What, no Pokemon Go thread?

Friendship level should stay the same after un-/re-friending, as long as it's done within a certain time frame. I think it's a couple weeks? Not sure.

Also @Celt Z sent requests to you and Li'l Z from the alt.

I want to say @drifter is right about the friendship levels. I think I did it with Klew last time, and we remained Best Friends.

EDIT: Yep, still works.

Last edited:

Start walking that Feebas, though I've heard the one you get from the task before maybe shiny so it might be worth waiting for it.

Last edited:
If anyone is grinding 7k eggs trying for a shiny regional, apparently the rate got changed from 1/50 to 1/150 the other day

Eh. Like, I can cheat the hell out of the Adventure Sync (and you can cheat it, HARD), and never see a shiny regional. I think I hatched at least 30 7k eggs last week and didn't see one. Which is fine for me, since I find Shiny to be super silly. Give me a 100 CP character any day over shiny.

Not a hundo hunter myself, as long as I can hit the final quick move breakpoint I'm happy. BTW I think you mean IV not CP. If you were at 100 CP there would be no need to power them up, as they'd already be at their max.

daily limit's 20, right? So I've opened about 80. (I've gotten a lot worse at opening my gifts in a timely fashion, but once or twice a week I'll go through them all)
I think he was referring to if you have space in your egg section, opening gifts will (usually) give you 7k eggs. Or you could have been oddly unlucky and none of the gifts gave you an egg?

daily limit's 20, right? So I've opened about 80. (I've gotten a lot worse at opening my gifts in a timely fashion, but once or twice a week I'll go through them all)
Is your Pokemon bag space generally full? If you open gifts with a full bag, you don't get eggs from gifts. I try and keep at least 5 open spots when opening gifts for eggs, it seems like there's some fuckery with bag counting when it's near full, although it might just be in my head.

Otherwise wow, that is crazy bad luck.

Turn on adventure sync, put the phone in your sock, and swing your leg back and forth. That will help free up some space.
I always keep my adventure sync on. I don't cheat it like that, but I will ocassionally go for a 5k run and find I've apparently only walked 0.3k

I opened another twenty gifts today with two egg slots free. Still zero 7k eggs.

I kinda get boned by these events a lot, I feel. The team rocket thing was going on for two weeks before I saw a corrupt pokestop. I saw one armoured Mewtwo raid in that entire month. Now this. And I NORMALLY get 7k eggs pretty frequently.

I always keep my adventure sync on. I don't cheat it like that, but I will ocassionally go for a 5k run and find I've apparently only walked 0.3k

I opened another twenty gifts today with two egg slots free. Still zero 7k eggs.

I kinda get boned by these events a lot, I feel. The team rocket thing was going on for two weeks before I saw a corrupt pokestop. I saw one armoured Mewtwo raid in that entire month. Now this. And I NORMALLY get 7k eggs pretty frequently.
That's why I do it. I figure I'm getting back all the steps it's screwed me out of ;)

Ok so the Taipei Safari Zone is nucking futs.

Firstly it's hot. There's a high of 34 degrees celcius (around 93 degrees in Freedom Units) today, plus plenty of sun and humidity.

Secondly it's crowded. The event started at 10am, I got to the park where the Safari Zone is taking place around 9:50, and the place was already pretty full of people. But after 10, people really started swarming in.

Thirdly it's full of pokestops and pokemon. Before I even got there, I could see tons of pokestops, all with lures:
Screenshot_20191003-094946_Pokmon GO.jpg

This meant that the density of pokemon was off the charts.
Screenshot_20191003-101834_Pokmon GO.jpg

I mean, look at this... imagine walking straight down this path, spinning and catching as you go:
Screenshot_20191003-111431_Pokmon GO.jpg

But that was nothing, nothing, compared to the density of the people:
20191003_111825resized.jpg
20191003_101123resized.jpg
20191003_114601resized.jpg

The sheer number of people there meant there were some rather wacky sights, such as excessive berries in gyms. For example, here's a pokemon that's received over four thousand berries in less than three hours:
Screenshot_20191003-114700_Pokmon GO.jpg

I spent about 2 hours in there, and caught a few Heracross, some Unowns, and snagged a shiny Lileep and Anorith. The event's going to continue for another four days, but I don't think I can be bothered to head back. Though if I go, I'd be able to try for some shinies I don't have yet, such as Yanma, Marill, Oddish, etc. I haven't decided yet.

Oh, and as I was leaving, I noticed an interesting phenomenon: Crowded as it was, virtually everyone was keeping off the grass. Everyone stayed on the footpaths. We may be Pokemon Go addicts, but we're not barbarians.
20191003_114941resized.jpg