Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Zappit

Staff member
So...good news/bad news kinda day.

Good news - My mother does not have cancer! Treatment for what she actually has is simple and effective. Nice.

Bad news - My grandfather was diagnosed with vascular dementia. His brain is calcifying and slowly shrinking. The hospital ran the scan confirming it when he broke his femur in early September. Except they didn't tell the family about that, releasing him to the nursing home rehab wing. Now we understand why the insurance suddenly decided to stop paying for rehab, leaving my grandmother scrambling for MassHealth care, and why the home wanted to move him into the general population. That little doozy came up in casual conversation with one of the folks working at the facility. They had all the paperwork and records. My grandmother is absolutely devastated.

GasBandit

Staff member
So...good news/bad news kinda day.

Good news - My mother does not have cancer! Treatment for what she actually has is simple and effective. Nice.

Bad news - My grandfather was diagnosed with vascular dementia. His brain is calcifying and slowly shrinking. The hospital ran the scan confirming it when he broke his femur in early September. Except they didn't tell the family about that, releasing him to the nursing home rehab wing. Now we understand why the insurance suddenly decided to stop paying for rehab, leaving my grandmother scrambling for MassHealth care, and why the home wanted to move him into the general population. That little doozy came up in casual conversation with one of the folks working at the facility. They had all the paperwork and records. My grandmother is absolutely devastated.
Wait, so the hospital confirmed it last month, didn't tell the family/caretaker and ONLY told the insurance company?

Seems to me that's a good way to get sued.

See if you can drop in on a yoga class locally. Forcing yourself to interact with people a little bit, and doing some meditating style exercise might help.
Plus, if ridiculous stereotypes have taught me anything, all you need to do is use some pumpkin spice body wash beforehand, and half the women in the class will be all over you, looking to find out if you can help them even.

Plus, if ridiculous stereotypes have taught me anything, all you need to do is use some pumpkin spice body wash beforehand, and half the women in the class will be all over you, looking to find out if you can help them even.
:unibrow:

....uh, I mean, no! That's an offensive generalization!

Man...I went to a concert last night and my favorite song of the set for one of the bands, I cannot find! I'm so bummed. :( I've listened to their whole vevo on Youtube and didn't find it. I don't know what it's called, but I remember a specific staccato part in the chorus. Boo!

GasBandit

Staff member
Man...I went to a concert last night and my favorite song of the set for one of the bands, I cannot find! I'm so bummed. :( I've listened to their whole vevo on Youtube and didn't find it. I don't know what it's called, but I remember a specific staccato part in the chorus. Boo!
This is why you have soundhound, Kags.

GasBandit

Staff member
Is Shazam to mainstream for you? ;) I'm not sure it would've worked anyway - I mean do apps like that work at concerts? So loud and sound distortion?

I'm guessing it was a new song, so hopefully it's on a later album.
I've never tried at a concert but I can tell you I've hummed the song to SoundHound and had it correctly identify it.

I started out using Shazam as well but its quality went to shit after a while and I switched.

Computer professional clicks download without looking at extension.

Computer professional now gets to try to do his job while running two virus scanners in the background on an already slow machine to ensure everything is gone.

Goddammit so much...

I was so exhausted from this week's overtime that I came home and fell asleep just after 7:00 on a Friday night. This led to waking up at 3:30 AM, and now my sleep schedule is super-fucked. Fantastic. That'll make this next week's overtime much more interesting, I'm certain.

EDIT: Hoooold the fucking phone. That's not what I came to whine about.

Why do people make friend requests on Facebook after you or they have left the school or job you were both at, though you weren't friends at that place? I do not comprehend. We didn't talk when we were in each other's presence, so what value is there in keeping in touch later on?

