easier to arrest if you watch for the early signs, realize what is happening, then that smoke alarm goes off in your head and you can take appropriate steps before you are so deep into them that your ability to pull yourself out becomes compromised.

So when your days start getting darker and you start feeling lethargic BUT you bounce back and think, “Hah! I can handle this!” Be on the lookout for more of the same soon after, and remember that there is no requirement that you have to handle it by yourself.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Reactions
1,075 252 1
My period showed up four days early. :rolleyes::confused::mad:
One of the things I've hated since going off the pill (and it's been about 10 years now) is that my period just shows up whenever it feels like. Sometimes it's days early, sometimes it's days late. There's no rhyme or reason to it. So now in addition to the actual cycle itself, I get to spend extra days "prepping" so it doesn't make a mess, which means almost double the time. HAAAAAAAAAAATE.

I really wish there was a way to say, "Hey, I'm totally sure I'm done making babies, could we get rid of this feature?" without major health/surgical risks associated with it.

Reactions
1,365 256 4
One of the things I've hated since going off the pill (and it's been about 10 years now) is that my period just shows up whenever it feels like. Sometimes it's days early, sometimes it's days late. There's no rhyme or reason to it. So now in addition to the actual cycle itself, I get to spend extra days "prepping" so it doesn't make a mess, which means almost double the time. HAAAAAAAAAAATE.

I really wish there was a way to say, "Hey, I'm totally sure I'm done making babies, could we get rid of this feature?" without major health/surgical risks associated with it.
Mine will be regular for three or four months at a time, then randomly decide to be a few days early or late, just to keep me on my toes.

Reactions
62 27 0
This morning due to cold medicine plus general lack of sleep I completely slept through my alarm for an hour and had to reschedule work that I was now going to be late for. Now I can't sleep because when I lay in bed I get flooded with the anxiety of potentially sleeping through the alarm again.

Reactions
570 137 0
First of the homeowner blues problems with the house today.... water heater has gone out. Thankfully we do have a year of a home protection plan, plumbers should be out tomorrow.

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
1,713 763 13
I just booked a comedy gig that so totally doesn't fit my style. When it came in I knew it wasn't right for me and instead of doing my usual "I'm busy on that date" I quoted an insane amount of money. Then they said yes. So now I'm locked into doing this event that I don't want to and I'm going to have to work twice as hard because I am getting paid enough that I don't want to blow it.

Reactions
785 60 0
I just booked a comedy gig that so totally doesn't fit my style. When it came in I knew it wasn't right for me and instead of doing my usual "I'm busy on that date" I quoted an insane amount of money. Then they said yes. So now I'm locked into doing this event that I don't want to and I'm going to have to work twice as hard because I am getting paid enough that I don't want to blow it.
Just remember to wear goggles when you start smashing those watermelons.

Reactions
362 181 1
You can do it! I work best with deadlines and crazy-scary deadlines motivate like no other.

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
1,713 763 13
Well I need 45 minutes of completely clean comedy for an HIV support group. I don't HAVE 45 minutes of clean comedy, let alone for that audience.

Reactions
532 227 7
Well I need 45 minutes of completely clean comedy for an HIV support group. I don't HAVE 45 minutes of clean comedy, let alone for that audience.
Just try to be as unfunny as possible. Given your track record as to determining funniness, you're bound to be hilarious.

More seriously, while I don't know the group or the people and don't know what "clean" means in this context (other than the obvious 7 words and such), it's probably a good group for dark/black/gallows humor - at least that's been my experience with people suffering from horrible diseases. On the other hand, HIV has become so manageable it may no longer get the same response.

Reactions
964 187 1
You know what you have to do... Bomb this by being as inappropriate (but clean) as you can.

Reactions
1,189 256 0
Me: Woo, paycheque! Time -
Bills: Yo dawg! Heard you got paid!
Me: Dammit, Bills, I -
Bills: S'okay, bro! Check sweet these owing balances!
Me: But this isn't -
Bills: Student loans, brah!
Me: *sigh*
Paycheque: See you again in 2 weeks!
Bills: Me too, hoss! It'll be good times!

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
1,713 763 13
Welcome to the poorhouse, brother! The fire's nice & hot! (It better be, we can't afford to pay the heating bill.)