Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Painting shit straightened out. They are going to caulk today and paint tomorrow, my husband had to call the main office and straighten it out, because I certainly have no idea what the needed paint colors are, and I'm not about to go digging through the garage and basement hunting it down in a panic when I didn't even expect people to be here because I was left out of the loop. Not this week.

GasBandit

Staff member
I want to go see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 this weekend with my friend that I normally go see movies with, but that dummy's gonna be out of town. Seems he'd rather be with his "wife" cuz they have "wedding anniversary plans" or some other such drivel.

GasBandit

Staff member
One of the ISPs that give my office internet access retooled the connection to give us better fault tolerance and redundancy! Yay!

It increased my ping time to my home computer by 10 ms! Which means it's probably no longer feasible for me to use hamachi and steam to stream games to my work desktop. Boo.

I mean, I didn't ever do that except for that one time I did to see if it was possible... but I thought it was pretty cool that I had the ability if I wanted to. And now that it's "not so much," I feel a little grumpy about losing that capability.

fade

Staff member
Okay, Pinterest. I may have clicked on a random bra-related pin for, uh, curiosity reasons. But you don't have to suggest bra-related pins for half my feed now. Sheesh.

GasBandit

Staff member
Okay, Pinterest. I may have clicked on a random bra-related pin for, uh, curiosity reasons. But you don't have to suggest bra-related pins for half my feed now. Sheesh.
"I only watched Will and Grace one time, one day
Wish I hadn't, cause now TiVo thinks I'm gay..."
- Couch Potato

GasBandit

Staff member
My eyelids are starting to get puffy. I think the cat may have gotten into something to which I'm allergic.

I just hope my eyes don't swell shut TODAY, I'm going to see GOTG2 tonight with friends >_< They can swell shut tomorrow, I'm out of fucks to give about work for the week already.

Came into work two hours early because I couldn't sleep since feeling ill and I already know I can't take the day off without turning Monday into a hellscape for myself and the rest of the office. Hoping manager will let me leave two hours early in the bargain.

And playing Heroes of the Storm last night has still left a taint on my spirit energy.

I hate it when Premiere crashes during rendering. I especially hate it when it happens right at 100% complete >_<
S̰͇̰͇̟̺̯͚͇͗̿̑̎̏̎̚͞ͅp̶͇͖̥̣̙̫̪̖̘̍̏̾̌̉͢͡ã̳͉̩̙̱̠̤̤̽̀̂͞w̵̢̨̛̛̛̦̲̬̥͇̍͋̄̈̑̕͘n̴͙̖̞̠̳͙͐̆̽̓͐̓͒̕͝ m̳͉͇̰̫̞̳̺͙̍̓̿̓̌̐̀͘͠ó̗͇͖̻̬͒́̂́́ŗ̶͍̫̰̜̦̺̪̝͆͆͆̄̈́e̡̻̜̹̜̙̜̎̋̈̊̒̋̏̕͢ o̵̠̰̩̝̥̠̮̟̓̑̈́̌̈́̀͟v̻͇͓̪͙͙̬̮͊̊̉̋͆͟͞͝͡e͇̝̜͔͕͌͆̏̉͛̏͂̽͜͢ȓ̸͎̞̻̭̪̳͇̽̈́̈́͐ͅl̨͚̹̰̠̏̈̏̈́͌̔̓̋͋́ò̷̠̬̺̯̖̳͛̍̀̄̕̚͝ͅŗ̶̛̦͔̭̼͚̹̯̪̆̈́̓͒̚͡ḑ͚͕̩̙͉̼̤̓̓̂̒̂̔̉͋̏̕͢ŝ̴̡̳̘͍̲̠̞͛͑̚͠ R͔̞͚̼̟͚͉̜̀̑̃̂͛̈͡Ȃ͚̞͔̲̥̮̼̑̀̇̌̈́̃̂͘͞M̡͈̙͍͎͛̈̔͐̋̈́̌̇̈́͂

