Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

These might help.
If you're shirt isn't riding up then maybe everything else would stay in place? I wear them for big meetings and interviews so everything stays neat and tidy without me thinking about it.

I can't help you with the coke spill. I have stains on nearly every shirt i own. ;)
May I suggest the type that slip around the bottom of your foot rather than clipping to your socks? Unless you like the threat of having it slip and getting an elastic whip to the taint. And if you do, hey, who am I to judge?

May I suggest the type that slip around the bottom of your foot rather than clipping to your socks? Unless you like the threat of having it slip and getting an elastic whip to the taint. And if you do, hey, who am I to judge?
Some of us like living with the constant threat of a metal-tipped projectile racing up our pants. :p
But seriously, mine aren't pulled so tight that I am in danger of sling-shotting my balls into orbit.

Cajungal

Staff member
I stayed in bed until 11 today. It's been slowly and steadily raining for days here. Turns out that not having any responsibilities and the sound of rain amounts to laziness. Also, this shoebill stork has been following me around in my dream scenarios for the past 3 days, and it's getting unsettling.

Not sure what thread to put this in but I am so very lost.

I think I have to put my dog down soon. He’s so sick and it’s reached the point where his quality of life has plummeted far enough that I think it’s time, but I don’t want to do it too soon? I wish he could tell me he is ready. I don’t want to be a bad owner, I’ve never had to do this before and I’m so overwhelmed and sad.

I can’t sleep.

Advice? Do I just call the vet and ask?

Not sure what thread to put this in but I am so very lost.

I think I have to put my dog down soon. He’s so sick and it’s reached the point where his quality of life has plummeted far enough that I think it’s time, but I don’t want to do it too soon? I wish he could tell me he is ready. I don’t want to be a bad owner, I’ve never had to do this before and I’m so overwhelmed and sad.

I can’t sleep.

Advice? Do I just call the vet and ask?
I'm so sorry. Since we just went through this, I know exactly what you're feeling. With Tofu's tumor, I kept waiting for him to show trouble eating or changes with his daily routine. It's funny how they will continue to try to do things as normally as possible, even though they're probably more uncomfortable then they let on. When his tumor started to bleed when he ate, I knew I had to make the hard call to the vet.

Speak to your vet. It is very unlikely they would schedule you to bring him in for the last time that same day. Most likely they will give you a day or two to prepare before you have to return for his sleep. But when you do, just remember a dog's life is short, and you gave him a home, family, and love, which is everything to a dog. And please stay with him when they do the shot. It happens vey quickly and you'll be a wreck, but you'll regret it if you don't.

Augh, stupid me. I'm crying like it was yesterday, and Pepper's bringing me toys, like, "???".

I'm so sorry. Since we just went through this, I know exactly what you're feeling. With Tofu's tumor, I kept waiting for him to show trouble eating or changes with his daily routine. It's funny how they will continue to try to do things as normally as possible, even though they're probably more uncomfortable then they let on. When his tumor started to bleed when he ate, I knew I had to make the hard call to the vet.

Speak to your vet. It is very unlikely they would schedule you to bring him in for the last time that same day. Most likely they will give you a day or two to prepare before you have to return for his sleep. But when you do, just remember a dog's life is short, and you gave him a home, family, and love, which is everything to a dog. And please stay with him when they do the shot. It happens vey quickly and you'll be a wreck, but you'll regret it if you don't.

Augh, stupid me. I'm crying like it was yesterday, and Pepper's bringing me toys, like, "???".
This is very helpful, thank you!

I think it’s time. His daily activity has changed enough that I think it’s whats best for him - he won’t eat anymore. He barely moves. And now, I’m sure because of his bladder tumor, he has no bladder control and has accidents in my apartment frequently.

I’ll definitely stay with him. He’s my boy and I’ll be crying like a fool (like I am right now), but I’ll be with him when they do it.

I’m a mess thinking about it. I’m sorry this is something you’ve had to go through recently. :(

This is very helpful, thank you!

I think it’s time. His daily activity has changed enough that I think it’s whats best for him - he won’t eat anymore. He barely moves. And now, I’m sure because of his bladder tumor, he has no bladder control and has accidents in my apartment frequently.

I’ll definitely stay with him. He’s my boy and I’ll be crying like a fool (like I am right now), but I’ll be with him when they do it.

