Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

When I could wear heels it was really hard to get good ones because Town would only stock maybe one pair in my size.

Now that I can't wear heels, I'm ok with it. I can wear cute kids boots and sneakers. My daughter and I shared a two pack of Costco slippers today :)

They have the best hoodies there now. Super light weight with the thumb holes. Perfect for camping, canoeing etc. I will test them for video games later on. My son says it's a good Avengers watching shirt :)

I am short, but I don't have kid size feet. Sadly, though my shoe LENGTH is common, I need wide shoes, which are hilariously hard to find in your average every day shoe store for women.

GasBandit

Staff member
I am short, but I don't have kid size feet. Sadly, though my shoe LENGTH is common, I need wide shoes, which are hilariously hard to find in your average every day shoe store for women.
Jeez, they're not even exactly commonplace for men, I say as a man who also needs wide shoes (which is part of the reason why I mostly wear sandals). But I don't think I've ever seen a woman's shoe in "wide" size.

Last time I bought sneakers, I was literally trying on piles of shoes for 2 hours before we found a pair that didn't squeeze my feet. It sucked.

Jeez, they're not even exactly commonplace for men, I say as a man who also needs wide shoes (which is part of the reason why I mostly wear sandals). But I don't think I've ever seen a woman's shoe in "wide" size.
If you're ever in Houston, go to Brucettes. It's where all the trans guys go. They have shoes in all kinds of big sizes.
http://www.brucettes.com/

Bet you find a pair of killer pumps in your size ;)

(edit for the ladies: They have online ordering, too)

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen a woman's shoe in "wide" size.
That's because you're not looking in the right...
It's where all the trans guys go
...yep. There are places out there that sell wide womens' shoes, but most of them practically put "womens'" in quotation marks when the sizes get that wide/large.
When I could wear heels it was really hard to get good ones because Town would only stock maybe one pair in my size. Now that I can't wear heels, I'm ok with it
jeepers.jpg

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
Jun's about 5'2" and she's just about sick of having to buy child-size shoes :p Revenge is sweet though---it was hard as heck to find shoes big enough to fit me in China.
On the bright side, you could buy small clothes and then pretend to be turning into the hulk.

I thought you measured everything in maple leafs.
Ugh. It's far more horrible than that. Quebec uses its own measure; there, @Squidleybits is 58 habs grande. But the West, clamouring for change in a vain attempt to set the national standard had implemented its own. Out west, she is 1 canuck tall - we all are actually, it's so uselessly ineffective it's s bound to go down in flames. But then Squidleybits lives down East, where they do they the sensible thing, and just use what the Americans do. So she's 5'1"

(and for completeness: oilers and jets)

Ugh. It's far more horrible than that. Quebec uses its own measure; there, @Squidleybits is 58 habs grande. But the West, clamouring for change in a vain attempt to set the national standard had implemented its own. Out west, she is 1 canuck tall - we all are actually, it's so uselessly ineffective it's s bound to go down in flames. But then Squidleybits lives down East, where they do they the sensible thing, and just use what the Americans do. So she's 5'1"

(and for completeness: oilers and jets)
Ugh. I know you're kidding, but that is so disturbingly close to the BS I had to deal with when I volunteered at the national level.

fade

Staff member
"ID says HCGLNS."
"Hell of a way to go. Buried in stuffed bears."
"What'd you find, conveniently passing intern CSI?"
"He had ... bears in his ..." *vomits*