Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Those are the worst cuts to have. Especially if it was a paper cut. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

I'm tired of the rats pooping in the food dish. I've said so to them, knowing they can't understand a word I say.

When I cleaned their cage yesterday, I found they had moved--piece by piece--the bedding from one of the litter dishes into one of the food dishes, covering up the food with litter bedding, essentially turning it into a litter dish.

Touche, rats. The day is yours.

The date I mentioned in the victory thread the other week kept canceling and rescheduling at the last minute and it has not yet materialized and I'm doubting that I should hold onto hope that it ever will and good god nobody will ever love me I'm so alone ;_;

Zappit

Staff member
Had a generally lousy weekend. Scrapped my planned Supervillainous update due to a much better idea. Probably won't go up until Tuesday.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Going through a quarter (I hope) life crisis. Still dealing with feelings and such from our break up 2 and a half months ago. Generally I've felt okay, but tonight it hit me kind of hard, and this being the "Let's all do a lot of things with our loved ones" section of the year, it's hitting me there too.

Grandparents are in decent health, but "getting old" and can't do very much on their own anymore. This year is the first year that my grandma won't be cooking Thanksgiving Dinner and my mom will be doing it, so one could assume my grandma won't do it anymore. I was in Japan, visiting my girlfriend mentioned above, during the last Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I'm kicking myself a little, even though I know it's not really a "fault" sort of thing.

With all the older people in my near family "getting older" my parents are kind of realizing that they're "next" and aren't too far behind, and planning for such things. It's just strange for all of this transitioning to be happening at once.

Basically I'm grappling with the transition from "young adult" to "adult" and I'm not doing so great. It's a whine thread, so hey, why not.

On the brighter side, I'm eating more healthily (generally, tonight was a junky night) and exercising every day, and I can already notice a difference in muscle after a few weeks. Well, 3 weeks of "every other day" and 1 week of every day. Thing is, I don't think I'm targeting muscles well. I don't get much back, chest, or abs exercise, but I seem to be covering legs and arms pretty well. I need to remedy that or I'll end up with nice arms and no torso to go with it.

Hope you're all doin' great and that your whines are little things and that everyone is generally happy. :) I'll admit I haven't read all.... 126 pages.

I'm tired of the rats pooping in the food dish. I've said so to them, knowing they can't understand a word I say.

When I cleaned their cage yesterday, I found they had moved--piece by piece--the bedding from one of the litter dishes into one of the food dishes, covering up the food with litter bedding, essentially turning it into a litter dish.

Touche, rats. The day is yours.
I had a doomweasel who didn't like the food I was feeding him (I had switched to a new brand), so he made his feelings known by taking mouthfuls from the food dish and depositing them directly into the litterbox.
Cutting out the middleman, I guess.

I had a doomweasel who didn't like the food I was feeding him (I had switched to a new brand), so he made his feelings known by taking mouthfuls from the food dish and depositing them directly into the litterbox.
Cutting out the middleman, I guess.
I wonder if that's the problem. One of the rats devours anything we give him (and it shows) but the smaller one stashes most of it and eats treats over the litter dish. Might have to consider finding an alternative and seeing if he likes it more. Thanks.

GasBandit

Staff member
The men's room on the programming side of the building here had a wall covered with bumper stickers from Texas radio stations going back 40 years. Our own, others, big and small. It was practically a historical monument. It survived 2 past renovations and countless changes of ownership.

Today our current manager, as part of this ridiculous renovation we don't have money for, had the painters scrape the bumper stickers off the wall with chisels and scrapers in preparation to repaint the bathroom (and all other walls in the building). All in the name of increasing our curb appeal because our owner is looking to unload us ASAP.

I can't wait for the lawsuit that stems from when our shitty new wheelchair ramp collapses in less than a year. Underneath the fancy faux-wood vinyl flooring on it, it's basically a sheet of plywood held up by a couple 2 by 4s.

I can't wait for the lawsuit that stems from when our shitty new wheelchair ramp collapses in less than a year. Underneath the fancy faux-wood vinyl flooring on it, it's basically a sheet of plywood held up by a couple 2 by 4s.
Once the first wheelchair goes through, just pack the hole with a bunch of those bolts and cover it over with a dozen or so bumper stickers.
Then you can sing this little song.

--Patrick

Last edited:

Cajungal

Staff member
I don't care if you want a fun size snickers for a snack. You don't have to keep justifying it over and over to everyone who sees you eating it.

"Halloween overload, can't let the kids have too much sugar..."

"You know an apple has a higher glycemic index than a snickers!"

Just eat the candy, throw the wrapper in our faces, and strut away like an emotionally healthy person.

Hey, United States Postal Service,

When the stiff envelope from Canada says "Do Not Bend", that's not some obscure French phrase. In plain English it means do not fucking bend the envelope.

Especially not by trying to force it into my shut apartment doorway.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hey, United States Postal Service,

When the stiff envelope from Canada says "Do Not Bend", that's not some obscure French phrase. In plain English it means do not fucking bend the envelope.

