Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Dave

Staff member
Sitting in a hotel in Sioux City, Iowa right now. For those who don’t watch my Twitch stream, my biological mother’s husband died Monday. It’s weird because I knew him but not well. They’ve been married for only two years and he’s got this whole other family with his first wife. They wanted me to come for the family only visitation but I felt weird about it. Luckily Omaha had a winter weather advisory today so that was my excuse to not go.

Bad part is he was the one selling me his truck and now I don’t think that’s going to happen. Not going to bring it up, though.
Turns out we are still going to get the truck. There were other family members that came out of the woodwork to ask about it. Kerri and I said nothing. When it was finally brought up, we let them know that whatever they chose was fine with us.

After a week off, and traveling all day yesterday, I *really* don't wanna go to work today.

Plus, I was on planes all day yesterday. I didn't get to take advantage of that sweet free Veterans Day food all the restaurants were doling out :(

Dave

Staff member
After a week off, and traveling all day yesterday, I *really* don't wanna go to work today.

Plus, I was on planes all day yesterday. I didn't get to take advantage of that sweet free Veterans Day food all the restaurants were doling out :(
Dude I feel you. I was gone all weekend. I got back home yesterday and just collapsed. I am so tired today.

I had the day off work yesterday, but they scheduled a meeting for that day which means that I only had to go into work for four hours instead of the usual 11. While I was out, I got a list of errands texted to me which added a couple extra hours, meaning I left for work at nine and then didn’t get home until just after three.

...which was a good thing, because I needed to get MY chores done before dusk, and that left me around 2-1/2 hours to do them before our son’s birthday party (observed*) began. What did he ask for? To have me shave his head. Not buzz it, shave it. “It’ll be so cool!” He said. Kid, it’s 30F/-1C out, you have absolutely no idea just HOW cool the coolness you are about to experience is gonna be. But you is certainly ‘bout to find out.

—Patrick
*we scheduled the party itself for Sun instead of his actual b’day because I had it off work and so would therefore be able to attend.

I had the day off work yesterday, but they scheduled a meeting for that day which means that I only had to go into work for four hours instead of the usual 11. While I was out, I got a list of errands texted to me which added a couple extra hours, meaning I left for work at nine and then didn’t get home until just after three.

...which was a good thing, because I needed to get MY chores done before dusk, and that left me around 2-1/2 hours to do them before our son’s birthday party (observed*) began. What did he ask for? To have me shave his head. Not buzz it, shave it. “It’ll be so cool!” He said. Kid, it’s 30F/-1C out, you have absolutely no idea just HOW cool the coolness you are about to experience is gonna be. But you is certainly ‘bout to find out.

—Patrick
*we scheduled the party itself for Sun instead of his actual b’day because I had it off work and so would therefore be able to attend.
Piffle, a shaven head can be nice and warm. It's just a matter of finding a cap that doesn't slide off if you're like me and shave real close :D

Piffle, a shaven head can be nice and warm. It's just a matter of finding a cap that doesn't slide off if you're like me and shave real close :D
He had me take him down to bare scalp. He says he looks like Baldi, but I keep telling him he looks like Powder. Except that he has no idea who Powder is. I guess that means we will need to watch the movie together since I’ve never actually seen it.

—Patrick

Cold is in day three stage, which means not well enough to be really able to enjoy my day off, but not sick enough to just be in bed for the entire day.

Whine retracted. Denny's was doing veterans day food until noon today. Grand Slam, get in mah belly.

Dave

Staff member
I got free lunch today at my school. I didn't even have to show my proof. Which is good because then I didn't have to show them this:

2018-09-02 17.24.18.jpg

Dave

Staff member
I don't even know where my DD is. I'd have to send off for it and I don't care that much. It pisses my wife off because when I die I don't want a military funeral or anything like that. I was only in a few years and I don't deserve one.

I don't even know where my DD is. I'd have to send off for it and I don't care that much. It pisses my wife off because when I die I don't want a military funeral or anything like that. I was only in a few years and I don't deserve one.
I've kept mine..in the original envelope they sent it home in.

Funny, the first few years out of the military, every employer wanted to see my dd-214 to prove I got an honorable discharge (i guess). Now, nobody asks about it.

Dave

Staff member
You won't show it to the person who is paid to be polite to you but you come here and show it to the people who will ridicule you for free?
When you guys do it I know you are joking around. When a stranger does it it's usually more honest yet hurtful.

My voice is starting to go and I have to give a seven minute speech in French tonight. Awesome.

I’m going to discuss astrophotography. As much as I can in seven minutes.

"Hey, I have some Amazon credit, let's replace the old kitchen scale that drains batteries faster than we can use it and get a second like we've always talked about doing because it's annoying to have to share it when we make up the dog's food."

"Sure, sounds good."

Amazon stuff arrives

"Hey, the new scales are here, I'm gonna throw out this old one."

"No! I'll keep it for other things."

"Uh what? Use one of the two brand new ones we just bought. I'm throwing this out, I'm not keeping a half functioning scale around when there are two new ones that work..."

And yet it still remains. I didn't pay for it so I'm not gonna throw it away but I'm really questioning the logic here.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
A new Kolache joint opened up literally 2 doors down from where I work. I love sausage kolaches. But I can't eat them any more after the surgery :(

Last edited:
Went home early from work today because it seems I may have slightly hyperextended my right knee yesterday. Was only a bit sore last night, but this morning as I started walking at work it started to hurt more. Hoping a day off of my feet is all that's needed.

A new Kolache joint opened up literally 2 doors down from where I work. I love sausage kolaches. But I can't eat them any more after the surgery :(
Buy one. Take it home, cut it into bite-size pieces that won't overtax your stomach, put them in freezer bags and save them in your freezer. Then, when you want one, you pull it out, nuke it for a few seconds, and enjoy. Lasts longer that way.