What, no Pokemon Go thread?

I'm 25 as well and you've got quite a few more very powerful Pokemon than I do. I tend to focus on just a few and build them up. I've seen ridiculously high powered Pokemon guarding gyms attached to lower levels though as well.

Thank you! I wish I could raise 'em up a bit, but I don't have the candies. I think he could be raised two more times yet this level. :)

Did you see my sad little one in this thread recently? I was so excited to see his shadow on the list of nearby Pokemon and I drove around a bit to find him and then there he was on my screen! I clicked him and he was the tiniest Dragonite ever. My Ditto was a baby too! The RNG poke-gods are laughing at me!

I just hit Level 25 tonight (hooray!) and while my numbers aren't as amazing as Krisken, I'm happy with my haul. (Seriously, Kirsken, those are awesome!)

Screenshot_20161206-213724.pngScreenshot_20161206-213806.png Screenshot_20161206-213839.png
Screenshot_20161206-214530.png

I *know* the new version is out, and yet, despite clearing the app store cache and google services cache, it still won't display the 0.49 update for me. Grrr.

Man, using pokehunt is sometimes just plain bad for your health. Showed me a 96% iv lapras, disappears in 6 minutes, a little over a mile away... Didn't catch it, did have about half a heart attack, I'd say.

What's that? A dratini, grimer and machope? A little over two miles, 20 minutes? But my sides still hurt... But I can do that... Sigh.... Fine, you can stay, for now.

Yeah , yeah, I know...Those things are really handy whe ncrossing the Brussels Grand Place, all covered in tourists and christmas market stands.

Anyway, I assume everyone's heard about the new update? Starting now, it's possible to get Pichu and Togepi (and "select others" - probably a couple of other prevolutions) from eggs (probably only eggs collected starting now, though). Also, there's rare Pikachu with christmas hats on.

....And that's it for the Christmas event. I really wonder who the heck makes up the PoGo events, Christmas is kind of a bigger thing, internationally, than Thanksgiving or Halloween.

Australians and Brazilians, I suppose :p

But yeah, all in all, I think it's a badly thought out event. "Lots more walking" would've made more sense for trick-or-treating around Halloween,with Christmas being extra gifts - extra candy.

You can see which ones were added (besides Togepi) in the Pokédex. Elekid (can evolve into Electabuzz), Pichu (Pikachu), Cleffa (Clefairy), Smoochum (Jynx), Igglybuff (Jigglypuff) and whatever the baby magmar is called.

Pichu is a worthless Pokemon and shouldn't exist. Unfortunately, I have the same feeling about all the "pre-evolutions"

Pichu is a worthless Pokemon and shouldn't exist. Unfortunately, I have the same feeling about all the "pre-evolutions"
Yup. I already have all the high-CP/IV Jynx, Wigglytuff and Electabuzz I want (no great Magmars, though). No reason for me to ever bother evolving their babies, and hatching them is, besides the first one, useless. And Pichu especially is useless considering even Raichu is still fairly underpowered and unused in battles.

1. Change subscription type with your provider
2. Get new SIM for your phone
3. See not one, but two Dratini's at a 5 minute walk from your house
4. Find out your provider decided *this* was a good moment to make you change SIMcards and cut off your access for half an hour
5. Weep silently.

-_-

Unrelated question: has Tauros (or whatever other regional you have) become more prevalent lately? I didn't find a single mr Mime in the first two months, but they're now fairly "normal", to the point where I don't even bother to catch them fairly often (because they're like Pidgeots - fairly high CP and annoying to catch, but not upgradeable and with types of candy I don't really need). Just wondering.

Last edited:
I didn't see a single Farfetch'd for the first few months of playing, but now I'll see them on my sightings maybe once or twice a week.

The amount of Tauroses (Taurosi?) we have around here is ridiculous, and it's definitely a recent thing. Mr. Z starting playing about a month and 1/2 ago, and most of his team is Tauros...es.

(The Book of Life joke: he has so many, at my suggestion, he started naming them after all the Sanchez men, because "one bull is for cowards!")

I wouldn't be too concerned, I've run into 3 of the little suckers already and I'm not really trying. I'm sure you'll see a few more yet.