What, no Pokemon Go thread?

The only decent nest nearby has turned into a friggin' Zubat nest. Who the F*** wants a ZUBAT nest?! And the other one fairly nearby has become a Seel nest - which I'd like, if I hadn't just spent the last 40 kilometers walking around with Seel. -_-

There was a nest spot in Flushing Meadows that was a Charmander nest (which I missed), then a Squirtle nest, then a Magmar nest... and when I finally got a chance to bring Mr. Z, it was a Spearow nest. Why Spearow?? You can get those things everywhere! Waste of a nest!

Last edited:
We live on the coast. Royal we as the city is on the coast but I catch quite a few Squirtles. I never see charmanders. Not even nearby. I have no idea where to find them.

We live on the coast. Royal we as the city is on the coast but I catch quite a few Squirtles. I never see charmanders. Not even nearby. I have no idea where to find them.
I'm sure there'll eventually be an eagle Pokémon to carry you to safety after going to catch one in its natural habitat.

Squirtles are few and far-between on our part of the coast. Since the game started i have found and caught 1 Charmander. Dreams of a Charizard died long ago.

Saw a Snorlax on the map, couldn't reach him in time. Went to the store, tried to comfort myself with a charmander and porygon caught along the way. Sat down to eat, looked up, saw something a bit bigger nearby...

Caught my first Lapras today! Wheee!

Considering I'm completely out of Pokeballs due to the PLETHORA of absolutely everything compared to where I used to live, is there a place near here where you can park your car, hang out for an hour, and just keep re-freshing 2-3 stops while being stationary? I figured I'll take my tablet with a few tv shows or something.

Adding to my pain: my work is a Gym, but no stops in range. So I could theoretically battle all day long at work, but no stop. I'd rather have the stop, then I could re-fresh my supply all day long. But NOOOO. :(

is there a place near here where you can park your car, hang out for an hour, and just keep re-freshing 2-3 stops while being stationary?
Plenty of Pokéstop maps out there with all stops listed, should be easy enough to search around your area for a good spot. If you were here I could show some spots where you can hit 5 stationary, then walk 1 minute to another five and back, getting a 10-stop bonus every time.... Try https://www.pokemongomap.info/ for example.

Considering I'm completely out of Pokeballs due to the PLETHORA of absolutely everything compared to where I used to live, is there a place near here where you can park your car, hang out for an hour, and just keep re-freshing 2-3 stops while being stationary? I figured I'll take my tablet with a few tv shows or something.

Adding to my pain: my work is a Gym, but no stops in range. So I could theoretically battle all day long at work, but no stop. I'd rather have the stop, then I could re-fresh my supply all day long. But NOOOO. :(
We could meet for poke-coffee lol :)[DOUBLEPOST=1481927954,1481927857][/DOUBLEPOST]There is a park near the hospital where my pain clinic is that has tons of stops. When it's nicer out, I could hang out after my appointment.

My cousin has almost all of the new baby Pokémon that can be hatched. I haven't had any luck with those but I did hatch this guy:

IMG_9616.PNG

I evolved these guys:
IMG_9632.PNG

IMG_9631.PNG

IMG_9633.PNG

Just evolved...

Also finally some movement on the Charmander front, finally seeing them in the wild due to the increased instance rate for companion Pokémon.

This guy hatched while I was driving through the McDonalds drive through lol!!

Pretty much the exact opposite of what the game designers had in mind eh?

IMG_9640.PNG

I'm kinda jealous of Mr. Z; he doesn't want any of the pre-evolutions and he's managed to get a Pichu, Magby, Igglybuff and Cleffa. I've gotten 2 Elekids and a lot of junk Pokemon. When is this game going to allow trading?!

But I did just hatch my 1st Porygon and I'm one catch away from a Charizard, so I guess that's something. *grumble, grumble*

Still don't have a single baby :(
Haven't seen a 10k egg since level 11, either. Sigh. I've been told they exist, really they do...

Got a stupid Pinsir from a 10k egg that was weaker than a wild-caught one. Only other 10k egg had a Snorlax.

My 10k eggs have had the Elwood above, a Hitmonchan, a Snorlax and a Kabuto. The Kabuto would have been awesome if I hadn't caught one a few days before.

As I've mentioned, Mr. Z plays Pokemon Go now, but his phone is jail-broken, so he plays on my old phone. He also collects a zillion Pidgeys, Rattatas, Weedles...basically garbage Pokemon, waiting for the next Double-XP event. His strategy is doing all his evolving then, plus a lucky egg, which last time let him jump from Level 13 to Level 20 in a 1/2 hour.

What he has learned is that he shouldn't leave his Poke-phone at home with me. :D
pidgey01.jpg pidgey02.jpg pidgey03.jpg pidgey04.jpg pidgey05.jpg pidgey06.jpg

Oh, and just because I can...
weedle01.jpg

Me in July: "This game is fun, but I probably won't be playing much in the winter. It's too damn cold to be walking around looking for imaginary monsters."

Me tonight: *walks up the street in close to a foot of snow to make sure I don't miss my 6-day Catch/Spin-streak bonus*

:facepalm:

I activated Pokemon Go a few times when I had wifi in Canada. The differences in Pokemon spawned is remarkable. For example, Magnemites are very rare in Taiwan, but I was able to catch enough in Canada over just a few days to evolve a Magneton. I also managed to catch a Tauros, which is a North America exclusive.

There are Magnemites all over the place in the stores and their parking lots in our big box store place.

I struggled with what to call it lol. Mall? Outdoor Mall? Costco and friends?