...seriously, though, I hope this isn't indicative of impending HDD failure.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
S̰͇̰͇̟̺̯͚͇͗̿̑̎̏̎̚͞ͅp̶͇͖̥̣̙̫̪̖̘̍̏̾̌̉͢͡ã̳͉̩̙̱̠̤̤̽̀̂͞w̵̢̨̛̛̛̦̲̬̥͇̍͋̄̈̑̕͘n̴͙̖̞̠̳͙͐̆̽̓͐̓͒̕͝ m̳͉͇̰̫̞̳̺͙̍̓̿̓̌̐̀͘͠ó̗͇͖̻̬͒́̂́́ŗ̶͍̫̰̜̦̺̪̝͆͆͆̄̈́e̡̻̜̹̜̙̜̎̋̈̊̒̋̏̕͢ o̵̠̰̩̝̥̠̮̟̓̑̈́̌̈́̀͟v̻͇͓̪͙͙̬̮͊̊̉̋͆͟͞͝͡e͇̝̜͔͕͌͆̏̉͛̏͂̽͜͢ȓ̸͎̞̻̭̪̳͇̽̈́̈́͐ͅl̨͚̹̰̠̏̈̏̈́͌̔̓̋͋́ò̷̠̬̺̯̖̳͛̍̀̄̕̚͝ͅŗ̶̛̦͔̭̼͚̹̯̪̆̈́̓͒̚͡ḑ͚͕̩̙͉̼̤̓̓̂̒̂̔̉͋̏̕͢ŝ̴̡̳̘͍̲̠̞͛͑̚͠ R͔̞͚̼̟͚͉̜̀̑̃̂͛̈͡Ȃ͚̞͔̲̥̮̼̑̀̇̌̈́̃̂͘͞M̡͈̙͍͎͛̈̔͐̋̈́̌̇̈́͂

...seriously, though, I hope this isn't indicative of impending HDD failure.

--Patrick
Me too. It failed because I made the mistake of trying to render the file directly to storage on an external HD. Soon as it got to 100%, I heard the "bla-dunk" noise of a USB disconnect, then reconnect, and a dialog indicating the drive in question is the one that caused it. Premiere had a nervous breakdown after that.

I'd prefer not to lose that drive. It's got the saved copies of most of the videos I've made, and all my anime and american animation. I mean, losing the latter two would be very inconvenient, but at least I could retorrent most of it... if I lose the videos *I* made, they're irreplacable, other than the super-compressed versions on youtube.

Me too. It failed because I made the mistake of trying to render the file directly to storage on an external HD. Soon as it got to 100%, I heard the "bla-dunk" noise of a USB disconnect, then reconnect, and a dialog indicating the drive in question is the one that caused it. Premiere had a nervous breakdown after that.

I'd prefer not to lose that drive. It's got the saved copies of most of the videos I've made, and all my anime and american animation. I mean, losing the latter two would be very inconvenient, but at least I could retorrent most of it... if I lose the videos *I* made, they're irreplacable, other than the super-compressed versions on youtube.
How much is your peace of mind worth? You could look into something like AWS Glacier ($4/TB/mo cold storage, $2.50/TB file retrieval [first 10GB/mo retrievals are free]) to serve as a cloud backup. That's just the first thing off the top of my head, there's probably cheaper options out there.

Had a "prescreening" interview this morning for a media clerk position in the library at my mom's school. Got an email two hours later saying they weren't interested in further interviews with me.

Like always.

Do I just suck at interviews or something? I always feel like I did decently, but here I am again. :(

You know, I might have needed to go to traffic safety school to mitigate the points on my licence from my accident, but at least I fucking know how traffic laws work. So many people at this "interactive" class were so fucking stupid that I wanted to slam my head into a wall.

I started brainstorming and note-taking ideas for my memoir tonight. It's the book idea I mentioned before, about my ongoing struggles with my mental health. Still really not sure about it because it feels really self-absorbed and pretentious. Especially as I'm brainstorming ideas for imagery and allusions. Because...because, I don't know, I want this to be more than just a silly adventure like my Dill books. I want it to be something kind of literary. And I don't know if I can pull that off without everyone just rolling their eyes at it.

(Also, since this book is not on my whole life but focused on a particular part of my life, I learned it's a memoir, not an auto-biography as I'd been calling it before.)

Last edited:
I'm guessing Seth MacFarlane pissed his pants laughing his ass off the first time he saw that. And the second time. And the third time. And the fourth time. And the fifth time. And the sixth time. And then the seventh time. And then the eighth time. And then the ninth time. And then the tenth time. And then the eleventh time.

I started brainstorming and note-taking ideas for my memoir tonight. It's the book idea I mentioned before, about my ongoing struggles with my mental health. Still really not sure about it because it feels really self-absorbed and pretentious. Especially as I'm brainstorming ideas for imagery and allusions. Because...because, I don't know, I want this to be more than just a silly adventure like my Dill books. I want it to be something kind of literary. And I don't know if I can pull that off without everyone just rolling their eyes at it.

(Also, since this book is not on my whole life but focused on a particular part of my life, I learned it's a memoir, not an auto-biography as I'd been calling it before.)
I wouldn't worry about it. The word memoir itself is pretty pretentious, so if you can cross that line, you're good to go :p. I think you'll be fine so long as you keep in earnest.

I'm sick, I've been vomiting and going to the bathroom all day and I'm dehydrated. Now they are goint to put me an iv. So, I didn't go to work today and probably I won't be going tomorrow. I was thinking about taking a day off next week on my birthday, but now probably I won't be able to.

Who's got two thumbs and was ordered to stay for four more hours beyond his mandatory training at work?

UGH. And I seriously nearly nodded off the night before at work...