What are you playing?

Has anyone played Monster Hunter World recently? Specifically the new, blue dragon? I’m wondering if she’s soloable or another or those silly siege quests?

Has anyone played Monster Hunter World recently? Specifically the new, blue dragon? I’m wondering if she’s soloable or another or those silly siege quests?
Do you mean Behemoth or Lunastra? Lunastra is soloable, but since the ads for Behemoth say it "redefines the need for teamwork" I'm thinking it will be a mess.

I kinda gave up when I couldn't pass the requirement quest to kill a giant Yu Kutku. The amount of time and effort I need to put into this to get good again for just one new monster isn't worth it for me, even if you can get really cute stuff for Palicos and Poogies.

I'm so bad at playing horror games without an audience that I'm literally playing Layers of Fear in ten minute increments with entire games in between some of the rounds because it stresses me out so much.

Blew through The Cave as one of those in-betweens, which was awesome and I need to do a second play through to get the rest of the characters stories.

So far, Elite Dangerous is just as bland as Starpoint Gemini. Do the missions get anymore interesting or am I expected to make my own fun, because I don't really want that.

Dave

Staff member
So far, Elite Dangerous is just as bland as Starpoint Gemini. Do the missions get anymore interesting or am I expected to make my own fun, because I don't really want that.
You know, if you play Empyrion and join a faction right away the survival aspect of it is really, really mitigated.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, once you're past the survival phase, Empyrion REALLY becomes "make your own fun." Which, as he said, is the opposite of what he wants.

It unfortunately is make your own fun. If you don't want to play multiplayer, and you don't enjoy stuff like euro-truck simulator, then it's probably not what you're looking for after all.

It unfortunately is make your own fun. If you don't want to play multiplayer, and you don't enjoy stuff like euro-truck simulator, then it's probably not what you're looking for after all.
I think the part that bums me out is because of this new version of Steam's GREAT many problems, it decided I played Elite all night long. I didn't. The program was closed and not running. So instead of an hour and a half of play time, I have 17 hours logged and I can't get a refund.

I think the part that bums me out is because of this new version of Steam's GREAT many problems, it decided I played Elite all night long. I didn't. The program was closed and not running. So instead of an hour and a half of play time, I have 17 hours logged and I can't get a refund.
Put in for the refund anyway and put that in the description, they'll probably allow it.

Do you mean Behemoth or Lunastra? Lunastra is soloable, but since the ads for Behemoth say it "redefines the need for teamwork" I'm thinking it will be a mess.

I kinda gave up when I couldn't pass the requirement quest to kill a giant Yu Kutku. The amount of time and effort I need to put into this to get good again for just one new monster isn't worth it for me, even if you can get really cute stuff for Palicos and Poogies.
I meant Lunastra I think. The electric blue one with glowing weapons. It’s been months since I’ve played. I’m not a huge fan of playing this online in huge groups. I’m used to playing the game solo. Playing in a small group of people like Diablo or something similar sized would be fine I think. I’m not sure what my hang up is, I just know that I have it.

Anyways, I saw the super cool glowing blue weapoms and really wanted them. There seem to be new difficulty levels too on rotation and I’m already confused.

The good news is that I have completed the quest to get the special effects of the Urgaan armour as a necklace so I can have that super block and wear damage/health regen armour. That should help for soloing most things. Hopefully.

I gave up on some of the daily quests because soloing the arena stuff was rough. It’s clearly meant for a group and otmgot really old, really fast. I wouldn’t even know where to look for a clan or whatever they’re called here.

I gave up on some of the daily quests because soloing the arena stuff was rough. It’s clearly meant for a group and otmgot really old, really fast. I wouldn’t even know where to look for a clan or whatever they’re called here.
Do we know if cross-play between PC and console is allowed? I've got a small group of friends intending to grab it at launch, and I'm sure we'd be happy to include anyone else who needs a group.

I'm planning on getting the PC version. I wanted to get my son to play but he doesn't seem super interested.

So I'm making more progress in No Man's Sky. Spent quite a bit of time wandering around, gathering resources, selling them, accumulating a pile of cash. Then I encounter freighters I can buy. They cost more than three times what I've got in my bank account, which, remember, is what I've got after grinding resources since I started playing.

Well, back to grinding.

Do we know if cross-play between PC and console is allowed? I've got a small group of friends intending to grab it at launch, and I'm sure we'd be happy to include anyone else who needs a group.
Sony is notoriously against cross-play. There's been a debacle about it over Fortnite, and before that over Rocket Racer.

