What are you playing?

Super Mario Party is the first Mario Party game I've liked since the GameCube era.

And having just taken the GameCube out of storage since we now have space for it, I realize just how long ago that was.

Super Mario Party is the first Mario Party game I've liked since the GameCube era.

And having just taken the GameCube out of storage since we now have space for it, I realize just how long ago that was.
I really wish you could play the board game online and not just the mini games.

Dave

Staff member
Hey, Gas! When playing Killing Floor 2, which corner of my monitor can I cover safely without obscuring something important? I need to set up my chatty.

Hey, Gas! When playing Killing Floor 2, which corner of my monitor can I cover safely without obscuring something important? I need to set up my chatty.
Upper Right probably. As long as you don't care about seeing what you kill.

20181022095332_1.jpg

GasBandit

Staff member
The top right corner.

Current wave info is on the top left, Health/Armor/Exp bar are on the bottom left, Ammo and Dosh are on the bottom right. But the top right is relatively empty. Only thing that pops up there is title and artist info for the current song playing in the soundtrack.

Also you don't want to set anything up in the center bottom, because that's where status notifications pop up.

Edit: Ninja'd by Dei!

GasBandit

Staff member
Just a handy tip for some people that might be so interested, there's a site called multitwitch.tv, where you can supply the names of multiple twitch streamers and watch them all simultaneously.

For example, if you go to multitwitch.tv, click "change streams, and then put in gasbandit, annadei, and crankyolddave, you'd get this setup:

1540227042910.png

Might be of interest, if and when several of us end up playing/streaming the same game, if I'm not already multistreaming like I have been with Dei when we are playing Stardew Valley multiplayer. For example, tonight Dave wants to play KF2...

Edit: oh, you can also create a URL to do it all automatically, for example, http://multitwitch.tv/gasbandit/annadei/crankyolddave

How did FF15 take 10 fucking years? Other than my own joke about modelling food.

This is BARELY a game. This is like an early MMO for one person. Quests make old school vanilla WoW quests seem involved and nuanced.

This game is bad. It might actually be the worst non-MMO Final Fantasy.

The combat, Jesus. It makes Kingdom Hearts combat seem complex. At least Sora and co had more to do than just spam regular attacks.

I'm glad I only spent 20 bucks on it. Thanks GMG.

Last edited:
Going to start SOMA tonight. Fully plan on turning on god mode so I can enjoy the story/atmosphere without having to cower waiting for things to walk by.

Going to start SOMA tonight. Fully plan on turning on god mode so I can enjoy the story/atmosphere without having to cower waiting for things to walk by.
For what it's worth, the monsters played a very small role in the game, and I don't think I ever had to spend more than a minute or two avoiding one.

GasBandit

Staff member
I didn't stream or record it, but last night Dei, Snuffles, Charon and I managed to achieve the most difficult task in Killing Floor 2's halloween event - getting through round 25 of endless mode on hard difficulty in the new Monster Bash map.

The closest call was on round 23, we had a near total-party-wipe. It was an "Up, up, and decay!" round, which means that doing damage to monsters causes them to inflate like balloons until they float away, but if you stop doing damage, they deflate, regenerating their HP. This makes the large, high HP monsters like Scrakes and Fleshpounds even more dangerous than they are normally (and they can often be game-enders even without enhancement). Without a firebug or medic to do damage over time and stop them from regenerating, things can get ugly real fast in up, up, and decay. We had a medic, but Dei died, and so did Snuffles and Charon, leaving me last man standing with 47 monsters still to kill, many of which were the big baddies.

As a berserker, I was at a bit of a disadvantage because my ranged damage from my best weapon (the Eviscerator buzzsaw launcher), while normally considered high damage and bursty, has a long delay between shots as new sawblades are loaded (sort of like a crossbow) and a considerably long reload time after its magazine of 5 blades are expended. That meant that the scrakes and especially the fleshpounds were getting time to regenerate health.

It took me about 20 minutes of kiting and fleeing for my life to whittle down the trash mobs, then deal with the not-quite-as-high-hp Scrakes. The problem was the last two monsters were both full-fledged-and-enraged fleshpounds. Scrakes would go down with a few headshots from the blades, but to kill a fleshpound at this level meant I had to get headshots with all 5 blades in the magazine, then immediately jump in to melee and hope he dies first. This is not always a given because facetanking a Fleshpound - even as a level 20+ berserker, even under normal rules - is usually an express ticket to a pine box. Normally meleeing a fleshpound means you gotta leap in, do as much damage as fast as you can in hopes to cause him to stagger, then get clear before he recovers and counterattacks. But that wasn't an option, thanks to the round's special rules about regenerating while not taking damage.

It was maximum buttpucker factor, and I got down under 20% health a number of times and hand to flee to heal and reload before trying again, but I managed to finally pull it off, and the next two rounds were a cakewalk by comparison (since all dead players return to life between waves), even when it gave us the Abomination for a boss on round 25.

Victory is sweet indeed.

