Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Zappit

Staff member
Well, apparently I've developed iPad shoulder, a stress injury caused by prolonged poor posture due to holding an iPad and hunching over to see it. My shoulder has been hurting for a week now. I originally thought I strained it shoveling snow during that two-footer snowstorm, but it didn't get better. I finally put two and two together, Googled the term iPad shoulder, and found out its a thing. I gotta work on my ergonomics.

Well, apparently I've developed iPad shoulder, a stress injury caused by prolonged poor posture due to holding an iPad and hunching over to see it. My shoulder has been hurting for a week now. I originally thought I strained it shoveling snow during that two-footer snowstorm, but it didn't get better. I finally put two and two together, Googled the term iPad shoulder, and found out its a thing. I gotta work on my ergonomics.
I feel your pain man, I frequently get iPhone neck, from staring down at my phone.

Not sure if this counts as whining but, the only GBA game of mine that I can always find is "Spyro Season of Ice" a.k.a. one of the worst in the franchise, and one of my younger selve's most begrudged purchases. Am I cursed? I know I bought GOOD GBA games that I didn't sell, so where are they? I'm going with cursed.

Not sure if this counts as whining but, the only GBA game of mine that I can always find is "Spyro Season of Ice" a.k.a. one of the worst in the franchise, and one of my younger selve's most begrudged purchases. Am I cursed? I know I bought GOOD GBA games that I didn't sell, so where are they? I'm going with cursed.
Same here. I know have Link to the Past, Golden Sun ... but all I can find of my GBA games is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance AKA hardly FFT at all.

figmentPez

Staff member
I've bought Psychonauts... 3 times now. Once each on GOG, Steam and part of a Humble Bundle. That's not counting the copy I gave away when I got it as part of a Bundle from Amazon.

Neat! I wish that game did better in sales, than we would've gotten a cool sequel! What is it with Tim Schaefer's awesome games that could totally have sequels, not having sequels? It confounds this man-child.

Urg.Fell in love with my best friend.It is so weird.For 2 years nothing and then I see her in a baggy tshirt and an old baseball cap and my heart is all like "Dude,you now have feelings for her,deal with it."

It's okay. I like my steak well done.

Stupid iTunes and Amazon--why do I have to buy the whole crappy album if I just want one mp3? Get with the times!

Was at the comic shop with a buddy of mine, recommended him a book I've read by the tune of Invincible number 1. I'm not saying I hate it, but there is one FUCKING piece of dialogue from that book that bugs me.

"Your calling him on your cell-phone?"

"Ya, no wrist-watch communicator you know?"

And I get its supposed to be a joke but...why couldn't she have one? She lives in a world with aliens ,robots and mutants, yet a wrist-communicator THAT is drawing the line in terms of realism. This is the same story that had teenagers being made into human BOMBS yet the writer of this story felt that something like a wrist-watch communicator was silly. Hell they have a freakin' genius robot on the team, why couldn't they get him to make them some? Its actually unrealistic that she WOULDN'T have one of these things!

Other than that an okay book, but that line will always bug me.

I hate pirating. Really, I do. But when I come across something that cannot be obtained through legal means or requires an inordinate amount of extra crap at full price, well... let's just say I find a way to get what I want and still sleep at night. I'll jump through some hoops, but if they're going to be unreasonable I'm not going to play along.

GasBandit

Staff member
I view piracy the same as speeding - everybody does it, you only get busted if you do it stupidly, and the persecution of it is really more about revenue generation than any actual benefit to humanity.

fade

Staff member
I view piracy the same as speeding - everybody does it, you only get busted if you do it stupidly, and the persecution of it is really more about revenue generation than any actual benefit to humanity.
You really want to drive on 610 with no speed limit? I know you said prosecution, but this is Houston. I'm pretty sure if they put up a sign here that said "recommended 65", the rest of us would be spinning out in the blood of the stupid and their victims.

Again, married to a TX cop here. There's no quota. Traffic is actually secondary to their other duties. Most of the cops I know let most of us go right by. They even have an unofficial 8 MPH rule, meaning they don't even think about pulling you over unless you're 8 over, and then really if you're a danger. I can't speak for every department, but I can say the 8 MPH rule was discussed in the state academy.

I am always astonished when I see someone pulled over on the freeways of Houston. God knows how fast you have to drive just to keep up with traffic... but for every time I end up doing 10 over the speed limit, there is somebody passing you going 30 miles an hour faster.

GasBandit

Staff member
You really want to drive on 610 with no speed limit? I know you said prosecution, but this is Houston. I'm pretty sure if they put up a sign here that said "recommended 65", the rest of us would be spinning out in the blood of the stupid and their victims.

Again, married to a TX cop here. There's no quota. Traffic is actually secondary to their other duties. Most of the cops I know let most of us go right by. They even have an unofficial 8 MPH rule, meaning they don't even think about pulling you over unless you're 8 over, and then really if you're a danger. I can't speak for every department, but I can say the 8 MPH rule was discussed in the state academy.
Actually I said persecution, not prosecution, and said so deliberately. And I was thinking more of the deputy dawgs out here in the sticks with me hiding behind billboards to generate revenue so they can build a new courthouse.

I've never seen a cop pull somebody over on that busy stretch of I-35 in Dallas where just about everybody pushes 90 - because I'm pretty sure the disruption would cause massive traffic jams, if not accidents.

Houston drivers can die in hell though :p

Wait, no no no. I'm not confused about the existence of the two-way TV, I'm confused why Atom Eve wouldn't have one in her universe that would logically have them. I guess Kirkman was going for a "realistic" deal, but Invincible is NOT a realistic universe! There's superheros , and monsters and shit! You can't say all of that is realistic, but this ONE sci-fi item- THAT IS CROSSING THE LINE! At least thats just me.

Cajungal

Staff member
I'm tired of hearing about Medifast and Paleo diets in the break room. Sure maybe I wasn't meant to eat cheese, but it's delicious, so I'm gonna. I'm not gonna stop eating beans either, you nutcases. I watch what I eat too, but I don't bore my coworkers with the details... that's what Halfitness is for... :oops: