What, no Pokemon Go thread?

Yup, I need one more friend, but will take more, have so much gifts to give away. It keeps refilling back to 10!
Did you get to that research task yet? I can just send an invite and you can wait to accept whenever you need it. User name Dakumi.

Yup, just got it and got the 60 Dratini candy. Which is good because I evolved the WRONG one the other day knowing I’d get more candies and have been stewing looking at the A level vs SS I lucked up on.

Dude, check the CP's sometimes. A Zubat kicked the crap out of my Dragonite because the CP on the Zubat was 3500.
Yep, it was something like 3000 or thereabouts. And that was just the first pokemon. The last one on the Rocket Grunt's team had a CP of over 9000.

Basically, high CP pokemon with type advantages are the only way to win.

Just did one tonight and it was brutal. Dratini, Dragonaire, and Dragonite. The Dratini had a CP of 3550 and the Dragonite 5500. I have squat for Ice pokemon, so had to make due with a Rhyperion and 2 Gyrados, barely beat them.

We let Li'l Z have his own Pokemon account so he can play along with us. If anyone wants to help an almost-7*-year-old out, his trainer code is 6001 5734 9860.

*He'll be 7 this coming Sunday. I can't handle it! :cry:
Post automatically merged:

Just did one tonight and it was brutal. Dratini, Dragonaire, and Dragonite. The Dratini had a CP of 3550 and the Dragonite 5500. I have squat for Ice pokemon, so had to make due with a Rhyperion and 2 Gyrados, barely beat them.
I've done that battle a few times. It's a bear. My saving grace was having 2 decent Laprases. (Laprasi?)

We let Li'l Z have his own Pokemon account so he can play along with us. If anyone wants to help an almost-7*-year-old out, his trainer code is 6001 5734 9860.

I've done that battle a few times. It's a bear. My saving grace was having 2 decent Laprases. (Laprasi?)

Yeah, not having any good Ice pokemon is brutal. I'm trying to get some Glaceon's and Mamoswine so I can take these things on easier. Just brutal!

Invite sent. I wonder if he remembers Uncle Bhamv? :D

I feel like a bag of fried crap that’s been dragged behind a truck and I may barf at any second....but it’s Ralts Day.
I've been excited for this community day all day and now it's looking like thunderstorms from 1-6. So far no rain, just a lot of noise, hoping it stays that way. Currently 1:34 here

Leg's been hurting lately so I only went around for a brief 20 minute walk. Got one shiny. I'd hoped to get at least two shinies, one male and one female, but oh well, I'd always known it'd be a long shot.

Clicked on a shiny right before the end of the event, turned non-shiny when I caught it :/

Not that big a deal since I caught a fair number of shinies, but still kind of a kick in the nards.

Every shiny I got yesterday was terrible. I sent every one of them to the candy factory. I'd rather have good IV's than a different color.

And on that note, this is one of the few where I thought "Yeah, this alternate color looks pretty good". Most of the Shiny Pokemon have terrible muted colors that don't enhance it at all.

There are a few where I'd genuinely have trouble telling they're shiny if they didn't have the star effect. Gengar, Blaziken, Pikachu/Raichu, Slaking, etc.

Slaking is particularly egregious because its pre-evolution Slakoth is so obviously shiny.

Last edited:
Sooooooo.... the new special research: are we going to unfriend and refriend each other again? If so, my friend code is 1333 3708 2115.

By the way, thank you anyone who friended Li'l Z! If anyone needs a friend this round (he needs 3 more for two special research missions), his code is 6001 5734 9860. @Bubble181 -if your friend's son still needs buddies, he should add Li'l Z.

Sooooooo.... the new special research: are we going to unfriend and refriend each other again? If so, my friend code is 1333 3708 2115.

By the way, thank you anyone who friended Li'l Z! If anyone needs a friend this round (he needs 3 more for two special research missions), his code is 6001 5734 9860. @Bubble181 -if your friend's son still needs buddies, he should add Li'l Z.
I'll get my wife to help.

Huh, so if you friend then re-friend them, I assume you get that first friend level again?