Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Every year the little fine hairs on my face get darker and thicker... :( I can't tell how visible they are to other people. But every time I put on makeup all I want to do is get all that stupid hair lasered off... Freakin teen wolf face

I have the same problem with my ass. It's gotten to the point where I dread putting make up on it at all these days.

After telling her to stop several times, my daughter kicked me in the face while I was laying on the couch because she wanted to practice front flipping. Gonna have a nice fat lip (though hopefully swelling will go down and not up), and one of my bottom teeth is feeling kind of wiggly. I put my bottom retainer in, and hopefully the gums will heal. :p

GasBandit

Staff member
After telling her to stop several times, my daughter kicked me in the face while I was laying on the couch because she wanted to practice front flipping. Gonna have a nice fat lip (though hopefully swelling will go down and not up), and one of my bottom teeth is feeling kind of wiggly. I put my bottom retainer in, and hopefully the gums will heal. :p
And then you wore the skin off her behind with a hickory switch, I assume?

I often find records at work where people write things like "I intend to build a fence this summer." then you see the record from the summer, and, naturally, they don't build the fence. Why did they ever write these things.

I intend to be a millionaire.

Oh look, turns out intentions are for shit.

Don't fill out your goddamn form

until you've built

the goddamn fence

assholes.

Yeah but you don't get credit for planning to build the fence. So the guy's gonna have to submit another form anyway when the fence is actually built. Why is he wasting his and my time with this "I intend to..." nonsense!

GasBandit

Staff member
They just replaced the water cooler yesterday. Now our water tastes really weird. Even by Texas standards. It's got me thinking about actually drinking tap water. It's that bad.

That's one thing I really do miss about Colorado - tap water that tastes good.

GasBandit

Staff member
Is the water from jugs, or filtered from the tap? Did they change water jug suppliers as well as the cooler?

If its the same water jugs in a new cooler, just run a jug or two of water through it, and it should be back to normal. Unless its a used cooler and someone hasn't cleaned it in awhile.

In that case add some laxatives to the water, bar the bathroom doors, and watch the fireworks.
It's a filtered, no-bottle cooler that filters and chills tapwater. Same thing we used to have, I dunno why they bothered replacing it. Same company too. I'm sure after we run a few dozen gallons through it it'll turn to normal, but until then, bleh.

GasBandit

Staff member
I accidentally uninstalled Killing Floor. I reinstalled it again immediately when I realized my mistake... but all my custom maps are gone and I'll have to find them all again. FUUUUUUUUUUUU

fade

Staff member
I bought The 7th Guest for my iPad. I used to love that game. I found out they left out three puzzles because, frankly, computers had become too capable, rendering them nearly unsolvable (at least for the microscope puzzle). Too bad.

GasBandit

Staff member
I bought The 7th Guest for my iPad. I used to love that game. I found out they left out three puzzles because, frankly, computers had become too capable, rendering them nearly unsolvable (at least for the microscope puzzle). Too bad.
Old man Stauf is waiting there. Crazy, sick, and mean.

I can still play the leitmotif on the piano.

I still have the original discs, and they can run on a modern PC with a bit of patching. Not sure why they couldn't just tweak those puzzles.

When Kati decided to replay the game, I stood by on another computer running an Ataxx clone set to the max difficulty. She would call off the game's moves, I would plug them into my computer and then call back the result. This way, we managed to defeat the microscope on the first try.

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
The microscope was the hardest if I recall correctly. For me, the bishop puzzle was second. It didn't have a nice heuristic solution like the knights and the queens.

Ghat damn skeeters! Itchin' up my feet, possibly giving me some foreign disease on account of the fact that mosqitoes are the leading carrier of such things as why they are aptly named the most dangerous animal in the world according to most sources. ITS IRKSOME!

So yeah...bought a book I all ready owned at the comic shop. Heat +biking+ walking =confused Mickee. I'm just glad the store I go to is cool so they'll probably let me exchange it.

You know that thing that normal people do when they become adults? You know: with the having a decent career, starting a family, being happy and whatnot?

I'd like to know why I can't seem to find any of those things. :(

You know that thing that normal people do when they become adults? You know: with the having a decent career, starting a family, being happy and whatnot?

I'd like to know why I can't seem to find any of those things. :(
I've never known normal adults to have all of those at once.

What Ravenpoe said. Seriously, no one that I come across has their shit together entirely. Even middle-aged and retired folks. Not saying that it's a bad goal, just perhaps a tad ambitious.
Though this may say more about the people I work with/for than anything else.