There are people that treat Facebook like Pokemon: you gotta catch 'em all, and by "all" I mean have the biggest "friends" list. I don't understand the point of that, because unless your entire day revolves around Facebook, there's no way you can keep track of all their lives. I don't really think they care about your updates, just that they can count you as a "friend", and I never see the appeal in that. I always ignore those invites and keep my list relatively small because they only people I want to know about their day-to-day are they ones I still spend in-person time with, or friends who I'm close to, but live too far away to hang out with regularly.

12 hours to avoid being forced this morning - now I feel like crap and still can't hear very well out of my right ear. :p :(

Also some people don't like having work people as facebook friends. I know I'm usually pretty particular about adding people from work as friends from a privacy standpoint.

My boss is ...particular... About fraternizing with employees - which limits me to the CEO and a handful of VPs. Apparently the opportunity to share sensitive information in a social setting is too high to allow it. Or the number of scandals between the female dominated industry and the male dominated executive is something he's hyper aware of. Which is fascinating simply because that's how he met his younger second wife...

My boss is ...particular... About fraternizing with employees - which limits me to the CEO and a handful of VPs. Apparently the opportunity to share sensitive information in a social setting is too high to allow it. Or the number of scandals between the female dominated industry and the male dominated executive is something he's hyper aware of. Which is fascinating simply because that's how he met his younger second wife...
He doesn't want you fraternizing with his potential third wife.

According to this site: http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/the-mowglis-73de96a1.html

This was their set list for most (if not all) of their shows. SLC wasn't listed:
Emily
The Great Divide
Whatever Forever
Kids in Love
Love is Easy
Summertime
Make It Right
Say It, Just Say It
San Francisco

So, it should be one of those songs right?

According to this site: http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/the-mowglis-73de96a1.html

This was their set list for most (if not all) of their shows. SLC wasn't listed:
Emily
The Great Divide
Whatever Forever
Kids in Love
Love is Easy
Summertime
Make It Right
Say It, Just Say It
San Francisco

So, it should be one of those songs right?
OMG yay! It's Whatever Forever! :D It's not on iTunes or on their YouTube which is probably why I didn't find it.

Thank you thank you! I'm ashamed I didn't think to look at their set list...:( Or was to lazy after someone suggested I do so. I'm the worst, but really, thank you. :heart:

Zappit

Staff member
Oh, it has been a rough couple of days.

So I talked about how my grandfather was diagnosed with dementia and everybody involved but our family knew...He's not good at all now. He's eaten and drank very little over the last couple weeks, (just doesn't feel like it) has no memory of his fall a month ago, and his other memories are fading quickly. It's not surprising, given his poor health and lack of nutrition.

He was supposed to get his leg checked out again today, but I don't even know if they brought him. My grandmother called in the afternoon, my mother was sobbing on the phone, and I heard something about a priest. It just fucking sucks in every way. My grandfather has been through so much, so many hardships over the last few years, and he doesn't deserve any of it. He's been one of the kindest souls I've ever met, and it's just so completely wrong that he's now just wasting away.

I'm just trying to stay distracted at this point. It's just too hard to think about without breaking down.

Future Zero Esc rant:

I wish I hadn't wasted my afternoon cleaning the rat cage. I should have done it this morning.
Joke's on you, I did it this morning!

New rant: I liked when I cleaned the boys cage, they would go to sleep on the couch. The girls won't stay on the couch, so I have to put them in a smaller cage. And they don't go to sleep in it; they just stare at me the entire time until I'm finished cleaning the big cage.

Joke's on you, I did it this morning!

New rant: I liked when I cleaned the boys cage, they would go to sleep on the couch. The girls won't stay on the couch, so I have to put them in a smaller cage. And they don't go to sleep in it; they just stare at me the entire time until I'm finished cleaning the big cage.
How awkward.

"Why are you touching our poop???"

--Patrick
Oh THAT was a fun surprise. Found piles of it in their cloth cube. I might just start putting litter in there.

I've said that talk about girl rats being cleaner than boys was BS, but my wife reminds me that these are rescues and spent 8 months to a year living in their own filth. That they manage to poop most of the time in their litter dish or this cube is pretty good.