Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Have to get my daughter new dance shoes. I have #48. They just called #26 after an hour and 15 minutes. Please kill me.

I hate getting caught in discussions between my father and grandfather. Despite being 90% in agreement on all things, they are both going deaf and feel it is more important to make their own particular points heard rather than hearing each other anyway. And my father forgets what things he's already said which causes him to repeat himself often, and because my grandfather had a stroke a few years ago, every statement is prolonged by 75-125% by "eeuuuurrrrhhhh" noises as he tries to find paths for the words around the damaged portions of his brain. It is both saddening and irritating.
That's like when I'll say something on a subject, and my dad will go "No, it's like (almost the exact same fucking thing I just said)" and even though I love him, even though he's been a great dad, even though I know he's got a lot of mental problems and so on, sometimes I just want to beat him to a pulp.

I think this is the best place to put it. I just cleaned out my office at Texas A&M today. It's because I just got a full-time teaching position at Sam Houston State University which is an ENORMOUS step up. Since I graduated a few weeks ago and will be teaching elsewhere, I'm out of the TAMU system and they need my office back.

I'd been working at Texas A&M since 2013 and had gotten used to that routine. The TA offices for my department were all in the basement and there were hardly any windows. We called one block of offices "The Fishbowl" because it always got damp after a rainstorm and then smelled like fancy cheese. The vending machines had been there since the '70s. They had fake wood paneling and the top rack had originally held packs of cigarettes.

Last year I shifted to an office down the hall, with a nicer desk, a window, and more privacy. But it was still the same office life. The department let me it through the summer as well because I was on a fellowship. With classes starting on Monday, it was time to finally leave. I'd been emptying it little by little for a couple weeks, taking some books with me every time I left for home. Today I showed up with empty check-in luggage and got it all packed away. I was amazed at how many books I'd accumulated over the past four years, but they all got put away along with my Lego sets and Firefly figurines. When that was all done I took a final look back and this is what I saw.

It's the end of an age.

I gotta stop falling asleep at my desk and just go to bed if I feel tired. Last night I woke up three hours after the last time I remember with a stiffness in my neck. This has to stop before I got my head too hard when I pass out or twist my neck wrong and paralyze my ass.

It just never feels like there's enough time in the day.

I nearly nodded off about five times driving home from work on Sunday afternoon.

The last time I nearly completely missed the turn onto my own street.

GasBandit

Staff member
MRW I did some pretty good dashboard karaoke on my way back from colorado but it's already been erased from my dashcam because the drive was 14 hours and the SD card could only hold 9 :(

I couldn't fall asleep until 3am, had to get up at 5am to get my son out the door for school, and am still awake after trying for the last hour and a half to go back to sleep. I feel that pain.

GasBandit

Staff member
Still trying to catch up from what piled up over my vacation, this week is on an accelerated deadline schedule because monday is Labor Day and we'll be closed, Underling #1 has come down with a fever and is out sick, and Underling #2's new fall schedule means he will rarely be here past 11. Why even bother, dude? Gaagghhh this week is gonna suuuck.

Still trying to catch up from what piled up over my vacation, this week is on an accelerated deadline schedule because monday is Labor Day and we'll be closed, Underling #1 has come down with a fever and is out sick, and Underling #2's new fall schedule means he will rarely be here past 11. Why even bother, dude? Gaagghhh this week is gonna suuuck.
Initiate @Shegokigo protocol.

I was up all night too :(

I was in so much pain that I couldn't sleep. I actually cleaned the kitchen in pain because I was hoping it would make me tired. It didn't :(

GasBandit

Staff member
Just had a client cancel "because hurricane."

The hurricane was last weekend. You waited until 20 minutes before your arranged time to cancel.

Shit-heel.

Another issue (spoilered because gross)

Don't touch your dick after using chili oil/cutting peppers.
Each time I find somebody that never ate crawfish before, I tell them to wash their hands firsts in the bathroom, then they look at you funny. Then they find out.

Or worse, Pepper Spray training. And the cop that got sprayed forgot to wash his hand first, screams the loudest.

AND THE WHOLE DAMN BUILDING SMELLS LIKE MILDEW
I just had to dig through all my old stuff in the basement to find the software I wanted to install on my computer. I feel ya.
At this point, I'm scared to open any of my gun cases. But now that I've seen the software boxes, I'm gonna have to soon. I'm genuinely worried.

--Patrick

Each time I find somebody that never ate crawfish before, I tell them to wash their hands firsts in the bathroom, then they look at you funny. Then they find out.

Or worse, Pepper Spray training. And the cop that got sprayed forgot to wash his hand first, screams the loudest.
Oh, do NOT go there. Thirty worst minutes of my life.

EDIT: Dammit, my eyes are watering just thinking about it...

Three times this week I've had to tell different people in the office who were struggling to shove their hand into a narrow container "pick it up and tip it" to get what they were after.

Then they go "Oh!" and do it, and go "Wow, you're so smart."

No, I'm not, I just ate cereal for breakfast as a kid while you were shoveling lead paint chips into your mouths. -_-

Twitter is down. Olympus has fallen. I'd check to see what's going on, but the best place for live news data is twitter.

Now I must sink into the abyss.

Edit: it's back

Three times this week I've had to tell different people in the office who were struggling to shove their hand into a narrow container "pick it up and tip it" to get what they were after.

Then they go "Oh!" and do it, and go "Wow, you're so smart."

No, I'm not, I just ate cereal for breakfast as a kid while you were shoveling lead paint chips into your mouths. -_-
I cringe when somebody comes around the office, passing out free food. Cause I know, nobody tips the food out of the container. So 20 people have touched every chocolate chip cookie in that ziplock bag...