Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Some songs will be 'album only'
I think any song that is over a certain length automatically becomes "album only." Also there are songs which the artist (or their agent) negotiates to be designated as album-only. "Welcome to the Jungle," I'm looking at you!

--Patrick

I'm tired of hearing about Medifast and Paleo diets in the break room. Sure maybe I wasn't meant to eat cheese, but it's delicious, so I'm gonna. I'm not gonna stop eating beans either, you nutcases. I watch what I eat too, but I don't bore my coworkers with the details... that's what Halfitness is for... :oops:
People always talk about what we 'used' to eat, but we also used to live to, like, 32. Fuck you, I'm eating this cheese.

I'm tired of hearing about Medifast and Paleo diets in the break room. Sure maybe I wasn't meant to eat cheese, but it's delicious, so I'm gonna. I'm not gonna stop eating beans either, you nutcases. I watch what I eat too, but I don't bore my coworkers with the details... that's what Halfitness is for... :oops:
I avoid my school's break room like the plague. Nothing but a bunch of chittering nitwits in there, talking about the same insipid bullshit that I'm sure you hear as well.

I avoid my school's break room like the plague. Nothing but a bunch of chittering nitwits in there, talking about the same insipid bullshit that I'm sure you hear as well.
For most of the time that I taught, I was a floater. Meaning that I did not have my own room. So I was basically forced into Teachers' Lounges through my career.

Cajungal

Staff member
It's generally a nice place to be, but the diet talk I can do without. Since it's my policy not to cut out anything I'm not willing to cut out for life, all the "suggestions" about gimmick diets annoy me. I like our Music teacher's stance. When they start to monopolize the conversation, she clears her throat and says, "Well, no one lives forever." And she's the fittest one there--a marathon runner![DOUBLEPOST=1361921559][/DOUBLEPOST]
South Bronx Paradise, baby!

Medifast is almost just as sad... all that dry, prepackaged food. I can't imagine having that little control over my meals.

I can not wait for my door to be fixed, it doesn't close properly and the rush of cold air bugs the shit out of my parents! Doesn't bother me, but I'm generation Y so I'm required to wear a hoody every day, but still I get why it bugs them.

GasBandit

Staff member
Medifast is almost just as sad... all that dry, prepackaged food. I can't imagine having that little control over my meals.
I'll tell you how I lost 75 pounds in 1 year... Nutrimed 420. You have to get it through a doctor, and you have to go in for weekly group meetings and get bloodwork done once every month to make sure you're not digesting your internal organs or something... but basically it's prescription strength Ultra Slimfast with NO "sensible dinner" at the end of the day.. just more shakes. 5 a day total. For the first couple months anyway. Then you switch to 3 shakes a day and a no/low carb, no sugar meal, and continue until you lose enough weight. It worked because the shakes were super-protien and vitamin fortified, but each had a whopping 80 calories. Worked real well.

However, once I got OFF that diet...

(resigned shrug)

GasBandit

Staff member
I thought diets were supposed to remove the munchies.
You joke, but actually, you do have the munchies on that diet. In fact, you're RAVENOUS. But you're able to keep it under control... so long as you never smell or see food. I literally had to be elsewhere when people were cooking/eating for a whole year. Because while I was seemingly normal under other circumstances, the smell of food turned me into a were-langolier.

Winter is (at least for now) officially over for us, and the most "exciting" weather we got was 6 straight days where it was constantly foggy. I miss winter storms that actually bring storm-like conditions.

The geniuses over at Capital One really need to update their computer systems. I checked the balance on my credit card with them today, and they'd restricted the card so that I couldn't use it, because a payment I made in December bounced. Nevermind the fact that as soon as the payment bounced I re-made the payment (it was an issue with my bank account because a resort I stayed at completely fucked up the bill when I left), or the fact that I'd used the card somewhere on the order to 20 to 30 times since then, or the fact that I paid the balance down to zero when I got my tax refund, or the fact that I made an additional (non-required) payment on the 23rd of this month to bring the balance back down to zero after using the card on PayPal earlier this month.

I'm likely to lose my job if I have another absence anytime soon since I'm on contract, so I'll have to cancel my Toronto plans next week which involved me calling in sick.

Waaaah my job wants me to show up to work every day. :)

I've been taking a lot of days off without pay lately because my youngest son keeps getting sick and of course this has to happen on the worst days (my project has deadlines, my wife has practicum for her masters program that day, etc).

Freaking sucks. At least my boss is understanding though... sounds like some of you guys have some real jerks to answer to.

