What are you playing?

I'm dreading Fume Knight without jolly cooperation. It sucks how much I miss the multiplayer, irritating invaders and all.

I hate Dark Souls 2.

It's a shit game with shit combat, shit level designs, shit graphics, good music, shit items (why are there 2000 healing items, why?) and worst of all, shit bosses (lots of them, mostly shit).

I just finished with Iron Keep and I think I'm done. I just don't like this game.

My favourite part is the slow stunlocks. The game is molasses slow so it's super fun to sit there and watch two enemies stagger stun you for what feels like 20 straight minutes while you can do literally nothing but mash roll and hope you don't (you will) die.

Last edited:
Finally got a vita with cfw but until I get an sd card reader I can't put anything larger than 1GB on it. For now it's a treat to be able to play gran turismo 2 anywhere with two analog sticks :3

Trying to play Dark Souls with a fucking keyboard and mouse is a nightmare. Holy. Effing. Shit.

lol, I'm not beating Dark Lurker with a KB+M.

edit - I immediately beat him, then died to a random shlub outside of the entrance because I didn't notice I was out of spells and got slaughtered.

Last edited:
I really want to get it, but I'm trying not to buy new games lately.

Of course, if someone were to buy it for me, they could have their pick of anything from my Steam keys list. Literally, anything, even multiple keys even if it's not a fair trade value.
I miss being able to just buy whatever game I wanted, but I sleep better at night now I guess.

From watching someone play on their stream, it inverts the controls when the bag is on the cat's head.
Yeah, it does, that was my video. That's why you see me take a half second to get used to that and run into the pillar :p.

It's honestly a great game just to explore and play around in, independent of being a pretty engaging physics puzzler.

I quit Dark Souls 2 into the DLC. I just didn't want to play it anymore.

Playing Dark Souls 3 now. It's....very fast. If you skip the Bloodborne step it's a huge shock.

Dark Souls 3 is fun and it's shocking how easily I blasted through the first portion of the game I remembered struggling so much with.

Now I'm at the Cathedral of the Deep and I've been oh so slightly nudged off of the rafters to my death about a half dozen times now. Oh, ho ho hoooooo, Dark Souls, oooooh, I outta......

Stray (Steam)

I love me an atmospheric cat game.
I'm maybe an hour in at this point, because I get motion sick really easy.
The opening may have made my tear up a bit.
But it's beautiful. And there's a meow button. And you can scratch things.
And I'm going to go hug my cats now.
20220726_171444.jpg

figmentPez

Staff member
I just rage uninstalled A Boy and His Blob

This game is cute, starts off with some decent puzzles, but the controls are absolute shit, and there are boss fights that require fast action. I was starting to get frustrated at puzzles that requiring tight timing, but the slime-bird boss just pissed me off too much. This was good as a puzzle game, but dodging boss projectiles while trying to do tasks that lock you into animations is annoying. Especially when the boss starts throwing stuff at you without enough time in between to actually do anything.

I wanted to like this game, I really did, but the designers just have no idea how to make a boss puzzle.

I just rage uninstalled A Boy and His Blob

This game is cute, starts off with some decent puzzles, but the controls are absolute shit, and there are boss fights that require fast action. I was starting to get frustrated at puzzles that requiring tight timing, but the slime-bird boss just pissed me off too much. This was good as a puzzle game, but dodging boss projectiles while trying to do tasks that lock you into animations is annoying. Especially when the boss starts throwing stuff at you without enough time in between to actually do anything.

I wanted to like this game, I really did, but the designers just have no idea how to make a boss puzzle.
Are we talking about the terrible remake?

I have a question for Stray players please.

Is there cat death? Is it a super sad game?

You can be downed but it's not graphic necessarily. Your screen goes redder as these blobby parasite like creatures attach themselves to you until you eventually drop from there being too many. That looks like the below on screen.

