Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

GasBandit

Staff member
My dark secret is I always confuse Fleetwood Mac's "Sara" for Jefferson Starship's "Sara," even though they sound nothing alike.

Dave

Staff member
You have no idea how much I wanted to abuse my Admin powers and stealth edit your post to say "Sorry to interrupt Emrys being wrong..."

I think we just have to forgive @Dave for his terrible taste in music. After all, if Gregorian chants are Too Modern and Poppy, and anything with strings is "new-fangled "instruments not like those rocks and hollow logs from your youth", you can be forgiven for not having the best musical ear.

I just can't stand Stevie Nicks' whiny, nasally voice.
Lucky for you, at least two of the other people sing, too.

And still one of my favorite stories from my youth was a local radio station morning show playing a game they called, “Goat, Sheep, or Stevie Nicks?” With a choice of three clips: one of Fleetwood Mac and one each of music mixed with goat or sheep bleats and you had to pick the one with Nicks.

...and the first TWO callers got it wrong.

—Patrick

The ONLY Fleetwood Mac song I have ever heard is The Great Manalishi (With the Two-Pronged Crown)

By Judas Priest.

I'm not sure it counts.

Dave

Staff member
Every song remade by someone other than Fleetwood Mac doing Fleetwood Mac songs do it better. Also see Santana's version of "Black Magic Woman". Great songwriters, I just don't like them performing the songs.

Not to say that Dave is wrong or anything (taste is subjective, after all) but here's Fleetwood Mac performing as they're getting inducted into the motherfucking Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

You know, just sayin...

Every song remade by someone other than Fleetwood Mac doing Fleetwood Mac songs do it better. Also see Santana's version of "Black Magic Woman". Great songwriters, I just don't like them performing the songs.
Well, I can no longer stand by my original statement. I had no idea this was a cover.