Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

figmentPez

Staff member
Sometimes I just don't understand women. Yesterday a gal on follow was ranting about how awful it is that guys are drooling over the SI swimsuit issue and objectifying women, and how she finds most guys disgusting. A couple weeks ago she posted pics of Marilyn Monroe from a Playboy shot to her Tumblr. Hypocritical much?

I'm just going to warn you right now. You will most likely never understand. Just..be aware of that. ;) (Nate and I have been together for 8 years and he still tells me he doesn't get me. And I don't think I'm even that confusing of a woman, compared to some others.)

There is probably more underlying feelings besides just being hypocritical, I mean, she just sounds insecure to me. She sounds upset because no guy fawns over her. I could be wrong, I don't know her, she may happily have a boyfriend. But, I've seen it be a common factor for women before.

Also, yes, I'm aware of Marilyn's size. Thanks. :)

I'm just going to warn you right now. You will most likely never understand. Just..be aware of that. ;) (Nate and I have been together for 8 years and he still tells me he doesn't get me. And I don't think I'm even that confusing of a woman, compared to some others.)
women and strange and beautiful creatures, something as a man I will never understand nor do I wish to try. I know full well that I should never trespass into their midst and thus am happily single and not causing anyone of the opposite sex any trouble.

women and strange and beautiful creatures, something as a man I will never understand nor do I wish to try. I know full well that I should never trespass into their midst and thus am happily single and not causing anyone of the opposite sex any trouble.
I'm an old bachelor and I still try to cause all the trouble I can.

figmentPez

Staff member
There is probably more underlying feelings besides just being hypocritical, I mean, she just sounds insecure to me. She sounds upset because no guy fawns over her. I could be wrong, I don't know her, she may happily have a boyfriend. But, I've seen it be a common factor for women before.

Also, yes, I'm aware of Marilyn's size. Thanks. :)
She does not have a BF, and is in fact pining over her ex to a ridiculous degree. However, she also gets tons of guys fawning over her and telling her how pretty she is, to the point that she's bothered by the attention. At the same time she is insecure and and worries about not being thin enough. I get why she's upset about guys she knows personally being pigs in front of her but she also reblogs enough artistic nudes and fashion photos that she really should not be saying anything about objectifying women.

I always just feel so bad for girls who are insecure, for one reason or another. I think it's because I was there, I mean, for most of my life I've been there and it SUCKS so much. But now that I've figured things out I want so badly for everyone else to be able to figure it out too. :(

Hopefully she will see how hypocritical she's being because that's just silly to say those things and then act that way.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've had a cold for a couple weeks now. I've been able to keep it mostly under control... but I think I'm building up a tolerance to sudafed now... because 12 hour sudafed is taking longer and longer to start working (like, 2 hours) and is cutting out about 4 hours early.

Those are reasons for her hypocracy, yet still being a hypocrit is the end result. Women aren't as confusing as they'd like most guys to believe, they're just as -simple- as they claim men to be.

Truth be told both sexes are guilty of claiming to have problems, excuse my quoting of Yahtzee, as vast as the ocean but are about as deep as a puddle when it comes to having unexplainable/mysterious/hard to understand -issues-

GasBandit

Staff member
I dunno what's with me today. Maybe it's the cold, but I can't be arsed to correct other people dickishly like I usually do... people use the wrong word, and I know I should reply with just an asterisk and the right word, but... I just let it go by.

Maybe I need to go home, I must really be sick.

Hey, I'm with ya there Gil, I don't think women are confusing. I think why we do the things we do is the confusing part because no one does something for the same reason in general.

You're talking to me like I'm not on your side. Or as if I said she should continue being a hypocrite. I was just stating the 'why' from what I see.

Hey, I'm with ya there Gil, I don't think women are confusing. I think why we do the things we do is the confusing part because no one does something for the same reason in general.

You're talking to me like I'm not on your side. Or as if I said she should continue being a hypocrite. I was just stating the 'why' from what I see.
I was responding to this:
You will most likely never understand. Just..be aware of that. ;) (Nate and I have been together for 8 years and he still tells me he doesn't get me. And I don't think I'm even that confusing of a woman, compared to some others.)

Cajungal

Staff member
Parents need to understand that there's a reason why we're teachers and you're not. There are plenty of ways to enrich your child without turning them into a snotty, know-it-all parrot of yourself. You think your kid is intelligent... really they can just remember what you say, including your criticisms of how I do my job. If you're too impatient to stand back and let your kid ask questions and discover, then take a fuckin' day off. Let them do their homework on their own. I can tell when you've put words in their mouth.

And furthermore, a good school is NOT all about letting a child run free and only work on what they find interesting. They need to accept the reality of life: not everything you do is pleasant; not everything you do is incredibly fun. A lot of it will be, but learning is WORK, especially when you're asking for more independence. You're using "differentiate" wrong. It doesn't mean writing 15 separate lesson plans for each child.

God, I need more hands-off parents in my life.

I'm going to a wedding in three days and just found out the shirts I bought at the outlet are too small for me. Just barely too. Like, I could wear them but I might look silly as hell. And it really wouldn't be a huge deal to just get a proper one that fits. I got the three shirts and a tie for like 40 bucks so it's not a huge loss. Just annoying to think I have "last minute" shopping to do tonight.

fade

Staff member
I'm going to a wedding in three days and just found out the shirts I bought at the outlet are too small for me. Just barely too. Like, I could wear them but I might look silly as hell. And it really wouldn't be a huge deal to just get a proper one that fits. I got the three shirts and a tie for like 40 bucks so it's not a huge loss. Just annoying to think I have "last minute" shopping to do tonight.
Go anyway, and then when they ask if anyone objects, yell out, "Don't make me angry--you wouldn't like me when I'm angry", and then pretend to turn into the Hulk by flexing until the shirt rips.

Actual question: are all/most white dress shirts semi-translucent? Are all dress shirts semi-translucent and just less obvious because they aren't white? Should I seriously consider buying a wifebeater?

Buy a pack of actual T shirt under shirts. Wife beaters offer no protection against sweat. This way you can hide your nips and not soak your shirt.

Thanks homies. I'll pick up some undershirts at Walmart tomorrow.

After getting a second opinion, the size seems fine on me too. It's a little tight around the neck but nothing constricting or irritating, and I'll probably undo the top button right after the ceremony anyway. :)

My best friend is moving from Pennsylvania to Florida. I'm sad about it even though I am all the way over here in Hawaii. Last time she moved away from PA she and I lost contact for a few years. :/

The crazy part about that was the toe the lady "found", was that of her husband. She stole her husband's toe to scam Wendys. I am not if I should be disgusted, or impressed with how far she'd go to scam someone!

The crazy part about that was the toe the lady "found", was that of her husband. She stole her husband's toe to scam Wendys. I am not if I should be disgusted, or impressed with how far she'd go to scam someone!
It was worse, her husband stole the finger from a coworker that had it chopped off at their job site. The guy that lost it could have had it reattached. But no, that couple wanted some free money instead.

Man, some fucking people. If your gonna scam someone with a chopped off finger, make sure its one of your own! That is the moral thing to do after all.