That's why I put this in the Whine thread. It just seems like everyone one I know is married or getting married, having kids and are doing at least decently well with their jobs.
Meanwhile, I can't seem to get ANY of my shit together. And I can't blame anyone but myself for that.

Is it wrong why I have all those things put together at the moment too?

I was however in Cheesy's place at one point in my life. It was tied alot to my weight, which tied into alot of self-dislike, which therefore sub-consiously ruined other things in my life. I noticed that once I put my mind to bettering myself physically, the mentally then the emotionally came along all in a row. Not saying that's the cure all for everyone, but it's what worked for me.

figmentPez

Staff member
Meanwhile, I can't seem to get ANY of my shit together.
Says the guy who just got back from Disneyland with his stunningly beautiful girlfriend.

I can't fault you for wanting a stable career and marriage, I want those things too, and I'm not about to tell you that you have to be happy because you're closer to having that than I am, but I was really envious of you seeing those pics of your trip. You may not have all your shit together, but I'm pretty sure you've got some shit together. Even I've got some.

That's why I put this in the Whine thread. It just seems like everyone one I know is married or getting married, having kids and are doing at least decently well with their jobs.
Meanwhile, I can't seem to get ANY of my shit together. And I can't blame anyone but myself for that.
Part that you have to remember, and it's important to remember, you are seeing the "finalized" public portrayal with most people. You're not seeing the wrinkles, warts and arguments that even the most "with it" and seemingly got it all together people have. Don't try to compare yourself to what they are showing you, because you see ALL your own faults, and faults that you think you have that nobody else sees. We are our own worst critics, and we can be very harsh and unforgiving with our criticism, simply because we know our own thoughts.

I've been married for almost 25 years, I've had people say stuff like "You two just have it all right, you don't argue, you have a great kid (she's 19) and we just don't know how you do it." We honestly tell them, we've had our rough spots, we know what it's like to not have any money, we've had arguments (bad ones) and fights, but through it all we've kept our faith in God and each other. We do take seriously the "Til death do you part" line of our wedding vows, we do get on each others nerves at times (even now) but we've come to understand that we will have to work our way through whatever is happening. It's not easy. One of the things that we discussed, and agreed upon, was that we wouldn't have arguments (I'm talking the between us stuff here, not that I think that "Space Mountain" is a better ride than "it's a small world") in public. It's between us, not for everyone else to see us hash something out. We've taken ourselves through some bad times, because we made bad choices, but don't look too bad now because we learned from those choices and made ourselves better. Communication is the key, you don't have to knock it all out before bedtime (or when being woken up at 2am because your wife had a dream that you did something in....) but having talks about stuff is much better than trying to come to terms with each other on the public stage for everyone to watch and make up their own rumors about you.

Says the guy who just got back from Disneyland with his stunningly beautiful girlfriend.

I can't fault you for wanting a stable career and marriage, I want those things too, and I'm not about to tell you that you have to be happy because you're closer to having that than I am, but I was really envious of you seeing those pics of your trip. You may not have all your shit together, but I'm pretty sure you've got some shit together. Even I've got some.

Problem is that we're not really a couple. This trip was kind of our last romantic hurrah, which we had already planned before we stopped being a couple. It kind of just hit me when we got back that now we're definitely just friends. Maybe that's what started my depressive self reflection.

It's hot enough here that we accidentally overheated our cable modem, leading to an hour long downtime while it cooled off before resetting it would allow it to connect again. Of course, it didn't help that our cats had, sometime in the recent days, knocked the modem off the table it's sitting on and into a pile of blankets. Still, we're far enough from Issaquah that their using too much AC and blowing a substation only produced a few solid blinks for us.

Dangit , Kroger, WHY U NO GIVE FUEL POINTS FOR BOOZE PURCHASES?
I know this is a rhetorical question, but I'm sure that the reason is that someone, somewhere in the chain of command for fuel points, was concerned that that would be seen as condoning drinking and driving.

figmentPez

Staff member
I know this is a rhetorical question, but I'm sure that the reason is that someone, somewhere in the chain of command for fuel points, was concerned that that would be seen as condoning drinking and driving.
Considering that, depending on the state, they also don't count tobacco, lottery tickets, and some types of dairy purchases, I imagine it's a legal restriction from providing rewards programs on certain types of goods and/or services.