I didn't stream or record it, but last night Dei, Snuffles, Charon and I managed to achieve the most difficult task in Killing Floor 2's halloween event - getting through round 25 of endless mode on hard difficulty in the new Monster Bash map.

The closest call was on round 23, we had a near total-party-wipe. It was an "Up, up, and decay!" round, which means that doing damage to monsters causes them to inflate like balloons until they float away, but if you stop doing damage, they deflate, regenerating their HP. This makes the large, high HP monsters like Scrakes and Fleshpounds even more dangerous than they are normally (and they can often be game-enders even without enhancement). Without a firebug or medic to do damage over time and stop them from regenerating, things can get ugly real fast in up, up, and decay. We had a medic, but Dei died, and so did Snuffles and Charon, leaving me last man standing with 47 monsters still to kill, many of which were the big baddies.

As a berserker, I was at a bit of a disadvantage because my ranged damage from my best weapon (the Eviscerator buzzsaw launcher), while normally considered high damage and bursty, has a long delay between shots as new sawblades are loaded (sort of like a crossbow) and a considerably long reload time after its magazine of 5 blades are expended. That meant that the scrakes and especially the fleshpounds were getting time to regenerate health.

It took me about 20 minutes of kiting and fleeing for my life to whittle down the trash mobs, then deal with the not-quite-as-high-hp Scrakes. The problem was the last two monsters were both full-fledged-and-enraged fleshpounds. Scrakes would go down with a few headshots from the blades, but to kill a fleshpound at this level meant I had to get headshots with all 5 blades in the magazine, then immediately jump in to melee and hope he dies first. This is not always a given because facetanking a Fleshpound - even as a level 20+ berserker, even under normal rules - is usually an express ticket to a pine box. Normally meleeing a fleshpound means you gotta leap in, do as much damage as fast as you can in hopes to cause him to stagger, then get clear before he recovers and counterattacks. But that wasn't an option, thanks to the round's special rules about regenerating while not taking damage.

It was maximum buttpucker factor, and I got down under 20% health a number of times and hand to flee to heal and reload before trying again, but I managed to finally pull it off, and the next two rounds were a cakewalk by comparison (since all dead players return to life between waves), even when it gave us the Abomination for a boss on round 25.

Victory is sweet indeed.
Last night I learned that even as the medic, if someone is going somewhere dumb I shouldn't go near them. :p Also that if I'm Last Man Standing and I only mostly know the map, I should expect merciless mocking from the people who keep dying by backing into corners every round. (Gas is excepted)

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night I learned that even as the medic, if someone is going somewhere dumb I shouldn't go near them. :p Also that if I'm Last Man Standing and I only mostly know the map, I should expect merciless mocking from the people who keep dying by backing into corners every round. (Gas is excepted)
Snuffles does love to find corners to stand in, doesn't he :p

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm weak. I spent 5 bucks to buy 100 KF2 Halloween treat tickets. (enough to get 20 items).

Hopefully one of them is the pirate costume or clot backpack I want so much.

GasBandit

Staff member
I take a little solace in the fact that my 5 dollars went to other players (5 cents each, per ticket) instead of to LootBoxCo Ltd :p

I've played league constantly since...2013? I don't mind throwing them a bit every now and then.

Most expensive free game ever though, even if it's by choice.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've played league constantly since...2013? I don't mind throwing them a bit every now and then.

Most expensive free game ever though, even if it's by choice.
I got a buddy who was an early backer of Mechwarrior Online, and he's spent like 900 dollars on mechs.

But KF2 is different, it was a full price premium game (though it's on sale now for 10 bux). I still have to fight the urge to shell out money for emote animations.

And yeah, I bought a skin or two in LOL and DCUO :p But at least that's paying for the exact thing you want, instead of fuckin lootboxes.

Yes...hah hah, absolutely, only $900...of course...one or two...

Screenshot_20181026-141531_Instagram.jpg

That's also 10 months old...it's over 300 now...

Ok, YOU, my friend, have a problem :p
It is known...I've long taken the credit card off the account.

To be faiiiir, many of those since then are from the ones you can now get just by playing and making use of their honor system and behaving like a human as opposed to the other hate demons that exist in that game.

And further, if I do cost/minute played I've spent roughly a cent/minute. I'm not upset with that at all.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha, you guys and your petty microtransactions. I'm friends with a guy who has spent countless thousands on Star Citizen ships (including buying me and another friend the inital several hundred dollar kickstarter package).

I have a hangar with 4-5 ships thanks to this man's illness.

He has, without a doubt, HUNDREDS.

Ha ha ha, you guys and your petty microtransactions. I'm friends with a guy who has spent countless thousands on Star Citizen ships (including buying me and another friend the inital several hundred dollar kickstarter package).

I have a hangar with 4-5 ships thanks to this man's illness.

He has, without a doubt, HUNDREDS.
He'll be all set when that comes out in 30 years.

Thanks to the new expansion, I can at least say I no longer own all of the hearthstone cards