Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

fade

Staff member
Yep.

But someone has to support the poor, impoverished microcontroller companies.
Yeah and those blinkenlights circuits could all replace the $30 arduino (and the $1000 computer used to program it) with a 30¢ 555 timer. I'm of course not talking about the "hello world" arduino programming tutorials either.

I have an extremely deep bruise on my inner thigh/wrapping back to my hamstring on my left leg. It's taken me weeks to realize that it was just a bruise, and that re-configuring my desk chair at work and applying an ice pack a few times should take care of the problem. I'm sorry, did I say weeks? Surely I meant years.

Some jerk stole my bike tire arg.
Front wheel? I have one of those quick release latches and I expect it to happen to me before too long. I've seen folks carry their wheels to their desks before. One guy brings his bike to his office, though it is a Gary Fisher.

I did have my seat stolen when I was an undergrad. That ride home was fun. It was an awesome gel-cushioned seat too.

Last edited:

BananaHands

Staff member
Front wheel? I have one of those quick release latches and I expect it to happen to me before too long. I've seen folks carry their wheels to their desks before. One guy bring his bike to his office, though it is a Gary Fisher.

I did have my seat stolen when I was an undergrad. That ride home was fun. It was an awesome gel-cushioned seat too.
Back wheel. :( I locked my front wheel up with my bike.

You call these posts whiny? I'll show you whiny.

I've had a certain graphic novel on my Amazon wishlist since before it was released, nearly two years. No one got it for me because they wanted to get me video games even when I didn't want any. Allow me to emphasize. My family wanted to get me video games instead of a friggin' book. Why couldn't they have been like that when I was a teenager?

Anyway, I probably should've just bought it for myself seeing as two Christmases came and went (don't get gifts for birthday) and no one got it for me. Well, now it's never going to happen, because it went out of print and used copies run for as low as $899.

I should probably buy everything on my wishlist now. Just to be safe. My wife will totally accept that reasoning.

So, Lays is doing that whole 4 flavour contest thing in Canada right now. The flavours are Maple Syrup, Loaded Perogi, Creamy Garlic Cesar and Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Ketchup.

I'm going to describe the taste of some of these using as gentle of language as I can possibly muster.

Maple Syrup - Not good, but not terrible either. I would never buy these again, but they weren't gag reflex testers. Never been a fan of artificial maple syrup flavour.

Loaded Perogi - Ever had loaded baked potato Ruffles? Same thing. They're as generic a chip flavour as Lays could possibly come up with.

Creamy Garlic Cesar - Probably the best flavour of the bunch but comes on way strong. One of those chips flavours that starts out good but wears it's welcome out very quickly. I like it, but it's still not anywhere near as good as a bag of any other regular flavour of chips.

Grilled Cheese and Ketchup - If there is a hell specifically designed for the creator of this monstrosity, it would still be too light a punishment for how terrible this flavour is. Its taste is somewhere between the vomit you get when you spend a night eating jalapeno poppers and drinking tequila and the taste of rotten milk. The very fact that it invokes the name of ketchup chips (one of the best flavours of chip ever) in it's name is a crime not only against snack foods, but humanity in general. These are the worst things I've ever tasted in the last decade of my life. I am that certain about how bad they taste. If you were to serve a bag of these to starving children in Africa...well, they'd probably eat them because they're full of calories and such but they wouldn't be happy about it, I assure you. Fuck Grilled Cheese and Ketchup flavoured Lays and fuck Lays for releasing this fucking abomination on my country. They had to know they tasted bad. SOMEONE HAD TO HAVE TRIED ONE.

UGHHHH, NNNnnnoooooOOO!

For the first time in WEEKS I actually brought something to eat at work, but someone's using our conference room (where the fridge is) so I can't get in there to get my food. ARGH!! I just want my smoothie. :(

Just finished a software release, and now I have to re-write another huge process and I just can't make myself care.

Start. I meant to say start.

I finally started doing yoga, which I'd been planning to do for MONTHS. I decided if I was going to do it, I was going to dive in head first, go whole hog.

Can't move now... think I might be dying...

Cajungal

Staff member
I finally started doing yoga, which I'd been planning to do for MONTHS. I decided if I was going to do it, I was going to dive in head first, go whole hog.

Can't move now... think I might be dying...
Hang in there. It's about to get awesome.

Last week, ordered first pair of no-line bifocals for $567.

Yesterday, they came in - and left lens was WAY out of whack. Optometrist aide said it was part of getting used to the bifocals. The more I wore them, the more I realized something was NOT right with them.

