Whats for Dinner?

Beef pasty...like a beef pot pie (roast beef, gravy, potatoes, carrots, onion) but put in a pie crust and folded over, rather than in a pie tin. I'm jazzed about this one, because my homemade gravy (from the roast beef drippings) turned out. I usually suck at making gravy, so I bought gravy mix, just in case.

beef pasty 5 16 2017.jpg

It's not a pot pie nor an empanada. It's a pasty.
It's like Yooper stromboli, but filled with stew rather than pizza.

--Patrick

CTM was yummy. Probably shouldn't have tried to split it into two meals to have again for lunch this morning, because both times I was left wanting more. :(

While I was waiting for my order yesterday, I took a walk downtown and found multiple shops with doner/donair/kebab. Used to have none. Plotting today's dinner now. :D

Not for dinner, but after dinner I decided it was time for some cheesy crackers. That idea went tits up when I found bugs in my flour, so I had to switch to my self-rising flour, and went for cheesy buttermilk biscuits.
cheese biscuits.jpg

ATK has a cheese cracker recipe that I want to try, but I am too lazy. It's not too bad, but it's so much easier to go buy a box.

http://www.americastestkitchenfeed....3/how-to-make-homemade-cheese-snack-crackers/

Those biscuits look great, btw.
Thanks. They were almost excellent, but needed something pungent or smoky to offset the saltiness from the cheese. I think next time I'll drop the tsp of salt I added to the dough and add in some thinly sliced ham or some mustard seeds.

Thanks. They were almost excellent, but needed something pungent or smoky to offset the saltiness from the cheese. I think next time I'll drop the tsp of salt I added to the dough and add in some thinly sliced ham or some mustard seeds.
...or maybe some powdered ancho chilis.

--Patrick

Broiled salmon atop wilted baby spinach with garlic infused cannellini beans

Super easy to make. My wife loved it a ton. We had a friend over, and I made her a portion, and she said "Why is it every time I come over, your food looks like it's something you'd get at a restaurant." So I told her I didn't really know how to cook any other way.

I had chinese food for dinner tonight. I twas really good.
Garlic chicken, fried rice, chow mein, cream cheese wontons.

I Was lazy and just used some vegan cheese from Trader Joe's. It's made from soy, oil, and some other ingredients
I'd noticed that it has that slight tan tone that many vegan "cheeses" have. My wife uses it on her pizzas (and other stuff) when she's being really good about her Lupus diet.