Especially not by trying to force it into my shut apartment doorway.
Never mark it "fragile." Never say "do not bend." Because you're going to get the mail sorter who's mad at the world and sees your package and thinks "OH YEAH?"

I don't care if you want a fun size snickers for a snack. You don't have to keep justifying it over and over to everyone who sees you eating it.

"Halloween overload, can't let the kids have too much sugar..."

"You know an apple has a higher glycemic index than a snickers!"
There so much about this post I agree with and could rant about, but I really just wanted to say that,
Just eat the candy, throw the wrapper in our faces, and strut away like an emotionally healthy person.
made me laugh out loud

Cajungal

Staff member
I enjoyed that image and just thought I would share...

I cannot tell you how much it makes my day when someone says I made them laugh (or just laughs in my presence). :) It's silly I guess, but I love it.

I'm sick and this makes no sense. I've always had a great immune system. I was sick twice throughout all of high school. But lately I've been coming down with something once a month it seems. The sucks.

Welcome to life as a college student. It does suck, but it does make sense. Even though you were around possibly hundreds of people while in high school (I have no idea how big your high school was), they were all from the same region. Now you're in college, at a major university, and people go there from all over the country and world, so instead of having one or two strains of a particular disease bombarding your immune system, you have the possibility for far more strains (and regional proclivities). Plus, I don't know how stressed you were in high school, but aren't you a senior in college? Taking senior level classes, writing senior level papers, trying to meet senior level deadlines, and going to home football games on the weekends?

But being sick sucks, and you have my sympathy.

I suppose that makes sense, its definitely gotten worse each year. At least I have a relaxing weekend ahead of me, so its not a big deal.

Amazon has decided that Black Friday is now a month-long event. While shopping online means minimal risk of being trampled to death by shoppers, I now have to keep an eye out daily in the event that something I was going to get for someone is 50% off.

On the other hand, some people are just getting gift cards because they're horrible to shop for and don't have wish lists and I'm horrible at figuring out what someone might like or want 99% of the time.​

figmentPez

Staff member
I should know better than to tweet certain key words. I wanted to let my friends who follow me on Twitter know that I was giving away my extra Steam codes. Within 5 minutes I had a new follower (who claimed to know me from spin class), who wanted my copy of Batman Arkham City. Good grief. I know I was perfectly willing to give my copies away to people I don't know at all on Tumblr, but I'm not going to give it away to someone who is doing searches on Twitter, and most likely will just sell the code.

I have an ex as a friend on a certain social media site that almost daily posts shit that shows just what kind of spoiled white girl she is. It's pretty much the only reason I don't unfriend her at this point is to see what kind of new bullshit she posts every day.

Today she was mad that no one but her family "gave a shit" that it was her birthday.

No shit numbnuts, you're almost 30. No one should be expected to "give a shit". You're not 16 anymore, despite how you act and present yourself.

The other day she was mad that a homeless person panhandled her and her boyfriend coming out of MacDonalds, wherein she proclaimed that he should just go inside and get a job instead of harassing her.

YOU THINK HE COULD JUST DO THAT? Wow, man, I hope you told him that to his face and showed him the error of his ways. Fuck, I can't believe no one had thought of that before now.

Shittiest part is she's easily the second most attractive person I've ever dated, and she dumped me.

Fuck.

I just bought some double smoked pepperoni.

Then I ate one. Hmm, I didn't think double smoked meant spicier than the burning pits of hell times a trillion.

/looks at the package

Oh, double smoked ghost pepper pepperoni.

I stopped reading after the double smoked.

I just bought some double smoked pepperoni.

Then I ate one. Hmm, I didn't think double smoked meant spicier than the burning pits of hell times a trillion.

/looks at the package

Oh, double smoked ghost pepper pepperoni.

I stopped reading after the double smoked.
I assume this was you:

GasBandit

Staff member
The top shelf of the new refrigerator at the office is a good 10 degrees warmer than the bottom shelf. This has given us a whole new meaning for "race to the bottom."

Thanks to the internet, I love Christmas shopping since I don't have to ever leave to get it done.

But the one thing I hate is finding so much stuff that I want and it's on sale. Vastly on sale. And I hate that if anyone buys such a thing for me, they'll likely pay more than I could get for it now, but I'm not supposed to buy anything because Christmas is "just around the corner". No, Thanksgiving is next. Then Krampusfest.

Also, I don't know why I bother adding digital albums or Kindle books to my Amazon wishlist. No one ever buys them for me because there won't be a box to open. I swear my family is just glued to decades ago and will not come unstuck. I offer to buy stuff they want to buy for each other, sending it to each other, and they can pay me back, because we have free two-day shipping through Amazon Prime. "Oh, I didn't think of that, I'll have to take you up on that next year, but I already bought stuff now."

Dear family of mine:
1. Okay ... but you still have other stuff to buy.
2. You say that every fucking year--we've had Prime for at least four Christmases and you people never ask for my fucking help. I want to help. Why do you insist on spending more money than you have to? It's no wonder you're always struggling with bills--you never look for where you can save a buck or two. Those dollars add up over time.