Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

GasBandit

Staff member
BOOTLEGGING. Finally remembered the word, was driving me nuts all morning, trying to think of it for the Dukes of Hazzard conversation (I ended up having to use the technical term instead of what everybody calls it).

Every time I buy something off of Groupon, I shake my head and realize how hard @bhamv3 has it as a job.

4 once the paring is successful, the device turns off the power supply and the next time the boot will automatically return, without the need to re pair the manual!

A Facebook post led me to search my email and discover that the fifteen eclipse glasses I purchased from Amazon are not from a reputable source and shouldn't be used.

I may be able to get a friend to test them with a spectrophotometer in time, but the prices of glasses has shot up astronomically since the email alert, so we may be stuck with the two welding helmets I have, some solar eclipse filter for the camera, and whatever pinhole arrangement we can make day of.

/deep sigh

I got an alert for it... just as my work meeting began.

If you subscribe to their YouTube channel and have it set up to alert you on new posts, and load the YouTube app on your phone, then you get spacex live launch alerts when they start streaming.

I got an alert for it... just as my work meeting began.

If you subscribe to their YouTube channel and have it set up to alert you on new posts, and load the YouTube app on your phone, then you get spacex live launch alerts when they start streaming.
Thanks. I don't think the streaming alert would help me since I normally have to have my plan figured out a couple of hours ahead of the launch, but I wonder if SpaceX has an IFTTT channel that sends out reminders the day before.

Unfortunately, today was more about things going pear shaped than not knowing when it was. (Dumb mistake on my part.)

The hotel I'm interviewing at this afternoon is a AAA 5 Diamond resort. It's more than a little intimidating.

OTOH, it's obviously not a property that any one person would be expected to handle solo, as I always was. It's just too damn big. It wouldn't be all on my shoulders. Plus, it's too remote and too high end for the problem guests I would usually get to be getting anywhere near the place.

GasBandit

Staff member
Augh god I woke up this morning thinking it was wednesday and I just now realized it's not. Waaaghhh I have one day less to get my shit together for my trip than I thought!

I'm starting to really, really hate the two day period when an appraisal report is due. Watching my Inbox tab for new email notifications and half-hoping/half-dreading finding an email from our lender.

Augh god I woke up this morning thinking it was wednesday and I just now realized it's not. Waaaghhh I have one day less to get my shit together for my trip than I thought!
What the fuck were you doing last night then if not getting ready?! :O

GasBandit

Staff member
What the fuck were you doing last night then if not getting ready?! :O
I'm talking about work stuff. Home stuff isn't as big a deal. And for the record, I started off cleaning and then passed out on the couch around 9 I think. I was tiiiiiired.

I did! A friend will be coming over to check on my cat while I was gone, so I had to make the place look slightly less like a bombed-out syrian urban block.
I need to clean the house before we have D&D next week (lol). I dun wanna. The computer room has no floor, just a 2-3 inch pile of debris, and that's the room you have to walk through to get to the bathroom we actually let people outside of the family use. :p

GasBandit

Staff member
I need to clean the house before we have D&D next week (lol). I dun wanna. The computer room has no floor, just a 2-3 inch pile of debris, and that's the room you have to walk through to get to the bathroom we actually let people outside of the family use. :p
Tonight I actually am going to attempt to use a vacuum I haven't touched in years. Dumb cat can't keep its litter in the box.[DOUBLEPOST=1503010402,1503009980][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh yeah, and when my friend asked if there was anything special I needed them to do, I replied with the following gif:

Been fighting with the mortgage company to let me short-sell this house because the buyer has been breathing down my neck since the end of last year.
Finally got all the paperwork done and got the mortgage company's approval to proceed during the first week of August. I was supposed to close the sale today.
Now the buyer is hemming and hawing about every little thing, told us on Mon that they want the city to come inspect the property, want a list of everything that needs to be repaired (it's been sitting empty for FOUR YEARS now), wants me to go through and get rid of all personal property inside the house (seriously? the only things left that aren't stuff like spare flooring and appliance manuals are a pair of wing-back chairs) and wants me to clean and deodorize the entire house. Also suddenly the city has become very interested in the property, making me have the septic inspected ($200), the home inspected ($340), and they want me to have a dead tree removed ($2300 - this one hasn't been done yet).

Listen, bud. It's a cash sale. You want new windows, a concrete driveway, and to modernize the kitchen? You do that yourself. I'm selling it because I don't have the money to do improvements, you chiselers. Stop trying to shift the improvement cost(s) to me.

--Patrick

An airstrip. The place has it's own private airstrip. You have got to be kidding me.

Not kidding about the awesome people there to chat with while I waited for interview time. :)

When I worked for the film processing plant, they had their own helipad and softball field.
Nobody used either one the entire time I worked there.

--Patrick