Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

fade

Staff member
The only way to really keep them away is with a mystical mantra.

"Goo d'nite doh t'lit th' bedbugz bight*"

*translated from Swahili

I found the first deer tick of the year crawling on me. At least it's finally warm enough for them to come out though!

Cajungal

Staff member
Based on one report of one -yes, singular- bed bug sighting, from one unit over a week ago, and no other reports, my building has gone to

DEFCON MOTHERFUCKING FIVE

and is spraying every suite in the building today with pesticides. It took me forever to get prepped, and I'm gonna have to be up half the night doing laundry. I got to work late, I'm tired and cranky. But I guess it beats having bedbugs.
Might wanna lay some of this around your bed: http://www.richsoil.com/diatomaceous-earth.jsp

That's what I did when I brought a few home from the UK, and it really helped.

I cannot explain this particular part of my job well enough for anyone to possibly appreciate what I am about to bitch about, I just need to announce the following:

I really, really, really hate entering pre-emptions.

I went to Costco hungry today and bought almost everything I sampled including seafood salad and cheese stuffed sausages.

Maybe this should be in Epic Win.

GasBandit

Staff member
I got a rip in the pocket of the hawaiian shirt I was wearing today. Dropped it off at my tailor's at lunch, had to come back to work without it, just the black T-shirt I had on under it.

I feel naked.

GasBandit

Staff member
If my shirt ever tore id be shirtless.
I almost always wear two shirts, no matter what kind of shirt the outer shirt is, I've got a T-shirt underneath it, usually black. I find it helps keep me cooler, actually, to have a dark shirt against my skin but a light-colored shirt on over it.

I just gave up my sweet custom CSS job on Dangerously Low On Grog because, since returning, I have discovered that many of the share links (which to the best of my knowledge, no one has ever used anyway) were broken. I am reduced to a slightly modified default Blogger theme. As a certified geek, there is shame in this.

On the bright side, the custom layout lives in in my twitter feed.

Biking today, and right when I was in less than a half hour's biking distance from home...my chain tangled on my pettle when I changed the gears. Fucking gears.

Also, few things suck more than setting your alarm whilst you've still got a couple hours left to go... and having it tell you that the alarm is set to go off in just over 5 hours.

This fucker better not try and weasel out of court again. I will personally nail his balls to the floor of the courtroom if he tries.

Threw out my favorite headphones. The band had been broken for a long time and I've repaired with duct tape again and again, but this week I had to fix it three times. It's over. I tossed them.

Now I'm using the other set my wife got me for Christmas ... and I hate them. They feel like a leather car seat wrapped around my ears and make a really annoying squeagy sound if I'm chewing while wearing them. They're fine for wearing to bed, but while I'm at my computer or playing my 3DS--no. And I wasted my spending money pre-ordering video games, so it's going to be a while before I can get a new set.

GasBandit

Staff member
GAH freakin lazy/sleazy salespeople and c-list prima donna DJs and their personality conflicts just GET THE DAMN WORK DONE.

Cajungal

Staff member
I need to sleep tonight...

I always go to bed early, around 9 or 9:30, because I have to get up at 5:45 or so. Jake has been waiting until I get up for a bathroom break to come to bed, because he thinks it will disturb me less. It's actually worse, because I have to try and settle in while he's settling in, and he tosses when he first goes to sleep.

Last night, he came to bed with me at 3 am, and I did not get all the way back to sleep once. I dozed a few times, but that's it. I feel like he thinks he's in "trouble" or something for being up, but he doesn't have to wake up early, so I don't care. I've told him that it's better for him to try and come to bed when I'm already asleep, because I tend not to stir much then. I don't know if he doesn't believe me or what, but he has been waiting until he hears me get up almost every night. So tired...

I think he might benefit from more sleep, anyway. He would sleep all day on weekends if my blender or music didn't wake him. Doesn't that indicate some kind of sleep deficit?

I love our pets. I really do. But with this whole "not working" thing and being home all the time, they're starting to drive me up a wall. The two cats are getting clingy as hell, to the point that it seems like we have far more than just two of them, and the bird just won't shut up anymore. It was one thing when I was sitting around bored all day, trying to figure out something to do, and snuggling with the kittens could eat up an hour or more of my day; but I'm actually attempting to work on something that requires, if not my full attention, then at least a decent amount of concentration - as well as several books and a notebook, and occasionally my computer for research. It's driving me up a frickin' wall!