What the hell, all the cool kids are doing it these days... ask me anything.

A super hot redhead in high heels walks up to you and asks if she can count on your support for Hillary Clinton. What do you do?

GasBandit

Staff member
Are there any books you read over and over again?
The hitchhiker's trilogy, obviously, the works of Raymond Feist set in Midkemia (Kelewan is dumb and lame), the Kingkiller chronicle, to name a few... but really, I've barely touched a book since Pauline died.

GasBandit

Staff member
None of them are sufficient.
[emoji117] [emoji108]
[emoji100]
[emoji90]

[emoji30] [emoji31] [emoji30] [emoji31] [emoji30] [emoji31] [emoji15] [emoji7] [emoji13] [emoji43] [emoji42]

[emoji48]

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Nope, they just aren't the right one. I'm picky and high maintenance.

[emoji107]

Last edited:
Which of your co-workers if they were removed from work would actually improve your work?

How many donuts have you eaten today?

Are you aware that redheads in yogi pants outnumber all other yogi pants wearers in my neighbourhood by 2:1?

If you took a vacation to Ireland would you come back?

Was Dave really drinking lemonade?

Fuck/Marry/Kill: Jessica Simpson/Kathy Bates/Wicket

What board games do you play?

What's your golf handicap?

Do you smoke?

How much bacon have you eaten in the last month?

Where are you tennis shoes?

When was the 2nd amendment written?

What is the biggest secret in radio?

Are DJ's really really ugly in general?

GasBandit

Staff member
Which of your co-workers if they were removed from work would actually improve your work?
Most of the sales force... our GM has a tendency to hire pretty but incompetent people to be in sales. Apart from that, we're actually shortstaffed - we need MORE people, not less.

How many donuts have you eaten today?
Zero! But I did eat an XL Kitkat bar, so I'm not being virtuous.

Are you aware that redheads in yogi pants outnumber all other yogi pants wearers in my neighbourhood by 2:1?
Is there a house for sale in your neighborhood?

If you took a vacation to Ireland would you come back?
Only if they made me.

Was Dave really drinking lemonade?
What Dave says is the truth.

Fuck/Marry/Kill: Jessica Simpson/Kathy Bates/Wicket
I don't think that's how that game is supposed to work.

What board games do you play?
Not so many any more. I like Cards Against Humanity. My family has a long relationship with Monopoly (my uncle Steve was New Mexico State Champion). When I was younger I liked Heroquest, Shogun, Risk, Diplomacy, Titan, Clue and Stratego. Also Othello, Pente, chinese checkers, and I dabbled in chess a little bit but was too ADD to do the contingency planning required to get good at it. I really like Omaha hold'em, but generally I don't win much at that, either.

What's your golf handicap?
I haven't played golf since college, and even then I was abysmal.

Do you smoke?
Tobacco? No. I did a little when I was young and foolish, but only when I was out drinking with the fellas. Marijuana? No. I tried it once. ONCE. Had a really bad experience. Felt my brain dying, like when you hold your breath underwater for too long and can't quite make it to the surface in time... but for 20 minutes straight. Then my friend threw me down a flight of stairs to land in front of a cop.

How much bacon have you eaten in the last month?
At least 48 strips.

Where are you tennis shoes?
On my living room floor.

When was the 2nd amendment written?
Uuhhhhhh... 1789, I think? Took a couple years to get it ratified, though.

What is the biggest secret in radio?
Everything is fake and it's all bullshit. It's all a massive, whirling bullshit engine powered by lies and falsehoods. Ratings, revenue, advertising, personality, it's all theatrics, fabrication, and creativity.

Are DJ's really really ugly in general?
The guys are, usually. Sometimes the female DJs are cute, but I've noticed that physical attractiveness and radio acumen seem to be inversely proportional. Most of the pretty people end up playing some ugly dude's second banana. It's just a fact of life that attractive folks don't have to work as hard to succeed at most things, but you can't see somebody on the radio, and thus their inabilities are laid bare unless they've got someone to carry them.