Brought then in to optometrist today. She double-checked my prescription. Doc took me back and discovered the axis for the left lens had been turned 100 degrees too far for my astigmatism.

Why? Because someone had stuck a "1" in front of the deviance line on my prescription. :facepalm:

$500+ bifocals are now going back to the lab to be fixed. :rolleyes:

Oh FFS, iTunes Radio. What is your problem? The Black Keys, Weezer, and Dinosaur Jr. are not surf guitar. And when I say never play this track, I MEAN never play this track. I certainly don't mean play the same unwanted track over and over until I run out of skips for the hour.

For some reason my likes and dislikes will go ignored for long stretches at a time, and then I'll wind up with numerous repeats of both liked and disliked tracks. Like sould not mean "play 4x in succession." :mad:

Pandora still has it over Apple here.

Oh FFS, iTunes Radio. What is your problem? The Black Keys, Weezer, and Dinosaur Jr. are not surf guitar. And when I say never play this track, I MEAN never play this track. I certainly don't mean play the same unwanted track over and over until I run out of skips for the hour.

For some reason my likes and dislikes will go ignored for long stretches at a time, and then I'll wind up with numerous repeats of both liked and disliked tracks. Like sould not mean "play 4x in succession." :mad:

Pandora still has it over Apple here.
You're dealing with Apple, so of course they know better than you.

Hey, guess what, if you search by my gaming nick randomly on google, you'll find an Infidelity subforum where I posted to to help me recover. If you read it, and you note that I don't say particularly flattering things about you, it's probably in your best interest not to read it, versus texting me a rant about how your life isn't that bad and you're not a hermit.

Also, over the course of the conversation, mentioning how everyone tells you how happy I am and how much of a stud I am with the ladies is probably not going to make me feel worse; just saying.

I passed everything on my WFTDA assessment except the one thing I could not fail. 27 laps in 5 minutes.

I hurt my ankle on Monday and had to sit on my ass for a week which probably didn't help.

Last edited:
Hey, guess what, if you search by my gaming nick randomly on google, you'll find an Infidelity subforum where I posted to to help me recover. If you read it, and you note that I don't say particularly flattering things about you, it's probably in your best interest not to read it, versus texting me a rant about how your life isn't that bad and you're not a hermit.

Also, over the course of the conversation, mentioning how everyone tells you how happy I am and how much of a stud I am with the ladies is probably not going to make me feel worse; just saying.
Infedelity subforum? I don't remember you mentioning any cheating during the break-up?

I'm sorry to use the funny tag, but I laughed at the last bit.

Is there something compelling you to keep in contact with her or is this by choice?

I think I killed my website. That's what happens when you vanish from it for a month, no explanation. Now all my hits come from Russian sites that I'm pretty sure are there by accident or related to shady things that I don't want to know about and there's no way I'm clicking those links. But this may be a good thing in the long run; it was a good project for the last couple of years, but I need to focus on the more professional side of things. Self-publishing isn't working for me because I have no idea what I'm doing and since there's still a shot in hell at selling rights to a self-published novel, I'm gonna start working on letters.

Also, last night was filled with a long dream where I was Harry Potter and I really needed to use the bathroom, but kept getting bothered or detoured by magical nonsense or Professor McGonagall scolding me or trying to figure out who wanted me dead this year (Hint: IT'S STILL VOLDEMORT), and increasingly needing to use the bathroom.

Now guess what I had to do but was too dead in sleep to wake up and do? Fortunately I did wake up, but I did not need my head full of that. Don't ask me why it came veiled in Harry Potter. My only explanation is to blame Tumblr gifs.

I need to turn this day around, because work is tomorrow and I know that's not gonna be enjoyable.

Also, last night was filled with a long dream where I was Harry Potter and I really needed to use the bathroom, but kept getting bothered or detoured by magical nonsense or Professor McGonagall scolding me or trying to figure out who wanted me dead this year (Hint: IT'S STILL VOLDEMORT), and increasingly needing to use the bathroom.
But if you had made it to the bathroom in the dream you would have been accosted by a troll, or a voyeuristic ghost or sucked into the Chamber of Secrets. Just sayin'.

But if you had made it to the bathroom in the dream you would have been accosted by a troll, or a voyeuristic ghost or sucked into the Chamber of Secrets. Just sayin'.
I'm glad I don't know the books/movies well enough to know that or it probably would've happened.

All of them.