Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Zappit

Staff member
Fun weekend for me. Gotta help do demolition on my kitchen for a remodel, help an aunt move, and work on getting my new Supervillainous site just right.

Best part was tearing up the floor. The original installation crew decided to reenact the shoot out scene from Scarface with the tack gun. My dad and I had to pull up about 15,000 of the things.

FirstWorldWhine: I can't decide whether I should play more Borderlands 2, or clean up my Skyrim Add-On subscriptions and start a new Skyrim run.

flat gingerale for me always stops the hurling
Flat ginger ale (or just ginger in general) helps to relax the smooth muscles of your digestive tract, calming it and helping quiet the heavie-jeavies.
Go easy on it, though. The same action that relaxes your gut also relaxes the muscles which control the sphincter at the top of your stomach. If you overdo it on the ginger, your stomach could leak into your throat, meaning you might accidentally give yourself heartburn.

--Patrick

i walked into the room and saw Jun on her iPad. Thinking she was playing a game, I went over to join her. When I got next to her, I noticed she was crying. She said she missed her mom. She's apparently been leaving her mother messages once in a while on her mom's QQ (Chinese chat program) to tell her how she's been doing. They use to talk almost daily because June lives in Shanghai, while her mother lived in Anhui, their home province. They only saw each other a few times a year. It's only been four months since her mother tragically, and suddenly passed away. Now I'm depressed :(

So I had invited my ex-wife over for dinner last Monday. She suggested Friday but I had a date planned for Friday so we set it up for Sunday at 6PM. Why did I invite my ex for dinner?

1) So she could play with the cats that I got in the separation.
2) So we could chat and be friendly so it wasn't awkward if we ran into each in Trail. (Which we've done several times and it wasn't awkward but I digress)
3) Because we had intended to have dinner a couple of weeks back and it never happened, so she said another time.

I went out and bought a couple steaks, researched some new recipes for food I know she likes, and spent Saturday cleaning the house and doing prep cook work.

Midnight Saturday I receive a text. The conversation back and forth is below:

Her: Is it just me - does dinner seem a bit awkward? We haven't socialized in a while. I guess I'm just surprised?
Me: It gets worse! Look at the date. (One day before our anniversary, totally missed that)
Her: Oh. Shit. Off by a day I hadn't clued into that.
Me: Ditto. Until early yesterday. So if you want to cancel, totally ok
Her: Hmm, I dunno. What are your thoughts? I mean I want to be friendly, you know?
Me: I've put you in an awkward spot which wasn't the intention so we should just cancel. Sorry for the hassle.
Her: I think the awkwardness is just not feeling like I know where your head is at. Because we don't talk so much anymore. My awkwardness isn't your fault so no apologies needed. I was just thinking about it today which is why I'm bringing it up/trying to talk about it. Albeit at a stupid hour.
Me: It's okay. Not sure why it matters where my head is at.
Her: Sure it does. Is having dinner mean you want to be friends?
Me: I guess I didn't put that much thought into it.
Her: Hmm okay. Just thought it'd be nice to hang out? Don't get me wrong - I totally appreciate the thought and invite and like I said, I want to be friendly. Just seems like it's been such a long time.
Me: No prob. Guess it's too soon. Another time.
Her: Or what about just having a more casual coffee/lunch visit?
Me: Nah, it's okay. I'll see you around :)

I come across a bit jerky for sure but fuck, midnight? Seriously? How about 6 days ago?

GasBandit

Staff member
See, the problem here is women think intimate relationships are the endgame of human life. Men know the endgame of human life is the Budokai Tenkaichi, and relationships are just a side quest.

Not jerky enough. "Stop overthinking this! I invited you for dinner with no expectations and no ulterior motives! If you don't want to, say no! If you want to, say yes! If you think I'm trying to send you coded messages about 'us' go take a long walk off a short pier!"
That was kind of my attitude. The fact that she stayed up all night fussing and fretting about having dinner is just so ....her. I mean, we had dinner after we signed the separation agreement so I didn't think it was some kind of taboo thing - and we've run into each other downtown and had nice, decent conversations. It wasn't some kind of malodorous plan that required a psychology degree. I need to eat. I make food. I like company. I invite company. I make two helpings of food. Apparently, MOVING WAY TOO FAST.

Whatever, it's typical. And it's our anniversary today so I'm more annoyable than ordinary.[DOUBLEPOST=1378757040,1378756968][/DOUBLEPOST]
So you're saying you get to have double the steak?