GasBandit

Staff member
Why are they even called tennis shoes? How many people use them to play tennis?!
Originally called Plimsolls, rubber-soled athletic shoes started a dramatic rise in popularity in the late 19th century at the same time as Tennis, which was invented around 1865. The sport required shoes with excellent gripping power, so plimsolls were naturally suited, and thus they started to be called tennis shoes.

What is the Sexingtonest part of your life?
... I'd have to say, "Posting on halforums." Unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

GasBandit

Staff member
I seriously never heard them called tennis shoes until I moved to Colorado.
Well, given that you're from the northeast...

73. What is your *general* term for the rubber-soled shoes worn in gym class, for athletic activities, etc.?
a. sneakers (45.50%)
b. shoes (1.93%)
c. gymshoes (5.55%)
d. sand shoes (0.03%)
e. jumpers (0.01%)
f. tennis shoes (41.34%)
g. running shoes (1.42%)
h. runners (0.17%)
i. trainers (0.23%)
j. I have no general word for this (0.89%)
k. other (2.95%)
(10722 respondents)

All Results

Choice a: sneakers

Choice b: shoes

Choice c: gymshoes

Choice d: sand shoes

Choice e: jumpers

Choice f: tennis shoes

Choice g: running shoes

Choice h: runners

Choice i: trainers

Choice j: I have no general word for this

Choice k: other
[DOUBLEPOST=1444175728,1444175597][/DOUBLEPOST]Or from a different poll...

What should I do about the computer sitting on my desk that won't power up past the disk check?

What should I go get to eat? I'm getting hungry, and kind of tired of this laptop on my lap.

GasBandit

Staff member
What should I do about the computer sitting on my desk that won't power up past the disk check?
You should start a thread in tech talk because this could be a long conversation. Be sure to note exactly at what point it locks. Does it finish the disk check? Does it beep? Is there a pattern to the beeps? Does it display any error message at all?

What should I go get to eat? I'm getting hungry, and kind of tired of this laptop on my lap.
Italian, or perhaps chinese. I could go for some chicken alfredo myself.

The term "tennis shoes" is an abomination and I will not abide by it. Obviously the exception is if they're specifically meant for tennis.

Anywhom, if you had to choose a different career path, which would it be?

Just had to back you up. When I was out in Missouri, I had numerous confused conversations about it. Like with the whole "pop vs soda" thing, I will know what you're talking about if you say either. When someone had to put on tennis shoes to play basketball I had no idea what was happening.

GasBandit

Staff member
Anywhom, if you had to choose a different career path, which would it be?
I kinda "fell in" to this one, I didn't intend to get into radio, I "chose" I.T. and it just worked out this way. My dream job is to sit at my workstation in a dark, cold room full of racks upon racks of blinking lights and never have to talk to anyone so long as the network was functioning properly.

But, assuming both I.T. and radio are off the table, I'd probably go with programming. Maybe be a game designer?

If I have to choose something outside the tech industry, though, which I think is probably most in the spirit of your question, I might have liked to be a pilot. My dad, my step-dad and 2 of my grandfathers were pilots. I've been soaring above this nation of ours since I could barely walk. I've flown and even landed planes, but never quite got around to getting my pilot's license.

You should start a thread in tech talk because this could be a long conversation. Be sure to note exactly at what point it locks. Does it finish the disk check? Does it beep? Is there a pattern to the beeps? Does it display any error message at all?

Italian, or perhaps chinese. I could go for some chicken alfredo myself.
It's actually a short conversation, the mother-board is fried. Now just hoping that I'll be able to salvage the memory and HDD.

I had Italian, or at least Italian inspired, never-ending pasta at Olive Garden.

My friends and I are watching horror movies over the course of the month and I think Texas Chainsaw Massacre is coming up soon. Have you seen it? I hear it's pretty scary.

Oh and have you seen The Thing? We saw that last night and I just realized something about it and wanted to ask someone what they thought about it.