Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Last night I was hanging out with my roommate and told him I was gonna go out to the store to get chicken because I wouldn't have dinner ready to cook today otherwise. He says "you don't have to go. Remember I brought that tray of leftover chicken from work?" That being a good point, I choose not to go to the store.

He finished the tray of chicken for lunch.

Last night I was hanging out with my roommate and told him I was gonna go out to the store to get chicken because I wouldn't have dinner ready to cook today otherwise. He says "you don't have to go. Remember I brought that tray of leftover chicken from work?" That being a good point, I choose not to go to the store.

He finished the tray of chicken for lunch.

He moved the chicken into a new container. I'm dumb.

Just think, you'll never have to shovel snow in the fall, winter, or spring.
But he'll never experience making snow angels, or walking through the chilly white flakes as they fall from the sky and create a tranquil world where even sound itself is muffled, or enjoy the sensation of slush getting inside his clothes in awkward places like his sock or the back of his neck or in the crotch of his pants.

GasBandit

Staff member
I moved here from Colorado, I know what it's like to have icicles in your beard :p

But the last couple days, that sounds pretty nice actually.

The rivers are rising. And rising. Fortunately the rains have stopped, and I'm at a high enough elevation that it's not a problem... for me.

GasBandit

Staff member
What the hell is the point of a national chain pharmacy that isn't open 24 hours a day (or even 12)?!
... the only point I can think of is "tax writeoff" because it can't possibly be profitable :p

Kind of like this Kreuz barbecue place. They don't have barbecue sauce (they claim their BBQ doesn't need it, but I'm here to tell you it really does) and they close at 8. A restaurant. That closes at 8. Because nobody eats after the sun goes down, right?

... the only point I can think of is "tax writeoff" because it can't possibly be profitable :p

Kind of like this Kreuz barbecue place. They don't have barbecue sauce (they claim their BBQ doesn't need it, but I'm here to tell you it really does) and they close at 8. A restaurant. That closes at 8. Because nobody eats after the sun goes down, right?
It's all a ploy to try and meet Gordon Ramsay

It's a Walgreen's. The store itself is open 24/7, but the pharmacy is only open 9am - 9pm M-F, 9am - 6pm Sat, 10am - 6pm Sun. Upon some actual reflection, it's probably an actual (stupid, irritating) strategy for keeping another location further down the road open - as that location has a 24hr pharmacy but is kind of out in the middle of nowhere compared to the location we use, which shares an intersection with a busy shopping center / medical complex.

It's a Walgreen's. The store itself is open 24/7, but the pharmacy is only open 9am - 9pm M-F, 9am - 6pm Sat, 10am - 6pm Sun. Upon some actual reflection, it's probably an actual (stupid, irritating) strategy for keeping another location further down the road open - as that location has a 24hr pharmacy but is kind of out in the middle of nowhere compared to the location we use, which shares an intersection with a busy shopping center / medical complex.
Wait, the actual pharmacy side open 24 hours? I've never seen that anywhere. And unless they've got extra measures to protect the area, that sounds like a really bad idea. ESPECIALLY in the middle of nowhere.

Wait, the actual pharmacy side open 24 hours? I've never seen that anywhere. And unless they've got extra measures to protect the area, that sounds like a really bad idea. ESPECIALLY in the middle of nowhere.
Yeah... we have 24 hour pharmacies all over the place. I mean, not the ones in grocery stores, and not in the more disadvantaged areas of the cities, but it's entirely normal here. Also, middle of nowhere in this context is "big residential area where all the schools are and a few small specialty clinics, as opposed to the two heavily trafficked shopping areas at either end of the arterial/highway," so, y'know, a bit misleading relative.

Yeah... we have 24 hour pharmacies all over the place. I mean, not the ones in grocery stores, and not in the more disadvantaged areas of the cities, but it's entirely normal here. Also, middle of nowhere in this context is "big residential area where all the schools are and a few small specialty clinics, as opposed to the two heavily trafficked shopping areas at either end of the arterial/highway," so, y'know, a bit misleading relative.
VERY relative. You wouldn't dare have a 24hr pharmacist here. That's just asking for huge trouble.

And the Detroit dealers wouldn't like the competition, either. Showing up at my front desk at 3-4am with a Michigan ID is a BIG red flag.

We've shown up at hotels in the middle of the night on trips, but once you unload 9 kids the hotel stops thinking about drugs and starts thinking about kicking us out or charging us extra because we rented two four person rooms for eleven people...[DOUBLEPOST=1501440959,1501440926][/DOUBLEPOST]
He'd be hauling too many kids to have room for pills.
Aw, ninja'd!

We've shown up at hotels in the middle of the night on trips, but once you unload 9 kids the hotel stops thinking about drugs and starts thinking about kicking us out or charging us extra because we rented two four person rooms for eleven people...[DOUBLEPOST=1501440959,1501440926][/DOUBLEPOST]
Aw, ninja'd!
And you'd probably be paying with plastic. All cash including deposit at 4am is another red flag.

Yeah, I tend to roll my eyes rather heavily whenever people around here complain about the "rampant drug problem" which is mostly just a bunch of Microsoft and Boeing engineers who are pissed that they "can't get the good sudafed anymore."