Count your blessings man.
I only had one steak because I invited a girlfriend over for dinner instead. So I got steak AND canoodling. Which is kinda nice.[DOUBLEPOST=1378757121][/DOUBLEPOST]And it was a good meal to boot:

Well earlier I had posted about possibly getting laid off from work.

It's the day of reckoning! 90% of our department is getting liquidated... so let's see if I can be the lucky 10%

(not likely).

Will update later with results.

fade

Staff member
It seems like 9 out of 10 micro controller projects on the web would work exactly the same if you took the microcontroller out of the circuit and wired everything directly together. Or replaced it with a relay.

GasBandit

Staff member
It seems like 9 out of 10 micro controller projects on the web would work exactly the same if you took the microcontroller out of the circuit and wired everything directly together. Or replaced it with a relay.
Reminds me of my final project in my first semester CS programming course. We were supposed to program something that used a linked list. I wanted to make a game. So I programmed a side view platform jumping game... that just so happened to use a completely unnecessary linked list to store its high scores. Still got an A.

Damn, good luck @Azurephoenix![DOUBLEPOST=1378827788,1378827570][/DOUBLEPOST]Is that balsamic vinegar and mozzarella @Adam?
I bought a high quality balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, fine sugar and basil and drizzled it over cherry tomatoes and bocconcini. I'd use mozza in the future because bocconcini's by themselves are pretty bland.

You do oilfield work right? On the positive side, it shouldn't be too hard to find something in the industry.

Yeah, I'm a structural designer for engineering companies that are pretty much all oil related in Calgary.

I have a few positive leads already so hopefully one of those will come to fruition.

No, no, no. $60 for glasses, the other $500 is for the grinding and polishing and exam and frame styling and storefront and marketing.

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
This is why so many people use Zenni now. I just had an eye appointment yesterday and my doc actually complimented my $10 Zenni specs and and asked where I got them.

I've been using Zenni for years (and, in fact, those are Zenni glasses in my avatar), and my wife makes fun of me all the time about it. The glasses are so cheap there that I can justify buying an extra emergency pair and an 80% tint pair for the car.

When my wife and my son needed glasses a couple months ago, she told me she'd get them at the local optometrist and use our insurance instead. I think the $300-something she paid (after insurance) was quite the sticker shock when I tell her I pay like $20 for mine. I'll wager that next time, we use Zenni for the family glasses too :) Hell, for what she paid for two pais, I could've gotten everyone in the house (including the daughter-in-law) three freaking pairs each.

Last edited:
Well I just led a bat out of my house, and FLAN it was an ordeal. What is it about bats that are so damn creepy? The potential rabies? The fact that they are big flying things? All I know is I am glad its not flying in my house. Though I will admit it did look kinda cute trying to sleep on my ceiling.

One of my sinks has been draining slowly for months now, slowly getting worse and worse. My wife made a few comments about perhaps it's my shaving hair that's getting caught. Of course I know it isn't but that's not how the blame game works. Besides, it's my job to clean them out so it doesn't matter why it's clogging.

Anyway I finally get around to disassembling the trap and cleaning everything out.

Turns out it's a bunch of long hair creating the clogs.

Not that I'm going to point it out (unless she asks, I suppose) but this is a whine because I'm still fighting to keep my breakfast down. Warm sewage pipes...

:puke:
I once thought it would be a brilliant idea to put a rubber hose down the drain till it stopped at the clog, and then blow really hard to see if it would break it up. I only did it once... It broke it up, but sent chunks of whatever goop was in there back up the drain and onto my face.

I once thought it would be a brilliant idea to put a rubber hose down the drain till it stopped at the clog, and then blow really hard to see if it would break it up. I only did it once... It broke it up, but sent chunks of whatever goop was in there back up the drain and onto my face.
Interestingly, I had this happen with rumen fluid. Except I was trying to siphon fluid with a hose, and it went in my mouth and face. It took every fiber of my being not to barf and puke in front of my boss and all the cattle folk. Ugh.

"Why was I siphoning bodily fluids from a cow?", you ask. Science!

Later, I had the brilliant idea to just squeeze the rumen contents through some cheesecloth to get the liquid.

Yikes. I have a pretty strong stomach, and was able to laugh off my incident. Not sure if I'd be able to in yours @drawn_inward.

Also, new laptop is on the fedex truck. Waiting sucks balls! I want a real time feed of the exact location of that truck, damn it.