1658943042369.png

And there are a few scripted moments in game that I've come across so far where you land hard and your cat will limp briefly that always make me sad.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3

I'm in the first third of Chapter 3 and the game is everything I expected to be. I'm really enjoying the gameplay, the fights and characters.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3

I'm in the first third of Chapter 3 and the game is everything I expected to be. I'm really enjoying the gameplay, the fights and characters.
Did you play Xenoblade Chronicles 1&2?Were they fun? I am thinking about starting those two, but that is a large time investment.

2 is annoying. That's the best I can say about it. Voice actors, character design, random enemies 120 levels above you in starting areas and there is a massive, massive glitch (or there was when I played 60 hours of this fucking game) that will corrupt your save file.

Did you play Xenoblade Chronicles 1&2?Were they fun? I am thinking about starting those two, but that is a large time investment.
2 is annoying. That's the best I can say about it. Voice actors, character design, random enemies 120 levels above you in starting areas and there is a massive, massive glitch (or there was when I played 60 hours of this fucking game) that will corrupt your save file.
I played 1and 2 and liked both. But I have to agree with @Frank in some parts. You will probably enjoy XB1 more than XB2. XB2 can be annoying for the reasons above. The english voice acting is bad and it feels they didn't get any direction to work with. The best solution for this was downloading the japanese voice file (it's a free download) and never looking back. The game can feel sluggish at times and the textures need a bit of loading time. One thing he didn't mentioned what many feel is a big annoying thing is the gatcha game mechanic of drawing Blades and the field abilities. In this game you don't buy weapons you get personefied weapons called "Blades" by resonate with core crystals you can find in the game. However you never know what you get. Either regular common blades or unique blades designed by different artist.

One point I have to disagree with is the high level enemies in the starting area. None of the encounters are random. Every enemy is placed on purpose by the designers. Like many modern RPG you see what you fight. If the level is too high you just stay away and try to walk around. High level enemies are also in XB 1 by the way. For many it's a rite of passage for new players to get squashed by the unique enemies like Territorial Rotbart or Immovable Gonzalez. The first time I played XB1 on the Wii Territorial Rotbart killed me. After that I stayed the hell away from enemies like him. But death is cheap in the Xenoblade Chronicles games.

Dark Souls 3 Cinders mod which upends the game a great deal. You start in Firelink. There's tons of new NPCs offering new covenants and items and such and you have to unlock the door to the original first boss (Iudex Gundyr) whom in the original 3, you had to beat before being allowed into Firelink.

He's now called Corrupted Gundyr and well, this is about how my first encounter went:

"Corrupted Gundyr eh? Well, he seems mostly the same. Huge HP buff. And HOLY SHIT SHIT SHIT OH SHIT HOLY SHIT."

He's faster and shoots curse lasers.

Cinders fucking rules so hard. It turns Dark Souls 3 into an insane funhouse. I would never recommend this mod for first time play but otherwise this is the way to play Dark Souls 3. I have a pocket Solaire! I got invaded by a dude from Bloodborne, then he joined Firelink and sold me Bloodborne weapons and turned my dodge roll into a Bloodborne dash. Poise! Fucking poise! The ability to refight any boss you want (something sorely missing since Dark Souls 2).

Cinders may be the best mod ever.

Last edited:
@Dave
I see you have Symphony of War on steam. Can you give me your opinion on it?
After finishing FE: 3 Houses i have a itch, that i hope this game might scratch.

Dave

Staff member
@Dave
I see you have Symphony of War on steam. Can you give me your opinion on it?
After finishing FE: 3 Houses i have a itch, that i hope this game might scratch.
It's a really decent game that you can completely fuck yourself if you don't set up your units right. For example, right now I'm on mission #9 and I just can't get past it. I'm even save scumming. But there's a part of the mission to protect some suicidal AI that has horses and just goes way faster into the enemy than you can block. Stupid AI.

Other than that it's a pretty fun little game. It's auto combat, but you can tell what attacks are going to be done so it's not THAT onerous. The way combat is, though. means that sometimes you have to attack first when you'd rather hang back a bit and let the AI commit.

Worth it for the low price point.