Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Had a good scene written for the Light Music Club in that WIP story of mine. Would look great if adapted into an anime.

And then I realized no one would get a Keith Moon joke in 2018. :(

My one Christmas tech support issue of the day: the new printer was not starting. It turns out, epson printers aren't equipped to run if they're not plugged in.

Girlfriend got a new phone. Yay!
Girlfriend went to the Telent store to get her new phone set up (Telenet is our internet and mobile provider). ....Yay?
The guy behind the counter should definitely become an Apple Genius. He somehow managed to quadruple her SIM contacts. Not by copying them from SIM to the new phone and then having it show both SIM and phone and Google contacts or something, no no - there are now actually 4 separate instances of each and every contact, with the same name and same number...yet her phone doesn't register them as "similar" contacts to be linked/joined/whatever for some reason. Her contact list is now 596 people, most of them ( but not all!) being Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob; Candy, Candy, Candy, Candy; Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, etc.
She also had a memory card in her phone, set up to work as extra internal storage, NOT as a memory card. I even wrote so in a message to her, to inform them they weren't to just yank it out. Being an absolute Genius, they did just that, and tried to put it in the new phone, which obviously, DIDN'T WORK. So all the data on it is jumbled, now that I've plugged it back into the old phone.
I swear, I should've just done it myself, fixing this mess is going to take me more time than just doing it myself in the first place.

I, too, hate when carrier sales drones try to do tech support.
It's like, "...look, you and I both know you just get paid to put phones in people's hands and get them out the door as quickly as possible. So just give me a phone so I can get out the door as quickly as possible and go get some real help somewhere else."

--Patrick

My left SI has been crappy and has given out on me many times over the years since late teenager hood. I’ve always been happy that my other one has been good. What gave out on me over Christmas? The right one!

$&@!%#!!!

GasBandit

Staff member
I just tripped over my own goddamn feet and faceplanted right on the linoleum in the hallway.

My knees and elbows don't hurt as much as my pride.

But hey, at least I can get back up without assistance now! Yay weight loss.

GasBandit

Staff member
I let a coworker play with my Indiana Jones bullwhip.

He broke it.

I didn't think that was a thing that could happen, but yes, the leather broke right above the handle.

The vinyl collection is Brazelton'd.

New PC build still needs better cooler and GPU. I see the stereo system itself going on Craigslist.

Last New Year's was bad for me, obviously. An attempted suicide is never a good way to ring in the new year.

I'm not suicidal, but can't say I'm feeling all that much better at the end of this year. To recap:
1) Tried starting a YouTube series and did exactly 2 videos.
2) Tried writing again, only to rework some of the first two chapters of my original first novel and then gave up.
3) Lost weight and down to about 195 pounds. Kept it off, so...yay, I guess.
4) Got my yoga teaching certificate...and done jack shit with it and haven't taught a single class, let alone a single person.
5) Got a well-paying, full-time job with benefits that's a soul sucking call center job. And been spending most of my money on shit I don't need like comics instead of trying to save up to move out of my parents place.

Can't say it makes me happy in retrospect. Just more failures, really. Don't really know why I'm bothering with anything. I'm sure people are sick of reading about Sad Sack Nick.

Last New Year's was bad for me, obviously. An attempted suicide is never a good way to ring in the new year.

I'm not suicidal, but can't say I'm feeling all that much better at the end of this year. To recap:
2) Tried writing again, only to rework some of the first two chapters of my original first novel and then gave up.
4) Got my yoga teaching certificate...and done jack shit with it and haven't taught a single class, let alone a single person.
5) Got a well-paying, full-time job with benefits that's a soul sucking call center job. And been spending most of my money on shit I don't need like comics instead of trying to save up to move out of my parents place.

Can't say it makes me happy in retrospect. Just more failures, really. Don't really know why I'm bothering with anything. I'm sure people are sick of reading about Sad Sack Nick.
I'm a firm believer that talking about your feelings is always good, even when it feels bad. Talk is infinitely better than silence.

Holidays are always hard for people with depression, I say this as someone with depression that finds holidays hard. You feel obligated to feel happy, or sometimes just 'anything' and just can't, compounding and feeding into itself in a destructive cycle.

All I can say, to you and everyone else feeling the same way, is to remember that the disease lies to you. What you see as failures are attempts, creation, the thing that life is made of. I'm really bad at being inspirational, so I just want everyone here to know I love them.

I guess perspective is a bitch. I see this:

1. Started a youtube series and actually posted some videos - Nice!
2. Worked on some writing projects; made some progress - Nice!
3. Down to 195 from 250? - FUCK YEAH!
4. Got my Yoga Teaching Cert! - FUCK YEAH!
5. Have a jerb with bennys - FUCK YEAH!

Those are all positives in my accounting book. Always look on the bright side of life...

I have an interview today. Each time I get up to walk, my underwear slips off my ass. And I've spilled coke on my white dress shirt TWICE!
These might help.
If you're shirt isn't riding up then maybe everything else would stay in place? I wear them for big meetings and interviews so everything stays neat and tidy without me thinking about it.

I can't help you with the coke spill. I have stains on nearly every shirt i own. ;)

After my cancer treatment, I ballooned up 60 pounds, and had to buy larger underwear. Then I dropped the weight just as fast. Up 60 and down 70 within a calendar year. But I kept the chones. And now I think just one pair of the big ones, slips.

I have an interview today. Each time I get up to walk, my underwear slips off my ass. And I've spilled coke on my white dress shirt TWICE!
If you can get a Tide pen or Shout wipes, they could help with the Coke. Drug stores usually carry them. Target has them in their travel-sized stuff, too.