I’m a mess thinking about it. I’m sorry this is something you’ve had to go through recently. :(
Having gone through this, I know it's very hard. All you can do is be there with him, let him know he's loved in his last moments. I'm sure that's all he wants too.

I surprised my wife at work with her favourite snack, only to find her getting out of her car with her own serving of her favourite snack.

<sigh> My co-worker isn't working out, so I'm having to check everything she does and do any work she isn't completing on time, as well as doing my own work. With that and housework and two sick ferrets and the crappy Canadian January weather, I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed right now.

I need a nap.

<sigh> My co-worker isn't working out, so I'm having to check everything she does and do any work she isn't completing on time, as well as doing my own work.
Sis, it must be going around. One of my coworkers is out sick for the next 2 weeks. I had to take over one of her programs during that time (because I'm the only one in the office who has worked on it before). Holy shit! I spent of my time, except one hour that I was in a meeting, cleaning up her mess. I did not one thing on my own programs. It was unbelievable.

Dave

Staff member
This morning I woke up & looked at the clock. The first number was 6 - okay, that's right. The last number was 0 - still good. The second number is 4...uh oh. That's 4 too many.

The one GOOD thing is that my day starts so much earlier than everyone else's that my being here almost an hour late goes almost unnoticed.

GasBandit

Staff member
My parents passed through town last night and we went to dinner. My dad got me a pack of beef jerky from Buc-ee's on his way up from Houston (I love Buc-ee's jerky), and it was a flavor I'd never heard of before, "Bohemian Garlic."

Well, I tried it after they left... and a half hour later, I noticed my hands and head were getting really itchy, like, worse than any poison ivy I've ever had. I went to the bathroom to wash my hands, thinking I'd touched something that was causing the reaction, and noticed my chest was really starting to hurt, and I was wheezing like I was 430 pounds again. I googled the symptoms and came up with Multiple Sclerosis (which I doubted) or Anaphylaxis (which I hoped I was wrong about). I spent the next few hours just sitting, concentrating on breathing, and debating whether or not to go to the emergency room. Eventually around 2 am my symptoms abated enough for me to go to sleep.

So, I'm thinking there's something in this particular flavor of jerky that I'm allergic to. To be sure, I was thinking of trying to eat a little more at work today, where there would be other people to call an ambulance if I collapsed and turned blue or something, but I talked to my Dad about it this morning, and he said that if I WAS allergic to something in it, a second intense exposure in such a short amount of time could be even worse, potentially fatal. And he IS a doctor and everything, so I guess I better listen to him. I gave away the jerky at work. I'll be scheduling a stick test with a local allergist to try and see if I can figure out what I need to avoid eating in the future.

That sounds exactly like what happened when I mixed antibiotics and whiskey (I... wasn't aware you shouldn't do that...) and that turned out to be an allergic reaction that liquid benadryl cleared up quickly.

Good luck with the allergist.

Ingredients: BEEF, WATER. SALT, GARLIC POWDER,MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, SPICES, SUGAR, SOY SAUCE POWDER (WHEAT, SOYBEANS, SALT, MALTODEXTRIN), YELLOW MUSTARD SEED, SODIUM NITRATE, SOYBEAN OIL.

I suspect it's one of the spices, either that or yellow mustard seed.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ingredients: BEEF, WATER. SALT, GARLIC POWDER,MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, SPICES, SUGAR, SOY SAUCE POWDER (WHEAT, SOYBEANS, SALT, MALTODEXTRIN), YELLOW MUSTARD SEED, SODIUM NITRATE, SOYBEAN OIL.

I suspect it's one of the spices, either that or yellow mustard seed.
Yeah, that's all stuff I've eaten tons of times before. The only thing on the ingredients list that was a question mark was "Natural flavorings," which given that the flavor was "Bohemian Garlic" and garlic wasn't listed explicitly... So who knows what else falls under that heading.

Reminds me of an early episode of Outlander, where kids would go the "Black Kirk", a supposedly haunted ruined old monastery. Jamie mentioned that sometimes kids would find berries or "wood garlic" to eat. Claire examines the "wood garlic", and finds that it's not wood garlic, it's Lily of the Valley, which is poisonous. (It's what someone used to poison a kid in Breaking Bad).

So maybe Bohemian Garlic is actually Lily of the Valley, is what I'm saying.

GasBandit

Staff member
You know, thinking about it, I offered a small piece to the cat, as well, and for the first time ever, he refused a piece of beef jerky.