Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Well, fuck. I'm snowed in, but I'm the least snowed in. Or at least the closest to work snowed in. Meaning once I've had coffee and breakfast, I've got to risk the drive in to work. Once I get past the first slide down the hill to the main roads, I should be okay. But once I get out of the driveway, I'm committed. Even if I don't get to work, I'm not making it back home.

So honestly, the heck with your 55F. This is dangerous.

Eh, don't worry, it's cyclical and balanced... when summer comes around and we're griping about 112 degree heat, all you eskimos can chortle at us from your balmy igloos.
Yeah, you can keep your heat stroke, tornados, and bugpacalypse. I suspect you're too humid for swamp coolers, so you pay through the nose to cool your houses and offices 1/2 the year. Heating will always be cheaper than cooling...

Yeah, you can keep your heat stroke, tornados, and bugpacalypse. I suspect you're too humid for swamp coolers, so you pay through the nose to cool your houses and offices 1/2 the year. Heating will always be cheaper than cooling...
except here where its -10 to -20 for weeks at a time, exponentially about the same for 6 months out of the year.

GasBandit

Staff member
I always say, When it's cold, you can always put on another layer. When it's hot, however, comes a point you literally can't take anything else off.

That reminds me. I now get to tell my daughter that at least she got to go to a Super Bowl parade in her lifetime. All I ever got out of Super Bowls during my childhood was disappointment.
When the Giants won in 2012, a friend of mine was working for NYC city hall. I not only got to go the parade, but I got (almost) front row seats for the ceremony with it. If Li'l Z turns out to be a Giants fan, I can say he went too, since I was pregnant at the time.

I continue to be the worst house cleaner of all time. If left to my own devices, I would probably have the dirtiest dwelling here.

This sounds like a wager...
Let me ante up by saying that before yesterday I hadn't seen my bedroom floor in a year. My husband attempts to organize some of the chaos in the rest of the house, which is the only reason we can ever let people even enter our house.

I'm having 3 other forumites over this weekend; the pressure is tangible
My parents will be here in the morning. My mom always asks how I can live this way because no matter how much I clean I live in a state of perpetual clutter. I am tempted to just once say fuck it all and let her see my true squalor....

But then I'd never hear the end of it from her ever.

GasBandit

Staff member
I currently have a stack of pizza boxes that reaches all the way from my kitchen counter to the ceiling. They are slightly compressed because the distance isn't a perfect integer in base pizzabox.

That has been there so long, I'm pretty sure it's become a perverse sort of pride.[DOUBLEPOST=1455079064,1455078975][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I am currently drowning in laundry. So much laundry. Some of it has been sitting here so long, it hasn't fit anyone in 2 or 3 years.

Because of my chronic pain, I am used to being on a fair amount of pain meds and they don't usually effect me that much. They only reduce the pain some and that is normal for me. Well, I must not have eaten enough today or something because tonight I feel super stupid on them and they seem to have all gone to my head, because my pain is brutal and it hurts to walk and sit. Poor @HCGLNS is having to have the same conversations with me over and over again.

Because of my chronic pain, I am used to being on a fair amount of pain meds and they don't usually effect me that much. They only reduce the pain some and that is normal for me. Well, I must not have eaten enough today or something because tonight I feel super stupid on them and they seem to have all gone to my head, because my pain is brutal and it hurts to walk and sit. Poor @HCGLNS is having to have the same conversations with me over and over again.
I've seen what he posts, you two are just speaking the same language now.

Made it to work on time in spite of the not-treated-very-much roads. Also in spite of my mom having a royal fit that I would even try to get here and what about the guy who was scheduled.

They got their money's worth. After finding an unsettled credit card payment from last week, I went further back to the beginning of August and found another $2700. The payments were posted to the guest's folios, but were never submitted for processing. Until tonight. :D

fade

Staff member
Dirty houses. Shudder. My wife and I are both clean freaks. It's basically the one thing we have in common. The kids are slobs though.

So you guys are saying I should open my cleaning business for real?

I much prefer to clean others' houses over my own for some reason. And I love, LOOOVE, to help people pack and move. My house is clean, but there's still stuff everywhere. Nate and I just have so many things: books, art prints, all of Nate's foam builds, video games, a lot of weapons and then all of my cosplay stuff. There's just no room. And we have a small place to begin with.

(If I ever make it out to visit any Halfites, feel free to let me clean if you want it. :D )

So you guys are saying I should open my cleaning business for real?

I much prefer to clean others' houses over my own for some reason. And I love, LOOOVE, to help people pack and move. My house is clean, but there's still stuff everywhere. Nate and I just have so many things: books, art prints, all of Nate's foam builds, video games, a lot of weapons and then all of my cosplay stuff. There's just no room. And we have a small place to begin with.

(If I ever make it out to visit any Halfites, feel free to let me clean if you want it. :D )
*pictures @littekagsin cleaning his house in cosplay and starts foaming at the mouth.*

As much as I'd love someone else to clean for me, I'd rather not be judged about the worst of it more. ;)
Aww, I would never judge you! Even if you had moldy food shoved under your bed - that has grown legs and actually lives under there as a sentient being. We've all been there! I have strict rules against judging people.

GasBandit

Staff member
As much as I'd love someone else to clean for me, I'd rather not be judged about the worst of it more. ;)
Hah, that reminds me SO much of my parents. I always thought it was ludicrous how they said we had to clean the house because the cleaning lady was coming tomorrow.

And that house was never anything even remotely approaching how bad mine is now.