Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Christmastime is always the worst when you've lost a loved one. That's why I try to cherish every time I can spend with family and loved ones over the holidays.

It never gets easier, Zap. But the memories get fonder.

So not only do I get to be home by myself for Christmas because the rest of the family decided to go to Disneyland instead of getting gifts for each other and I'm a broke loser, but now I'm sick as well. Again, fuck the holidays this year.

So not only do I get to be home by myself for Christmas because the rest of the family decided to go to Disneyland instead of getting gifts for each other and I'm a broke loser, but now I'm sick as well. Again, fuck the holidays this year.
They're just gonna go without you? That's kinda fucked up, sorry man.

They left Monday. They'll be gone until Friday. Told them when they first started planning this that I wasn't going to be able to afford it. Oh well.

They left Monday. They'll be gone until Friday. Told them when they first started planning this that I wasn't going to be able to afford it. Oh well.
And no one thought they should do something about that? I'm with Ravenpoe, that is fucked up.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

My parents said they would help, but I declined because:
1. My dad invested nearly all of his retirement in things that have not paid back out in a timely manner like they were supposed to, leaving my parents in a tight financial situation until they do;
2. My mother, however, is still spending like they are doing fine, which is adding to their financial problems;
3. They are already spending a ton of money to help my sister, niece, brother and his new fiancee all go;
4. My parents are already planning to go to Hawaii in February for my mother's family's reunion there.

I was hoping that my mother would take the hint and save the money for their Hawaii trip and just get gifts for my niece this year. My sister, the greedy bitch that she is, is never one to pass up a free anything for herself, so she egged the Disneyland idea along. My brother really wanted to go because his fiancee has never been, which stream-rolled the idea along even more. And my dad and I are sitting there shaking our heads like, "Seriously?! Remember the whole 'No money' thing?!" But my dad has never been able to tell my mom "no" once she has something planned.

Last edited:
Okay, so that is fucked up for a multitude of reasons. I know it's probably small consolation, but you being considerate of your parent's financial situation makes you anything BUT a loser. It sucks that you're there and not enough adults in your family could be as mature and not self-centered.

My parents said they would help, but I declined because:
1. My dad invested nearly all of his retirement in things that have not paid back out in a timely manner like they were supposed to, leaving my parents in a tight financial situation until they do;
2. My mother, however, is still spending like they are doing fine, which is adding to their financial problems;
3. They are already spending a ton of money to help my sister, niece, brother and his new fiance all go;
4. My parents are already planning to go to Hawaii in February for my mother's family's reunion there.

I was hoping that my mother would take the hint and save the money for their Hawaii trip and just get gifts for my niece this year. My sister, the greedy bitch that she is, is never one to pass up a free anything for herself, so she egged the Disneyland idea along. My brother really wanted to go because his fiance has never been, which stream-rolled the idea along even more. And my dad and I are sitting there shaking our heads like, "Seriously?! Remember the whole 'No money' thing?!" But my dad has never been able to tell my mom "no" once she has something planned.
Man, it's hard when family is in obvious trouble but refuses to acknowledge it. It sounds like your mom is in denial. You were the adult, and though it sucks that it means you'll be home alone for Christmas, you're doing all you can to try to get it through your family's skull.

GasBandit

Staff member
Cheesy is a mensch.

I have a small whine...

I love beef jerky. I can't help myself around it.

But here I am 24 hours (and countless picks and inches of floss, to say nothing of the electric toothbrush) later, still plucking bloody chunks of meat out from my bleeding gums between my teeth. Ow ow ow.

Was planning to spend Christmas Eve sleeping in, playing WoW and tossing a chew toy around with my dog before working a short closing shift (that I didn't want to go to).

My dad decided today would be a great day to have one of his "this house is dirty" fits and we all got to get up early and clean/constantly ask if I'm "doing something constructive." Never thought I'd be glad to go to work on a holiday.

The doomweasels stole my glasses.

I can't see well enough to find my glasses unless I'm wearing my spare glasses.

I can't find my spare glasses.

I'm screwed.
=======================================
So, I found my glasses. They were in Weasel Treasure Dump #4, the one I didn't know about. Along with my glasses were
9 pairs of socks
5 pairs of undies (the good silky stuff)
Half of my lingerie drawer (which shows how long it's been since I've used it :()
14 small stuff animals
About 1/2 cup of doomweasel kibble
3 3' x 4' weasels blankets
One of my tennis shoes
A leather business card holder (not my good one)
The One Ring
4 grooming combs
The vegetable peeler
2 tea towels
Jimmy Hoffa

... and my spare glasses, still in the case.

I love my doomweasels.

Last edited:
The doomweasels stole my glasses.

I can't see well enough to find my glasses unless I'm wearing my spare glasses.

I can't find my spare glasses.

I'm screwed.
=======================================
So, I found my glasses. They were in Weasel Treasure Dump #4, the one I didn't know about. Along with my glasses were
9 pairs of socks
5 pairs of undies (the good silky stuff)
Half of my lingerie drawer (which shows how long it's been since I've used it :()
14 small stuff animals
About 1/2 cup of doomweasel kibble
3 3' x 4' weasels blankets
One of my tennis shoes
A leather business card holder (not my good one)
The One Ring
4 grooming combs
The vegetable peeler
2 tea towels
Jimmy Hoffa
AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE!

I'm trying so hard no to be a whiny bitch this morning. The last thing family who calls wants to hear is that there are other family members I miss more.

GasBandit

Staff member
I had a loaf of bread on the countertop (still in its bag naturally).

I go to make a sandwich, and find that at some point during the night the cat decided to walk on it. Big-ol catpaw-shaped indentations squishing it.

I swear to god I am going to have to start swaddling this little shit.

We have a cat who will ignore the open end, bite a hole through the wrapper, then take a bunch of bites out of the loaf itself. We got one of these just because of her.

The other cat never does this. Instead, he will drag away the burlap beanbag duck from holding open the door and ... well, let's just say he sounds really excited when he does this (and does so at least twice a day).

--Patrick

Woke up a bit ago freezing and sick to my stomach. Now that I've had a hot shower and some tea and toast, I can't go back to sleep.

Blah, I say. Blah.