Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Well, it's a liquid capsule, but I generally take two a day, so taking just one might be a good idea.
Bad habit to form. Not dangerous now, but it might stick and you're likely to be taking more serious shit when you're older and "set in your ways". I got a pill scheduler when I was in college (for my vitamins), still use it to this day. It's a really good and cheap investment.

The chip in my credit card died somehow. I haven't even had this one a year yet. Now I have to get it replaced because I can't just swipe it because security.

GasBandit

Staff member
The chip in my credit card died somehow. I haven't even had this one a year yet. Now I have to get it replaced because I can't just swipe it because security.
Man, they used to joke about wives who "wear the numbers off the credit card" back when they were just a pressure stencil for a carbon, but sheesh.

Man, they used to joke about wives who "wear the numbers off the credit card" back when they were just a pressure stencil for a carbon, but sheesh.
I somehow doubt that's the problem, as the last one I had made it to the expiration date just fine. :p

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I know we have several parents of autistic children here, but I have to say this: if what you all go through is anything like the 45 minutes of near hell that I had to go through this afternoon... you should be given automatic sainthood.

GasBandit

Staff member
I got a big ol cavity, the dentist tells me.

But my blood pressure is 118 over 61, with a 65 bpm resting heart rate. So I got that going for me.

GasBandit

Staff member
And I never get cavities in the easy places, either. This one's on the back side of the left mandibular 2nd molar, down low. They're gonna have to drill the shit all the way down from the top to get to it. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, and last time I couldn't chew on that side of my mouth for almost 6 months >_<

My hot female supervisor back in Taiwan is leaving the company, so she won't be there when I return next year.

Boo.

Though I suppose I should be grateful she lasted this long at all, given what usually happens when I find a coworker hot.

We always have problems trying that Gaby gets to school on time. She doesn't wan't to get up, then doesn't want to get dressed, and then she won't eat her breakfast. Everyday is the same. Today I lost my patience and I screamed at her how tired I am of her attitude. Today I also realized that my raised voice sounds very much like my mother's. That was depressing.

I took my son to the doctor today and I saw the doctor as well. My son has been sick all week and it’s viral. The doctor said that the virus going around also has very specific hives. My son has these all over.

When I took my jacket off so the doctor could look at my neck, he found the same hives on my arms. Yay! I have the virus too.

My neck is injured. My doctor thinks I have whiplash and that something is out of alignment.

Bleh.

GasBandit

Staff member
The prospect of this new job has me antsy. I'm worried that I might have goofed the phone interview. I might have been too vague about my IT-related responsibilities at my current job, and I worry I came off as "faking it." I also had a brain fart and spaced on the word "provisioning" when trying to describe things I have set up. There were a couple questions he asked me twice, as if he didn't get the answer he was looking for.

I mean, it's not the end of the world if I don't get this job, as I still am employed here (for the time being), but it's still stressful. The guy interviewing/hiring is the owner of the small business, and a friend of a friend, who my friend describes as a "really good guy" so he sounds like someone I could like working for.

I guess everybody gets jittery between first and second interviews. It's just that I've applied for a couple dozen jobs over the last couple weeks, and this is the first response I've gotten.

I've applied for a couple dozen jobs over the last couple weeks, and this is the first response I've gotten.
If we were still calculating the unemployment rate by 2007's LFP rate, unemployment rate would be closer to 9-10%. Which explains why employers feel secure enough to fuck over their employees progressively more and more as time wears on, and why job hunting is still so excruciating.
I hear ya.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
My awful mouth:

The green dots are metal fillings from over a decade ago. The blue patches are fillings this dentist has done for me previously. Red is the filling he did for me today. There's 9 there, if we're counting, though really it's 10 because there was already a filling in the tooth he did today and he took it out and redid it as part of the new filling.

It took FOUR shots to numb me. I was getting mighty concerned when I still felt everything after that third shot, and the dentist said, "look, this fourth one is the most I can give you, so if this doesn't work I dunno what we're gonna do..."

Fortunately 4 times was the charm and the rest went off without a hitch.

Sugar crash. Month of eating candy daily until all Halloween candy (except lifesavers suckers) had been consumed crash.

Why is it that every friday the workload is significant higher than the other days. This is the third week in a row.

Dave

Staff member
Sitting in a hotel in Sioux City, Iowa right now. For those who don’t watch my Twitch stream, my biological mother’s husband died Monday. It’s weird because I knew him but not well. They’ve been married for only two years and he’s got this whole other family with his first wife. They wanted me to come for the family only visitation but I felt weird about it. Luckily Omaha had a winter weather advisory today so that was my excuse to not go.

Bad part is he was the one selling me his truck and now I don’t think that’s going to happen. Not going to bring it up, though.

Colds suck. Colds that start on the Saturday morning of a three day weekend suck even harder.
I hear ya. It's like my colds intentionally wait to strike the afternoon/evening right before I have a day off.
Yay no missed work.
Boo social life.

--Patrick

Goddammit. Ever since a Windows 10 update this morning, my desktop computer has severely struggled to connect to my home Wifi.

Either it doesn't read it, it's slow as hell, or it just cuts out seconds after connecting.