Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

At my apartment complex, parking where you aren't allowed gets your car towed. (Two of my friends forgot to park in visitor parking and were towed. They didn't even take an assigned space.)
My place isn’t that nice. :/ There is a tow warning, but I’m not allowed to call - the leasing office has to do it and they close at 6, so my hands are tied.

I’m highly tempted to buy a boot and fuck them over with it.

My place isn’t that nice. :/ There is a tow warning, but I’m not allowed to call - the leasing office has to do it and they close at 6, so my hands are tied.

Now is the time to leave a little note on their car, reminded them it is a reserved spot.

Make sure to use your key and big letters.

Leave a picture of one of your villain cosplays so they know who they're dealing with. They'll back off.

I’m furious. I should be home by now and my plane hasn’t even taken off. Air Canada hasn’t even given us a reason.

They have explained that the on board snack trolley won’t have enough food for everyone and said that people could leave and return with a meal. But... they had twenty minutes and then we might leave without them and they had to take all of their stuff. I have mobility issues and a super heavy laptop bag. I couldn’t risk that. My first flight was very late also so I had to rush to this one, and missed lunch.

I also planned to have breakfast at the first airport and there was nothing there to eat. The airport I was stupid late to because the hotel didn’t book my cab in advance when hey promised to.

Fun times lol.

I really need to just stop buying sports bras that don't have clips or zippers. Trying to pull them over my head after exercising is TOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Now is the time to leave a little note on their car, reminded them it is a reserved spot.

Make sure to use your key and big letters.
I left a note the day before!!! :((((

But your method sounds much better, I’ll let you know how it goes. Haha!

Leave a picture of one of your villain cosplays so they know who they're dealing with. They'll back off.
I mean, I get the joke but seeing as I watched the person who I’m pretty sure is in my spot, start a full on street brawl last week, I’ll keep my anonymity thanks. :/ It’s some punk ass kid, who I’m sure is stupid enough to be an ass about the spot.
Maybe if I’m hot enough I can get away with it though?? Shoo him away.

It's been a week since the interview. I'm a finalist so I don't think Galveston would just leave me hanging. Its Workday site is still saying the application is under review so I should just sit tight.

But right now I feel like I went on a date with a girl, left a message, and am now waiting for her to call me back. It's just nerve-wracking.

There are only two files in the folder. The drop down expense form you need is the one called "drop down expense form". The other file is called expense form.

How is this difficult?

Been depressed lately and can't seem to pull myself out of it. Can't even motivate myself to go to the gym. Called in "sick" to work yesterday.

Was talking this morning at work to the mother of a young-adult daughter with a stage 3 or 4 brain tumour. Basically, they just found out yesterday that the daughter has maybe a few months... or maybe a few years to live. The mom is (understandably) devastated. They won't know for sure until the full biopsy comes back in 2-4 weeks.

And I have nothing of value to say, other than 'love each other' and 'take care of each other'. And even those ring hollow. There's nothing I can do, say, or offer that's going to help. No book to read, no prayer to hear, to hand to clasp that can do a damn bit of good.

I love what I do, but some days it really rather sucks.

Was talking this morning at work to the mother of a young-adult daughter with a stage 3 or 4 brain tumour. Basically, they just found out yesterday that the daughter has maybe a few months... or maybe a few years to live. The mom is (understandably) devastated. They won't know for sure until the full biopsy comes back in 2-4 weeks.

And I have nothing of value to say, other than 'love each other' and 'take care of each other'. And even those ring hollow. There's nothing I can do, say, or offer that's going to help. No book to read, no prayer to hear, to hand to clasp that can do a damn bit of good.

I love what I do, but some days it really rather sucks.
there never is a good answer, everyone offering me advice when my dad had cancer and all i really wanted was to have people to hang out with. dads cancer was a black spot period, no one wanted anything to do with me as my whole life was a "downer" at that point. anyways sorry thats a thing you have to deal with.

@Dirona - in the long run, the only thing that matters to people like that is that you were there and you listened to them and were there for them. That's all. And for someone who's been in that situation, it makes a world of difference.

More work related whining!

I've been asked to do another book review for my denominational academic magazine. yay! I really enjoy doing these.
Usually.
But this book.
Oh my god, this book.
It's so bad guys.
Like so so SO bad.
It's only 170 pages long and it took me two days to read. It should have taken 4 hours, tops. I have to stop at the end of every chapter or two (every 15-30 pages) just to walk around and do something else to get my brain off the edge of a headache-cliff.

It's dense and meandering and has no point, no pragmatic purpose, no raison d'etre, no nothin'. It's word salad. Self-aggrandizing, 'look at me, I'm so smart and learned' word salad. And about as nutritious.

Almost everything referenced is over 20 years old.
And written by an able-bodied white dude.
Not that there's anything wrong with being or citing an able-bodied white dude... but it shouldn't be 95% of your bibliography. Not in this field. Not today. And there's plenty of good material in this field to cite that's, you know, written in this millennium.

It's so awful.

And so now I'm working on the review. And it's an academic thing, so I have to be at least nominally neutral-ish sounding on the surface. And it hurts.
I should get it done today and we'll see what the editor has to say on Monday.

And so now I'm working on the review. And it's an academic thing, so I have to be at least nominally neutral-ish sounding on the surface.
I might not be fully understanding what goes into this kind of review, but isn't part of the review to be critical? I mean, you don't have to phrase it the way you explained above, but if it's unfocused, isn't mentioning that part of reviewing?

i am god damn tired of snow blowing 3-6 inches of snow every 2-3 days. I really hope this cycle of deep freeze and heavy snow ends soon....

More work related whining!

I've been asked to do another book review for my denominational academic magazine. yay! I really enjoy doing these.
Usually.
But this book.
Oh my god, this book.
It's so bad guys.
Like so so SO bad.
It's only 170 pages long and it took me two days to read. It should have taken 4 hours, tops. I have to stop at the end of every chapter or two (every 15-30 pages) just to walk around and do something else to get my brain off the edge of a headache-cliff.

It's dense and meandering and has no point, no pragmatic purpose, no raison d'etre, no nothin'. It's word salad. Self-aggrandizing, 'look at me, I'm so smart and learned' word salad. And about as nutritious.

Almost everything referenced is over 20 years old.
And written by an able-bodied white dude.
Not that there's anything wrong with being or citing an able-bodied white dude... but it shouldn't be 95% of your bibliography. Not in this field. Not today. And there's plenty of good material in this field to cite that's, you know, written in this millennium.

It's so awful.

And so now I'm working on the review. And it's an academic thing, so I have to be at least nominally neutral-ish sounding on the surface. And it hurts.
I should get it done today and we'll see what the editor has to say on Monday.
The review was accepted with no edits. And it was decidedly NOT a glowing review. I didn't outright say that it sucks, but I did say that it was unnecessary and overblown and failed to achieve it's stated objective.
So - yay?!

I packed a lunch for myself. Grilled shrimp, butternut squash and rice. It was awesome.

Someone ate the god damned shrimp out of the lunch! Opened the Tupperware and picked them out and are them!

There will be a reckoning.

Dave

Staff member
We have no money for me to get a haircut.

My wife is able to give me a haircut but so far she's refused.

I need a haircut.

If she does not cut my hair tonight I will be cutting it myself tomorrow.