What are you playing?

Dave

Staff member
I played this for a guy here at work last week. He'd never seen it. And yes, he's close to my age. So no excuses. He said he made it like 30 seconds in before shutting it off.

Due to the generosity of one Nick Guy (by the way, thanks again, man), I am playing Sleeping Dogs. Haven't played much yet, only about 30 minutes into the game, but so far I'm definitely liking it. The setting and atmosphere are deliciously Asian, the combat makes me feel like a modern kung fu master, and the storyline is piquing my interest so far.

Seriously, the combat is so much fun. It's great finishing a fight and surveying your handiwork... there's one guy slammed head-first into a stereo speaker, one guy crushed under a sliding door, two guys thrown through a plate glass window, one guy thrown into a vending machine, and three other guys lying broken and unconscious on the ground as a result of good old fashioned fisticuffs.

Dave

Staff member
But the guy has so many followers now. That's the real important part. ;)
I'm really at an impasse right now. I've made affiliate so the next step is Partner. And Partner is really, REALLY hard to get. You need 75 concurrent viewers as an average for a 30 day period. I'm at like 5. So the number of followers - while nice - isn't the metric I would need. I know that one follows the other, but I am worried more about having fun than I am getting viewers.

GasBandit

Staff member
And it's tough to get up too, because it's not something you can overcome just with streaming effort alone... you can hurt yourself on that metric by streaming MORE, if fewer people tune in to the more numerous streams, your metric goes down. I'm sitting at 0.5 average viewers, myself.

Gah, it's been so long since there was a proper Ace Combat (11 years by the way). I am so ready for a new one. Tomorrow God damn it.

Gah, it's been so long since there was a proper Ace Combat (11 years by the way). I am so ready for a new one. Tomorrow God damn it.

It's good... but it does have a lot of one thing I hate: timed, minimum score missions. Early on, those bombing runs are HARD.

More Sleeping Dogs.

I learned today that if you tackle people while wearing a cop outfit, you'll automatically handcuff them. Naturally, this has led to me creating streets full of cuffed, wriggling pedestrians.

20190131175107_1.jpg

GasBandit

Staff member
More Sleeping Dogs.

I learned today that if you tackle people while wearing a cop outfit, you'll automatically handcuff them. Naturally, this has led to me creating streets full of cuffed, wriggling pedestrians.

This reminds me of how I used to play Gender Wars back in the 90s. The first mission, the VERY first male mission, is a "raid for sex slaves." The objective is to send your squad into female territory with stasis guns and zap any 4 females, be they soldiers or civilians, and drag the stasis-bubbled women back to the elevator to send up to the waiting retrieval squad.

You only need 4.

But the level doesn't end until you actually take your squad back up the elevator, too. And Stasis guns have unlimited ammo (it's just that a gun cannot keep one more than one bubble up at a time, so with 4 squad members, you can only bubble 4 targets at once).

So, it's possible to stasis-bubble and drag-to-elevator....

Every.

Single.

Woman.

On the map.

I don't think I ever made it past the second mission, because I just kept replaying the first one over and over again, trying to abduct literally every single woman on the map, from every pink-and-cyan-skirt-wearing thot in the disco to the super duper dangerous commander lady in the military installation. Stasis gun DGAF if you got foot-thick body armor or not, one shot and you in da bubble. Stupidly OP.

I had to imagine that, at some point, the retrieval squad was like "DUDE IT'S BEEN HOURS, we're running out of room in the APCs and we're all getting really hungry, let's just goooooooooo"

GasBandit

Staff member
Had I known you were going to actually upload your recording, I would have sent you mine so you could merge it
Eh, the video was already long enough. In fact, the Dead and Buried one is more than twice as long as most people will put up with.

GasBandit

Staff member
How would putting my video in with your video make it longer? ??????????
Ah, I misunderstood, I thought you meant to pick up the slack when I stopped recording because of framerate issues.

Yeah, side by side would have been neat. Maybe one of these times we should try streaming to my stream combiner again, and see how that goes. Probably a disaster but we could try.

Ah, I misunderstood, I thought you meant to pick up the slack when I stopped recording because of framerate issues.

Yeah, side by side would have been neat. Maybe one of these times we should try streaming to my stream combiner again, and see how that goes. Probably a disaster but we could try.
Just get a second computer and a capture card :p