Whats for Dinner?

GasBandit

Staff member
It's like a pie made entirely out of Honey Nut Cheerios and Corn Pops.

--Patrick
It doesn't have that kind of consistency. It's not runny or crunchy, it's got the consistency of brownie but even stickier (if you miss a spot in the oatmeal crust, the filling practically glues that slice to the pan). It's like... you take a bite... and start chewing... and there's this upswelling of sugarsweetsaltySUGARSWEETSUGARSALTSUGARSALTBLAAgggghhhhh and then your fingers start to twitch.

figmentPez

Staff member
It didn't taste like custard.
Egg yolks, dairy, and corn starch, that's a custard. Though there's more butter than cream, so this is a ridiculously dense custard. Made even more dense by the fact that it's not just an oatmeal cookie crust, it's a crumb crust (which means more butter.)

Egg yolks, dairy, and corn starch, that's a custard. Though there's more butter than cream, so this is a ridiculously dense custard. Made even more dense by the fact that it's not just an oatmeal cookie crust, it's a crumb crust (which means more butter.)
When you put it that way, it almost sounds like redneck crème brûlée.

--Patrick

Pan seared duck with dutch gold potatoes cooked in duck fat.
No pics. It barely made it to the table before everyone dug in ;)

Just look at my last duck post. Same basic dish, but without all the sides.

Stew beef, apples, onions and beef stock are cooking down to tenderness. Will add the carrots, sausage and cabbage when it's ready. Hunter's stew in 90 minutes :D
1564177924755.png

1564177948320.png

I've had it before but it's pretty good. I kinda feel like the fries take away a bit from the rest of the sandwich but I'm glad to have it. They also had Barq's red cream soda which is super rare in my experience so that was a nice surprise.

Fried up some Beyond Meat burgers. I wouldn't say they taste like beef, but they're pretty good! They do have a bit of an aftertaste; it's not bad but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. They do develop a nice crust on the outside, which is a plus.

Fried up some Beyond Meat burgers. I wouldn't say they taste like beef, but they're pretty good! They do have a bit of an aftertaste; it's not bad but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. They do develop a nice crust on the outside, which is a plus.
When I had one at a local A&W (FYI for Americans: A&W in Canada is awesome. They've been different companies since the 70s, so ours is good, yours sucks ass), and my opinion was "I've had worse beef burgers, but it's not great." What it most compared to IMO was a beef burger that was like 50% filler. So similar to that. Not terrible like most vegetarian burgers, but not good either.

Our high school served these burgers that had to have been half soy and half prison grade beef. I miss them a lot ;)

Edit to be on topic: Tonight's dinner--leftovers.

leftoverssm.jpg