Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

4 days and the employee who was gone for three months on vacation has already sucked morale out of the office and accused me of conspiring against her. 4 days.[DOUBLEPOST=1376604266,1376604231][/DOUBLEPOST]I just fucking want to scream.

GasBandit

Staff member
Three months vacation? Was that maternity leave or something? Here, 3 month vacation could be considered a euphemism for being fired. Because obviously, if they can do without you for 3 months, you must not be all that essential.

Three months vacation? Was that maternity leave or something? Here, 3 month vacation could be considered a euphemism for being fired. Because obviously, if they can do without you for 3 months, you must not be all that essential.
Well it was more like 3 month research trip for her PhD.

Plus, it's academia. You can't get fired. Literally had a guy not show up for two weeks and was told, despite him being active on Twitter and bragging about being in LA, since we could not 'contact' (fun fact! contact is narrowly defined as by phone or email) him, and he might be dead in a ditch somewhere, all we could do is file for 'job abandonment' and give him a week's pay if he didn't respond to the notice.

Anyway, the project we work on has a steep learning curve, and as a worker, this person who went on the 3 month trip is outstanding. Very accurate, very fast, very focussed. But she sucks morale out of me, and she's sucking it out of the office, and...

fade

Staff member
Brand spanking new car, less than a week old, and someone opened their door into it. And good, too.

Nice try Magica Despell, but I've been pumping George Carlin through my speakers for ten minutes! I can tell its gradually working, and I swear thats not the drunk/madness talking!

I don't usually feel guilty about not donating to telemarketed charities. I do _LOATHE_ when I'm buying groceries and they loudly ask if I'd like to donate such and such to such foundation. Feel like an asshole when I decline in a crowded supermarket.

I developed a charitable round up program for the company I work at on their debit card so if someone asks me to donate, I just say that the card automatically donates change (Up to the nearest dollar) so I don't need to donate at a till.

When I'm on my feet solid enough that I won't run out of cash reserves in less than six weeks were I to lose my job, then maybe I will feel guilty about not donating (money/time) to a cause.

...but not today.

--Patrick

The rats got into a fight over a box after we went to bed last night (I can tell because the box was three levels down from where it should be). They'd been scuffling yesterday, but I didn't realize it had gotten so bad after we left them. Today I found a big gash behind the little one's ear. I'm sure he earned it, he's always bullying the big one, but we lost a rat to infection a year ago and I don't want them fucking each other up.

Cleaned the wound, used some antibacterial cream. Gonna do the same tomorrow and hope for the best. It's a big gash for something his size.

I don't usually feel guilty about not donating to telemarketed charities. I do _LOATHE_ when I'm buying groceries and they loudly ask if I'd like to donate such and such to such foundation. Feel like an asshole when I decline in a crowded supermarket.

I don't feel bad about this anymore as I just think to myself that if I really want to donate that $2 to the whatever foundation... I'm going to do it personally and get the tax write off and not let some big stupid store get it instead.

I don't mention this really often, but I write. Quite a lot. And I write everything long hand in nearly a dozen compostions notebooks.

My whine you may ask? My favorite writing pen has run out of ink! UGH...I'm so sad about this! I'm even more sad because it was some company pen, so I don't know if I can get another one. But seriously, it was the best pen! The ink flow was perfect and was so smooth. It played to the fact that I write in cursive. And and...ugh...I has a sad.

Last edited:
My dog keeps running off. It is now to the point that I'll have to put a leash on him just to walk him down the back steps to put him in the fenced area of my yard. I can't play frisbee in the front yard or work on his retrievals in the lake because he gets a scent and takes off running...:mad:

GasBandit

Staff member
My dog keeps running off. It is now to the point that I'll have to put a leash on him just to walk him down the back steps to put him in the fenced area of my yard. I can't play frisbee in the front yard or work on his retrievals in the lake because he gets a scent and takes off running...:mad:
I've never had a dog I could trust not to run off if let out in the front yard off a leash.
Ironically if I took them for a walk somewhere unfamiliar, they might go exploring a little bit but never leave my sight and always came when summoned (except if they saw another dog, then all bets were off).

I remember when I was a kid, my dad had just got a dog from the shelter, and took him to Petsmart on the way home to get dog stuff, and the automatic doors rumbled open like the stone gates of hell and scared the shit out of the dog, who bolted, yanking the leash out of my dad's hands, and the sucker was gone. He drove around looking for the dog but couldn't find it. Found him next day back at the shelter. Got him home without incident after that. Named him Mikhail (Mickey for short) after the colored splotch on his forehead, and he was a really good dog after that.

http://www.overstock.com/Office-Sup...pspla&ef_id=USvf8gAABe9wsoSI:20130819182745:s

Uni-Ball pens are the best writing implement for the money. I like the .05 vs. .07, 7 writes too wide and sloppy.
These are pretty sweet, but I absolutely love the Zebra pens: http://www.zebrapen.com/products/pen/f-301?c=30 two of mine are dying, so I should stop and pick some up today. They're my long-hand pens of choice, if you find you need to get a new variety, @LittleKagsin Both their black and blue varieties flow wonderfully and are really crisp. Plus I find them very comfortable to hold and write for long periods of time.

Shock collars can do wonders. Depending on the dog, you might be able to get away with using just the vibration setting. A lot of dogs just need something to jerk their mind out of the tunnel they get in when they find a scent, and that does it.
I was lucky enough my Lab wouldn't get out of eyesight of me. He's the biggest baby there is.