What, no Pokemon Go thread?

figmentPez

Staff member
"When you defeat the Gym Leader at a rival Gym, there will be a brief period of time where only you will be able to place a Pokémon in the open Gym."

Why wasn't this a feature from the very start?

Probably because they didn't realize other males would swoop in to mate with the female while the two main rivals were still fighting.

--Patrick

"When you defeat the Gym Leader at a rival Gym, there will be a brief period of time where only you will be able to place a Pokémon in the open Gym."

Why wasn't this a feature from the very start?
No, not necessarily.

...not that I've ever done it while other people were taking too long. :ninja:

I've swooped before. As far as I could tell, usually it's because the guy who defeated the gym was healing up his Pokemon.

It was a mixed emotion catch for sure! I saw the black blob on the little radar and then I saw him in the field and was excited only to have him be a baby. The weird part? He was dark orange to me even with a razz-berry and an ultra ball.

PSA: Thanksgiving event 23-30 November, double xp and dust.
Also, the last update included a "rebalance" to CP. Doesn't take effect on Pokemon you already have until you power them up. Some changes make sense, some... Not so much. Vaporeons got even stronger -.-

Does that mean my sad Dragonite might get better??
Not by much, I'm afraid.

Still, my Vaporeon gained about 200 CP from one power-up. Some Pokémon are seeing 500-800 CP jumps when boosted. On the other hand, some actually decrease when you power them up - don't boost Hypno, mine lost 90 CP.

I'm afraid you'll just have to cuddle and train and force-feed your ickly little Dragonitey 'till she's enormous.

I'm seeing the updated CP values without having trained any of my Pokemon. Looks like the new values are being implemented on all Pokemon now.

Exeggutor is still my biggest poke, though my collection of six big Gengars all got a nice boost. I also had six big Pinsirs, which are all much more impressive now too. On the other hand, my Vileplume and Victreebel both fell in CP, which kinda sucks, because they were starters in my gym team.

Though Beedrill got a nice boost, which means Project Best Bloody Beedrill is still ongoing!

EDIT: I'm reading that Gyarados, Dragonite, and Snorlax all got buffs. But... why? They're already the three most common gym Pokemon around here, how does buffing them help with rebalance?

Last edited:
Just updated my app, Vaporeon jumped by quite a bit, others changed too. Looking forward to another event, also loving the 7 day bonus thing too.

Apparently Ditto's been released. He'll show up as a random Pokemon on your world map, but after you catch him he'll transform into Ditto.

I'm not sure higher-CP Pokémon actually got stronger, or it's just the displayed numbers that have been tweaked to better reflect relative strength. Vaporeon, Snorlax, Dragonite and Gya were all relatively strong for their CP, as defenders.

So does everyone have that nearby feature that was in beta for a while?
Mine changed with the last update to the app.

Also, had an AWESOME catch and bonus today, just a regular Evee, but collected 1400 dust and got a total of 1230xp. Can't wait for Sunday, that will be day 7 on my current streak and should result in about 6200 dust for the first catch.

Mine changed with the last update to the app.

Also, had an AWESOME catch and bonus today, just a regular Evee, but collected 1400 dust and got a total of 1230xp. Can't wait for Sunday, that will be day 7 on my current streak and should result in about 6200 dust for the first catch.
Just went back on and the sightings are there and no "nearby" weird.

Isn't Ditto permanent now?

I got so ticked when Mr. Z got his Ditto first. He only started playing >3 weeks ago! We tried to catch the same Rattata, but mine ran away. Oh well, at least mine's a higher level.

Taken from the post office parking lot. So I went to the water tower around the corner and sure enough, there they all were. Snorlax ran away on me that bastard.
image.png

I haven't quite decided yet whether or not I like the new system. My "nearby" is constantly flooded with 7/8 Rattatas and 2/3 Pidgeys, and in the meantime it's not showing rare(r) Pokémon standing right next to me.

My current top Pokémon and the best two Dittos I've found (I've scrapped the rest).

Not too horrible, but I see other people at the same level (25 atm) with waaaay higher Pokémon and I really wonder how....Guess it's partially because I really can't get/stay in a gym. Oh well. I'm happy I finally have a Ninetails, they're be-yuuutiful :)

Screenshot_2016-12-06-15-42-14.png Screenshot_2016-12-06-15-42-23.pngScreenshot_2016-12-06-15-42-31.png
Screenshot_2016-12-06-15-42-02.png