Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Cajungal

Staff member
That is the worst. Not feeling yourself, coughing, and sniffling for 2 weeks is definitely worse for me than a severe 2-3 days. Hope it goes away soon.

I am pretty sure my friend is addicted to Amway. From what I've heard from his mother he spends more than he earns on the stuff, as well as buying a bunch of energy drinks and candy bars for himself. She also stated she eats said drinks and bars more than actual food so...yeah that may give him problems. And every time either I or one of his family members or friends say anything, he gets angry such as in a recent angry text I have gotten today said I wasn't supporting him. This was after yesterday when we hung out and I thought we were cool, but apparently he has become the kinda guy who bottles up his emotions and releases them through texts. I should take his mom's advice and just back off, not like he'd listen to me any way. Still worried though.

Edit: And I'm glad I didn't, I called him about it and was at least able to suggest he may have a repressed anger problem and that he shouldn't bottle his feelings for a day if he feels I've done something that annoys him. Baby steps and that rot.

Last edited:
It's really damn windy (60 mph w/gusts to 75mph). It's been like this for a couple of days now, and all that noise messes with my sleep. Grrr.

I've only been on the internet for what, 20 years now? And here, I violated rule number one of interaction on the Internet.

"Don't feed the trolls."

:Leyla:
(That's only because I don't have a "banging head against wall" smiley)

GasBandit

Staff member
Heh, using Audacity at home all weekend to work on the audio for Halforums Academy always makes for a hard monday, when I come into work and suddenly I'm using Adobe Audition and none of the thingies do the thingy I want them to, right.

It's like... Ok, let's play XBOX for 13 straight hours... ok.. now quick, here's a Playstation controller! GO GO GO

GasBandit

Staff member
It's another pet peeve of mine right up there with the low battery thing.. when people say CoD like it's a fish. I mean, how hard is it to say "Calladooty."

Tons of sand flea bites which will be ok with cream, other bites on my arm that are likely cellulitis and a dislocated finger.

Insert language here.

I put on a shirt yesterday, right out of my drier. It felt itchy, I just thought it was a cheap shirt. I hop in my car and drive 8 miles to my friend's house. The itching gets worse as I drive. Then I see a tiny black ant crawling across my stomach. SHIT! I had dozens of crazy ants biting me! 6 more miles to go...

So I've been hobbling around on a sprained ankle for almost 3 weeks now, stupid thing still hurts (though way less than before) and is still swollen.
Noticed over the weekend that all that hobbling and favouring that leg has resulted in screwing up the knee on the other leg! Now it's all bruised and swollen and painful. Yellow and purple are not festive holiday shades.

This is NOT the season to not be able to walk, stand, sit (bending the knee hurts, and having the ankle anything but elevated hurts), or crawl (because I also need to mess with wiring and cables at work, which are all strung along the floor).

grumble grumble grumble.

At least 'the christmas shoes' hasn't been played on the radio at all yet. I'd hate to throw out my shoulder hurling the laptop across the office.

So I've been hobbling around on a sprained ankle for almost 3 weeks now, stupid thing still hurts (though way less than before) and is still swollen.
Noticed over the weekend that all that hobbling and favouring that leg has resulted in screwing up the knee on the other leg! Now it's all bruised and swollen and painful. Yellow and purple are not festive holiday shades.

This is NOT the season to not be able to walk, stand, sit (bending the knee hurts, and having the ankle anything but elevated hurts), or crawl (because I also need to mess with wiring and cables at work, which are all strung along the floor).

grumble grumble grumble.

At least 'the christmas shoes' hasn't been played on the radio at all yet. I'd hate to throw out my shoulder hurling the laptop across the office.
I'm sorry, I refuse to accept "The Christmas Shoes" as a Christmas song. It should be played during October and November for cancer awareness (and actually, shouldn't be played then either).

I'm sorry, I refuse to accept "The Christmas Shoes" as a Christmas song. It should be played during October and November for cancer awareness (and actually, shouldn't be played then either).
An interesting proposal. I loathe the song, both lyrically and melody-wise, so would prefer to see it permanently removed from all playlists everywhere, for all time; however, you do make an interesting point.

figmentPez

Staff member
A couple of years ago I thought I'd avoid that damn song by listening to the alternative Christian station here. Surely a station that focuses on hard rock, R&B, rap and such won't play the Christmas Shoes, right? No, but they played a frikkin cover... *sigh*

A couple of years ago I thought I'd avoid that damn song by listening to the alternative Christian station here. Surely a station that focuses on hard rock, R&B, rap and such won't play the Christmas Shoes, right? No, but they played a frikkin cover... *sigh*
I have avoided this year by listening exclusvely to medieval and renaissance Christmas music.

You guys really don't want to know. It is possibly the worst "Christmas song" ever. I love Christmas music and that piece of treacly crap is banned in my presence.