And now first-world problems time. Atention Amazon, fuck you. Why the fuck can't I get flash-player on my mom's Kindle? Shes going on a damn trip and wants to watch stuff damn it! And what the fuck is a parse error? WHAT THE FUCK IS A PARSE ERROR?! And end first-world problems time.

And now first-world problems time. Atention Amazon, fuck you. Why the fuck can't I get flash-player on my mom's Kindle? Shes going on a damn trip and wants to watch stuff damn it! And what the fuck is a parse error? WHAT THE FUCK IS A PARSE ERROR?! And end first-world problems time.
It's the same reason you can't get Flash on iOS. Flash is owned by Adobe, so as soon as Adobe makes a version of Flash that Amazon/Apple/et al will approve on their jealously-guarded devices, then it will be there.

The real test will be whether or not there will be Flash for Surface.

--Patrick

Fuckin' ridiculous, you need flash-player to do basically every thing on line!
Only, you really don't anymore. Or you wouldn't if people would stop developing things for Flash and start developing for HTML5. Apple and Amazon are staying away from Flash because it has a bad reputation for vulnerabilities and exploits, and because the near-continual updating is insane.

GasBandit

Staff member
Much as I railed against android ceasing flash support last year, I have to admit there was a good reason. There's been few delivery systems for malware as easy and effective as flash, and by this point I think if it wasn't for photoshop adobe would have imploded.

Man, I got shit for taking off one day, and the only reason I took off was I was literally too sick to stand.
I was part of a small team a while back, pretty much none of us could miss work or the job would practically be unmanageable. Still others would call in -sick- on Saturdays yet never get much flak.

One Saturday morning I had woken up with a pretty bad case of food poisoning from a late night meal before, I literally could not stop vomiting every 5 minutes. I tried to call in but they pretty much told me to come in or lose my job. So I said -Fuck it- and had my wife drop me off.

My position had to deal with customers directly and multiple times I loudly excused myself within earshot of the manager that made me come in to work, then within the same earshot (but out of sight) of the customers and manager, I would vomit violently into a small trashcan. They still made me work the whole day. I quit the next morning.

I had a biatch of a time with another message board that I frequent. They did a switch (finally) to the latest version of IPB software. Unfortunately, somewhere in the process, my login got borked - and there really isn't any other term for it - and I essentially had to re-register and start from scratch.

I had over 12,000 posts, some of them going all the way back to 2002. It was more frustrating than anything.

Of course, there was also the little incident this AM with me getting locked out of my apartment briefly. Oh, and one of our kitchen chairs decided to choose today to have the back part come off the seat part.

I deserved the #### Shamrock Shake.

I had a biatch of a time with another message board that I frequent. They did a switch (finally) to the latest version of IPB software. Unfortunately, somewhere in the process, my login got borked - and there really isn't any other term for it - and I essentially had to re-register and start from scratch.

I had over 12,000 posts, some of them going all the way back to 2002. It was more frustrating than anything.

Of course, there was also the little incident this AM with me getting locked out of my apartment briefly. Oh, and one of our kitchen chairs decided to choose today to have the back part come off the seat part.

I deserved the #### Shamrock Shake.
I've tried three times now to get a fuckin' Shamrock Shake, all three times after the switch to lunch, split between two different locations (both of which are advertising that they have the damn thing), and at different times of the day/evening, and each time I've been told "Oh, that's not available right now," or "Oh, our shake machine is broken." I want a damn Shamrock Shake!

But those things that happened to you all suck.

I was part of a small team a while back, pretty much none of us could miss work or the job would practically be unmanageable. Still others would call in -sick- on Saturdays yet never get much flak.

One Saturday morning I had woken up with a pretty bad case of food poisoning from a late night meal before, I literally could not stop vomiting every 5 minutes. I tried to call in but they pretty much told me to come in or lose my job. So I said -Fuck it- and had my wife drop me off.

My position had to deal with customers directly and multiple times I loudly excused myself within earshot of the manager that made me come in to work, then within the same earshot (but out of sight) of the customers and manager, I would vomit violently into a small trashcan. They still made me work the whole day. I quit the next morning.
Should've reported them to the health department. That's one of the Big 5 that means you CANNOT work without a doctor's release.

Remember that tooth I had crowned a couple years ago? Y'know, the one where it took me almost 18months to pay off the bill? Well, it cracked and got infected down deep underneath (the kind of infection that isn't the result of poor oral hygiene) and today I had to pay to have it out. FMWallet.

--Patrick