Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I was knocked out for my wisdom teeth as well. One of mine was pretty badly impacted and came out in little pieces. How do I know this, you ask?

Because I apparently asked for them right as the general anesthesia took effect and they gave them to me on my way out. Ew.

My understanding was they shattered two of mine to get them out.

So I'm glad I was knocked out too.

That said, I hate needles in my mouth, so out of the several fillings I've had in my life I've only let them numb me twice, and one time it was either done improperly or otherwise ineffective anyway.

Haven't yet had a root canal, though, and I'm sure I'll take the numbing option for that.
My husband had a root canal without numbing done by a student dentist back when we were too poor to afford much. To this day he still describes it as the worst pain he has ever felt.

I gotta find myself a good smokehouse, or buy a better smoker myself. There are two BBQ joints down here. One has terrible reviews and seems to want to focus on burgers, the other has terrible reviews and is only open from 10am to 4pm Tuesday through Thursday, and can't seem to make up their mind between being a BBQ joint or a teriyaki place, or maybe a vegetarian cafe. I can't even remember the last time I had decent Q. I think it may have been in 2013.
Yeah, Oregon is pretty terrible for BBQ.

Yeah, Oregon is pretty terrible for BBQ.
Yeah, we're not exactly steeped in BBQ history here. Not too many stories about the legendary BBQ pitmasters who go out in the wee early morning and light their smokers in the fog, head to the barn to milk the cows, and then go cut down an acre or two of timber.

Drawback of moving: finding a trove of old bill receipts from each of the last 10 years that you hid away last time you moved...

Drawback of moving: finding a trove of old bill receipts from each of the last 10 years that you hid away last time you moved...
I think that means you can throw them out. It's like the rule about if you go a year without wearing an item of clothing, it's done.

I think the limit on being able to refile is 10yrs. Of course the IRS can come after you for any year ever, but you are only allowed to go back 10.

—Patrick

Went to make supper this evening - and the microwave promptly blipped out on me.

Meanwhile, roads have iced up since it essentially rained this morning - and temps are dropping.

I gotta find myself a good smokehouse, or buy a better smoker myself. There are two BBQ joints down here. One has terrible reviews and seems to want to focus on burgers, the other has terrible reviews and is only open from 10am to 4pm Tuesday through Thursday, and can't seem to make up their mind between being a BBQ joint or a teriyaki place, or maybe a vegetarian cafe. I can't even remember the last time I had decent Q. I think it may have been in 2013.
OK anyone wanting to get into BBQing, go to smokedmeats.com. And find directions to build a Mini WSM. For $70 to $100 you can make a smoker that can do smaller cuts that come out great. Or just drop $150 $199 (damned inflation) to get the Weber WSM 14 inch.

Last edited:
Okay, initial test results are back from my wife's biopsy. They say it's cancer. We're waiting on a call from MD Anderson in Houston to make an appointment with them. We're fairly sure that they'll want to do their own testing down there, and it has been known that the locals have been wrong on their diagnosis. That's why we're going to the best cancer hospital and not joking around with the locals on this.

OK anyone wanting to get into BBQing, go to smokedmeats.com. And find directions to build a Mini WSM. For $70 to $100 you can make a smoker that can do smaller cuts that come out great. Or just drop $150 $199 (damned inflation) to get the Weber WSM 14 inch.
I have the book. Got it for Christmas, in fact.

Landlord is arguing that because I didn't give them 60 days notice, I have to pay up the full amount of our rent for the rest of our lease.

Yeah, especially since I have an e-mail sent on the 31st giving notice - and 60 days from that is February 28.

Lease ends April 30th. NFW they're getting rent beyond March 1.

Babies. Man, they told me I needed my wisdom teeth out, and just flexed hard and popped them out of my jaw. I disinfected with some off-brand whiskey and turpentine. Which was also my breakfast.
Yowza![DOUBLEPOST=1515977634,1515977131][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I volunteer to help keep any and all Halforumites warm at night. Doomweasels are optional but a movie and popcorn must be provided.

Doomweasels are optional
Hah! That's what she wants you to think, people. Visible Doomweasels may be optional. Doomweasels are not.[DOUBLEPOST=1516013053,1516012947][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I've been having some toothache lately, so I was being extra diligent in my flossing and cleaning, and yesterday half my tooth just broke off while flossing :( Owwie.
And my dentist doesn't have room until April. They advised me to go to another dentist cabinet they work with, but that's half an hour's drive away...And they only had an open spot at 9am tomorrow. Great, considering I had a mandatory meeting at 9am.

Oh, plenty, and I've informed them I won't be there. It isn't so much a meeting as "welcoming and showing around the new guy starting in my team on his first day", so I kinda wanted to be there.

Oh, plenty, and I've informed them I won't be there. It isn't so much a meeting as "welcoming and showing around the new guy starting in my team on his first day", so I kinda wanted to be there.
Fair enough, but "my tooth broke off" is usually a pretty good reason for missing something.

My work has no water. That means no water, coffee, breakfast (oatmeal), or bathrooms.

This isn't pleasant

Edit: We've been told this won't be fixed today...

Last edited:
The house has a gas boiler for heat. The startup sequence requires the blower motor to come up to speed before the burner lights to generate steam, and therefore, heat.

Sometimes the blower motor sticks and will not start to spin up. It will just buzz and heat up. This evening was one of those times. I woke up and could tell something was off. The upstairs rooms I use don't have radiators, but I could tell it was colder than usual. Went downstairs to the main floor, and yep, the temp was 59F. The motor had stuck again. I turned off the heat, went to the basement to give the motor fan vanes a little nudge, sprayed a cooling gust of duster air inside the motor casing, and turned it back on. Heat has returned.

This is becoming a more reoccurring problem this winter. Not going to spend money to fix, because I can't be sure I'll still be in the house another month.

Orders something Sunday from Amazon.
Uses Prime 2 day shipping.
Product gets shipped this afternoon.
Says it will be delivered NEXT Monday.

That's...that's not 2 day shipping Amazon.