Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I lost my remote for my TV in my office. The TV works, but I accidentally changed the channel on the TV and now I can not get it back to the input from the satellite. I am pissed that I might have to buy a TV because there is no input/source button on the damned TV. The menu only adjusts the picture.

I lost my remote for my TV in my office. The TV works, but I accidentally changed the channel on the TV and now I can not get it back to the input from the satellite. I am pissed that I might have to buy a TV because there is no input/source button on the damned TV. The menu only adjusts the picture.
Any chance a $4 universal remote would do the trick?

I feel increasingly annoyed and frustrated with the whole "my back hurts so I can't do jack shit without it hurting". I absolutely hate not being able to carry the grocery bags or sleep spooning and such. Grrr.

I started reading Cryptonomicon, which is interesting but starting to feel like a marathon. The Ocean at the End of the Lane comes out in five days. I do not start reading a new book until I finish the last one, and I don't think I can finish this damned thing in five day.

Poop.

Why does time move so slowly on a Friday afternoon!? This has been the longest 90 minutes of my life. And once I'm, off I'm gonna be impossibly busy for the next 24 hours at least.

I'm hungry and I don't feel like cooking and there's no take-out where I live. I guess I'll just curl up and starve to death and let the doomweasels dispose of my body. Goodbye, cruel empty fridge.

I'm hungry and I don't feel like cooking and there's no take-out where I live. I guess I'll just curl up and starve to death and let the doomweasels dispose of my body. Goodbye, cruel empty fridge.
No take out isn't a good thing :( No frozen pizza or anything?

I've decided to make red beans and rice.

Worship my awesome Southern cooking prowess![DOUBLEPOST=1371351525][/DOUBLEPOST]Though if these doomweasels don't get out of my kitchen, I'm going to have Doomweasel Delight.

Bah. Slept in later than usual, which is good, but still awake a good two hours sooner than I wanted.

Oh well. I can put that time to good use to triple check my packing before I hit the road for MI. Schedule puts me on the interstate by 4am.

It's Time to Contemplate if it's Worth Calling My Father, a Man Who Has the Gall to Criticize and Lecture Me Despite He Himself Not Being Man Enough to Stick Around and Raise His Kids Every Time I Talk to Him Day.

The little nickname I give today explains my feelings well enough.

My gift to my dad is pullin' weeds like all hell! That and a gift I am yet to buy because my dad is impossible to freaking shop for. I'm just glad he's understanding on it.

Father's Day is really bitter-sweet for me. I have a great daughter, I've done what I can for her, taught her, pushed her to her best, been there for both victory and defeat.

But, honestly, I don't have much good to say about my own father. Him and my mother were divorced when I was about 15, he kept the house because his business was upstairs, but even with him working at home, I didn't see him. I played soccer (futbol) for 18 years, all my home games in high school were at a field that could be seen from the window in his shop, he never saw me play, ever. I used my father as an example for dealing with my daughter, a bad example. If he did something one way for me while growing up, I did the basic opposite. I saw every game that my daughter was a member of the High School marching band, home and away, regular season and playoff. I only missed one concert that she played (I was very ill) and even managed to volunteer as a chaperon for some of the marching contests. Maybe it came from the fact that he was placed into a boys home when he was little (mother and father divorced and at the time that was what happened with kids) or that he was more interested in wanting to make his own life happy to the exclusion of the feelings or needs of others. When I was 17, I told him that I was done with trying to make a space for him in my life, I wouldn't hide from him, but he had to make the effort to reach out to me to do something rather than me always trying to make it work, he never called. He died 13 years ago, literally smoked himself to death. I would really like to post something like this on facebook, but don't want to cause my sister some serious pain, because she is much like him and they got along great.

So instead, you guys get my whine, get to "hear" my vent on the subject.

TL-DR - My dad sucked, jealous of others that have great dads.

Haven't spoken with my parents in about 14-15 years with the exception of the annual -Are you ready to apologize?- phone call I get from one of them. So yeah, I'll instead be enjoying my kids and wife's spoiling on this day.

Father's day for me may end in buying a new used car. This is in the whine thread because car buying sucks! We like two pretty comparable cars, one of which is close but 15% more expensive than the other. The other is a year older, squarely in our price range, but a four hour drive away. Uggghhhhh!

Cajungal

Staff member
I like my dad. I feel like a statistical outlier.
Me too. We definitely haven't always gotten along, but that's because of how alike we are. It's hard to fault him for that, especially since his generosity and good humor far outweigh his faults.

Something I have wondered for a very long time:

Is it better to have a below average father, or a great one who died before your ninth birthday?

GasBandit

Staff member
Something I have wondered for a very long time:

Is it better to have a below average father, or a great one who died before your ninth birthday?
Pfft, better question: If your girlfriend/wife got voodoo-mindswitched with your mom, and the only way to get them switched back was for you, personally, to have sex with either one twenty times... would you have sex with your girlfriend in your mom's body, or your mom in your girlfriend's body?

Pfft, better question: If your girlfriend/wife got voodoo-mindswitched with your mom, and the only way to get them switched back was for you, personally, to have sex with either one twenty times... would you have sex with your girlfriend in your mom's body, or your mom in your girlfriend's body?
I think I like my question better.

I did not budget enough time or money for Ann Arbor. So many places where I'd to back up a truck and say "I'll take it ALL." Starting with Wazoo's and Zingermans.

And now via my wanderings I find the Michigan Theatre is showing Blazing Saddles at 7 tonight.

Call me crazy, but the HF meet comes first. :p

My dad and I have absolutely nothing in common. I maintain that if I weren't his spawn he wouldn't even like me. He tries though, and so do I.

Cajungal

Staff member
Every year the little fine hairs on my face get darker and thicker... :( I can't tell how visible they are to other people. But every time I put on makeup all I want to do is get all that stupid hair lasered off... Freakin teen wolf face

GasBandit

Staff member
I remember the exact moment I realized I was not young any more... it was when I realized I was no longer counting pimples on my body, I was counting cherry angiomas.