Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Preliminary whine. If I want to see the City Reliquary Museum in New York this week, I have to do it first thing once I get there.

Which means my very first stop upon getting to the city is... Willamsburg. :facepalm:

I'M NOT A HIPSTER, DAMMIT!!

Preliminary whine. If I want to see the City Reliquary Museum in New York this week, I have to do it first thing once I get there.

Which means my very first stop upon getting to the city is... Willamsburg. :facepalm:

I'M NOT A HIPSTER, DAMMIT!!
Your horn-rimmed glass say otherwise. Don't forget your scarf! ;)

Out trying to get a Milky Way picture in our Neighbourhood. Bad street lamps and drunk people at the house on the corner. Someone is puking. Omg let me get my picture before they see me!!

I cannot figure out how to play podcasts that are on my phone. I put them on my phone, I open the app, I click on the podcast button and then...!

The list is empty.

I just had myself a healthy 200 calorie snack of carrots, celery and broccoli.

I think I'm hungrier than before I ate it. :mad:
200 calories of those foods is like 6 cups worth, which if you're still hungry, what the hell man? How big is your stomach?

Reactions: Jay
Yeah, I missed that afterwards. Just have light dips. I know if I want dip with my stupid vegetables I have something like Lighthouse Dilly Dip light, which is only 20 calories per tablespoon.

Try opening the Podcast app?
It's a separate app now.

--Patrick
No, no, it's a particular app I use. MediaMonkey. It used to work just fine - and for everything else, it still does.[DOUBLEPOST=1434317564,1434317528][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I am on Android, so there is no built in podcast app.

I'm an American. My main exposure to Chinese food is finding out who in town has the best General Tso's chicken. Every now and then I get steamed pork buns from the local Asian market to microwave at home.

But this. This is Flushing's Chinatown. This is the big time. And the options available are overwhelming. I have no clue what to try or where to go. And ordering General Tso's will just out me as an Ugly American, no matter what else I do or say.

I'm an American. My main exposure to Chinese food is finding out who in town has the best General Tso's chicken. Every now and then I get steamed pork buns from the local Asian market to microwave at home.

But this. This is Flushing's Chinatown. This is the big time. And the options available are overwhelming. I have no clue what to try or where to go. And ordering General Tso's will just out me as an Ugly American, no matter what else I do or say.
*smacks with newspaper* No! Bad! Stay away from General Tsao's!
Now, what you're going to do is go to 66 Prince and order the "pai gui fan". Then, you're going to walk down Main Street, and go to the corner when you see the giant bowl on top of a building (there's a Starbucks across the street from it). You're going to go to the steam bun restaurant right behind that building with the bowl on top and stuff your face. (I can't remember the name, but it's right behind Monster KTV karaoke.) Then, if you're still there on the weekend, you're going to go Jade Asian for dim sum in the morning and go get some coffee-tea over and the Tai Pan bakery (and some snacks, if you're hungry).

fade

Staff member
Hey, there's nothing wrong with General Tso's chicken. But it's definitely good to try something new.

I'm off for a cubano now, then Nathan's on Coney Island. But @CeltZ has made my dinner plans for me. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, there's nothing wrong with General Tso's chicken. But it's definitely good to try something new.
There only is when you're surrounded by good, authentic Asian cuisine and you're ordering General Tsao's, an American invention.

fade

Staff member
I still don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's only wrong if you're assuming it's "authentic" Chinese food.

Unless of course the authentic you're looking for is American Chinese invented by Chinese immigrants and styled after native Chinese dishes. Including General Tso's chicken, which is heavily based on a real Hunan Chinese dish.

I still don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's only wrong if you're assuming it's "authentic" Chinese food.

Unless of course the authentic you're looking for is American Chinese invented by Chinese immigrants and styled after native Chinese dishes. Including General Tso's chicken, which is heavily based on a real Hunan Chinese dish.
Maybe not "heavily". According to The Fortune Cookie Chronicles, the only Hunan dishes that come vaguely close are Mala or Kung pao. The breaded fried chicken and the addition of broccoli were concocted in the US during the 1970s expanding Chinese-food craze.

fade

Staff member
It's also worth noting that most of the invention claims are by trained Chinese immigrant chefs adapting their recipes for non-Hunan environments.