Whats for Dinner?

I had little shrimp wontons, because I can't eat meat, and I made the kids grilled pork chops in our new weird grill thingy. We had jasmine rice and I tried to make cauliflower purée like they do on Master Chef. It was not Master Chef worthy lol. The rest was good though.

I'm now having bacon and laughing cow cheese sandwiches using the pocket sandwich insert.

I... what do you think shrimps are made of?
I can eat seafood, which I realize is meat, but for some reason it doesn't make me sick.

I started a new medication earlier this year and they warned me it would alter my taste buds. Most meat now tastes rancid to me now and I get sick while eating it. Sometimes even the smell of it cooking is enough to make me queasy. I had a pretty gross trial and error period right after I started the medication.

been good on carbs today, so...
Made 2 eggo waffles, put butter and a tiny bit of syrup.
Topped 1 with 2 fried eggs, and the other with cheese.

Smushed them together to make a sammich.

That shit was glorious.

I can eat seafood, which I realize is meat, but for some reason it doesn't make me sick.

I started a new medication earlier this year and they warned me it would alter my taste buds. Most meat now tastes rancid to me now and I get sick while eating it. Sometimes even the smell of it cooking is enough to make me queasy. I had a pretty gross trial and error period right after I started the medication.
Yeah, there are different types of meat, but i couldn't resist...

figmentPez

Staff member
Snapchat-1714559422.jpg

Found this at the grocery store recently, and I love it. So far I've had it in a wrap with turkey, cheese and sprouts, but I'm looking forward to putting it on many more things.

I'm going to do Steak Frites for the kids tonight and veggie stir fry Frites for me.

I'm going to try the grill plates on my new sandwich maker so we can use both parts of the oven for baking. I have no clue why the kids are begging me to bake, but I'm sort of terrified.

It doesn't look anywhere near as good as my mother's, but it's the right shape and colour and came out of the pan correctly. I fumbled it in the pan, I will probably never remember that my right hand can't grip things anymore lol, but it's bounce off the floor in its pan didn't seem to hurt it too badly. Some pieces did break off, but icing and camera angles were invented for that :)

Gyudon from my favorite Japanese restaurant. The beef is much less fatty than the typical Yoshinoya-style bowl, and the sauce has a different, saltier flavor. It's the version I grew up with, so I prefer it over Yoshinoya.

(There's no Yoshinoya restaurant within 2500 miles of me, but you can get their beef and onion in sauce packs at your local Asian market. Ajinomoto also sells a similar version for a bit less.)