Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I'm sick, which makes me all the more emotional, and there's way too much going on for me to relax anytime soon.

Sorry for all the wordy posts today.
Sick? Oh man up!
j/k
Feel better, Stienman. It's that glorious time of year when the little petri dishes in school seem to become more prolific in their disease spreading capabilities.

Once that's done there's still drywall and molding to deal with, and that is messy, but unlike flooring you can at least still use the area easily while the project is in process.
I hate doing drywall so damn much. So much sanding and dust. I hates it.

My pet peeve of the day - students who cannot/will not follow instructions.

No, a photograph of your transcript is not the same thing as a scanned copy of same.
Yes, the funding agency is completely serious when they say they want original transcripts and not something downloaded from a university's website.
No, I'm not going to extend the deadline. A deadline of December 2nd means you have your application completed by that day. You don't start on it that day.
No, the eligibility requirements are not an exception; they are the rule.

Gods, I need a drink!

FUCKING PRINT SPOOLER! Anyone know how to fix this damn thing?
No lie. Father-in-law just had me look over a computer he got for free from a friend's business because it was "too slow." After looking it over, I found out it has had documents spooled for a nonexistent printer since 2011. Removed those, computer is now remarkably snappier.

--Patrick

Work sucked today, but at least I have a job - which is something my current boss probably won't be able to say in a week or two.

I just accidentally farted at work, and because I had my headphones on, I have no idea how embarrassed I'm supposed to be right now.

Cajungal

Staff member
I just accidentally farted at work, and because I had my headphones on, I have no idea how embarrassed I'm supposed to be right now.
HAH! Did that on the bus once accidentally. I felt the seat vibrate pretty hard, so I don't doubt I offended someone.

I was hoping my kids would have a snow day today so I could hibernate damnit! Now I actually have to get out of bed to drive them to school. I hate driving in the snow. :(

Today at the office, the wife of a co-worker calls me and tells me that she's been in a traffic accident, can't reach her husband, and asks me to find him and tell him to call her. I naturally say that of course, I'll go get him immediately.

Right after I hang up, I get the feeling that maybe, just maybe, I should have asked her if she and everyone else (I knew their kids were in the car) was okay.

Damnit. Why does this touchy-feely crap occur to me two seconds after it's too late?

Today at the office, the wife of a co-worker calls me and tells me that she's been in a traffic accident, can't reach her husband, and asks me to find him and tell him to call her. I naturally say that of course, I'll go get him immediately.

Right after I hang up, I get the feeling that maybe, just maybe, I should have asked her if she and everyone else (I knew their kids were in the car) was okay.

Damnit. Why does this touchy-feely crap occur to me two seconds after it's too late?
Eh, she probably feels she wants to talk to her husband pretty urgently (car crashes rattle people even when they're minor) so I'm sure she wasn't offended, and secondly, if there was a bad injury, probably she'd want her husband to know first anyway. So don't worry; the fact that you even regret not asking says you're pretty stand-up.

Thank you for the kind words. The husband actually came to my office later on and thanked me for relaying the message - his phone had been on silent as he had been in a meeting (which I sort of pulled him out of). The accident had been minor in the sense that no-one was hurt, though the car would be in the shop for quite a while.

I will see the wife tomorrow as it is the Finnish Independence Day, and we're all going to the reception at the embassy. I'll make a point to show more consideration when I politely ask about the affair there.

Have I mentioned I hate job interviews? I get so few (1 every 6 months of active job hunting, on average, thus far! Fuck my foreign name), yet I hate them so much. Latest one, today, was a "behavioral" one, which apparently means asking for a bunch of workplace anecdotes, and tricky personality questions. I think, if the entire hour, we spent maybe 5 minutes on tech-related things. For an IT job. Nurrrrrgs.
I feel like I'm living in a WH40K hive city.
Get a respirator/filter? I've heard some people modify their helmets to accommodate that kinda stuff. I was thinking of doing something like that with the Assault Biker-styled helmet I have laying around.

Have I mentioned I hate job interviews? I get so few (1 every 6 months of active job hunting, on average, thus far! Fuck my foreign name), yet I hate them so much. Latest one, today, was a "behavioral" one, which apparently means asking for a bunch of workplace anecdotes, and tricky personality questions. I think, if the entire hour, we spent maybe 5 minutes on tech-related things. For an IT job. Nurrrrrgs.

Get a respirator/filter? I've heard some people modify their helmets to accommodate that kinda stuff. I was thinking of doing something like that with the Assault Biker-styled helmet I have laying around.
Gah, I hate giving job interviews when they're structured like that. When I was given free range over how to conduct an interview, I managed to pick good people. It was wonderful. Those 'personality anecdotes' are so awful. Although you do learn about how bad people are at lying.

Gah, I hate giving job interviews when they're structured like that. When I was given free range over how to conduct an interview, I managed to pick good people. It was wonderful. Those 'personality anecdotes' are so awful. Although you do learn about how bad people are at lying.
Are you saying you don't believe me when I say my biggest flaw is caring too much about my job?

I hate deer.

Especially deer that jump out in the road without looking to see if there's a car coming.

And especially when that car happens to be MINE.

Traveling at highway speeds.

On a dark country highway, in the dead of winter, and temps hovering in the low single digits.

I am now missing a side-view mirror, a couple of dents on my driver side, pits and scratches in the driver door window because of the obliterated mirror, and frazzled nerves - because the deer caused me to veer off onto the shoulder of the road, which was sheer ice, and planted me into the ditch beyond.

I now know how it feels when a NASCAR stock car "gets in the marbles" and goes spinning into the infield.

Oh, and apparently my router decided to take a dump on me this morning (when my cable modem went out), so now I have no wi-fi, either.

Are you saying you don't believe me when I say my biggest flaw is caring too much about my job?
The worst ones are the stories. "Have you ever had to resolve a conflict with a coworker?" What follows is, in my experience, a stream of bullshit about the angel of a person sitting in front of me, casting out a devil from the workplace.

Well there was the one time that I disagreed with the fundamental approach on a new project with a particularly hard headed co worker. I explained the benefits of my approach, listened respectfully to their ideas, but in the end we just couldn't find common ground. So I cut the bitch.

Basically. You can't be asking me about job anecdotes for one hour when my resume lists 1 job for less than a year... Had to draw on a lot of my volunteer work... So dunno, it just increased my anxiety at a steady pace.

One of the interviewers said "good job" and shook my hand at the and, maybe he likes pretty liars? The other one passed me today in a hallway and mentioned I was a person of very strong ethics or somesuch, *shrug*.

I hate deer.

Especially deer that jump out in the road without looking to see if there's a car coming.

And especially when that car happens to be MINE.

Traveling at highway speeds.

On a dark country highway, in the dead of winter, and temps hovering in the low single digits.

I am now missing a side-view mirror, a couple of dents on my driver side, pits and scratches in the driver door window because of the obliterated mirror, and frazzled nerves - because the deer caused me to veer off onto the shoulder of the road, which was sheer ice, and planted me into the ditch beyond.

I now know how it feels when a NASCAR stock car "gets in the marbles" and goes spinning into the infield.

Oh, and apparently my router decided to take a dump on me this morning (when my cable modem went out), so now I have no wi-fi, either.
Did you at least get free Venison from the whole ordeal?

No I didn't. ####ing thing scampered off into the woods. Basically, where that video had the deer go head-on into the squad car, I instead swerved to avoid it. It just hit the side of my car and then scampered off into the woods.

We have some tough-ass deer around here.