The Xbox One and PC versions might be able to do cross-play, but unlikely the PS4.

I'm pretty disgusted with Steam. There's no answer to my question why I'm being penalized for a Steam bug, just you have over 2 hours of played time.

Done buying anything from them for a while. All aboard the GoG train as much as possible from now on.

The only change I would make to Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is to not force me to use Mario every battle when parties can only be three characters. Especially when Rabbid Mario is such a powerhouse.

So I'm making more progress in No Man's Sky. Spent quite a bit of time wandering around, gathering resources, selling them, accumulating a pile of cash. Then I encounter freighters I can buy. They cost more than three times what I've got in my bank account, which, remember, is what I've got after grinding resources since I started playing.

Well, back to grinding.
Save one that's being attacked by ships. It has a chance to trigger when you jump into a system.

The captain will welcome you aboard and give the freighter to you.
That's how I got this 30 million credit beast while only having 2 million myself.
shipact.jpeg

Last edited:
Save one that's being attacked by ships. It has a chance to trigger when you jump into a system.

The captain will welcome you aboard and give the freighter to you.
That's how I got this 30 million credit beast while only having 2 million myself.
View attachment 27366
Well I wish I knew that before I spent around 5 mil on a smaller freighter.

Will I be able to trade up later if I encounter the attacked freighter event?

Well I wish I knew that before I spent around 5 mil on a smaller freighter.

Will I be able to trade up later if I encounter the attacked freighter event?
The first time I did it I also took a quest from the same freighter to defended it again before accepting the helm. The freighter randomly disappeared and I died in the vacuum of space, bombarded by cosmic radiation.

I didn't encounter another being attacked until much later that I was then given. So it may still give you the option to do so for free one time.

If nothing else I believe like when you buy a new standard ship it should give you the option to apply your current freighters value to the new purchase to help offset.

So I borrowed Horizon Zero Dawn to play on this PS4 I got for free and have barely touched.

It's p good.

Love how absolutely jaw droppingly gorgeous it is in screen shots, but in person just how many texture shortcuts you can see. It's still a beautiful game, just less so in motion than it was in all the review videos and such.

Also, it has some real baffling checkpoints when you're following the yellow arrow often taking you a decent long distance in the wrong way so long as you go to their designated checkpoints.

I can't believe I played through two open world predator games in a row (both Shadow of Mordor games) and here I am into a third one. Jeez.

So I borrowed Horizon Zero Dawn to play on this PS4 I got for free and have barely touched.

It's p good.

Love how absolutely jaw droppingly gorgeous it is in screen shots, but in person just how many texture shortcuts you can see. It's still a beautiful game, just less so in motion than it was in all the review videos and such.

Also, it has some real baffling checkpoints when you're following the yellow arrow often taking you a decent long distance in the wrong way so long as you go to their designated checkpoints.

I can't believe I played through two open world predator games in a row (both Shadow of Mordor games) and here I am into a third one. Jeez.
I found it to be less open world than Mordor. They simply give you fewer time-wasting fetch quests to do, so it felt pretty linear to me. I know, you can technically run around exploring (and I did) but there isn't as much to distract you from the main story as other open world games. To me, that is a plus.

I'm pretty disgusted with Steam. There's no answer to my question why I'm being penalized for a Steam bug, just you have over 2 hours of played time.

Done buying anything from them for a while. All aboard the GoG train as much as possible from now on.

The 12th time was the charm. I literally tried to refund Elite Dangerous 12 times with the EXACT same message and on the 12th time someone responded with an actual non-canned reply that due to the bug they're willing to refund me.

Fuck off with that every request is looked at. You don't look at them all.

Dead Cells is funtastic.

Think of a faster paced Rogue Legacy where you can build towards getting further and further with a fantastic art style and colour palette. So far all the new weapons I've picked up have been rad (gonna miss that super buffed out electric whip that also tossed grenades).

They're not exactly the same kind of game, but come on Chasm, this is what a retro action game should be like.

It's very fun. Can be pretty hard though.

GasBandit

Staff member
Sunless Seas - I wanted to like this so much. I love the mood, the prose, the concept...

.. it's too bad the game is so damn tedious and RNG will make or break your game - mostly on randomly generated maps and randomly chosen quest destinations.

Sunless Seas - I wanted to like this so much. I love the mood, the prose, the concept...

.. it's too bad the game is so damn tedious and RNG will make or break your game - mostly on randomly generated maps and randomly chosen quest destinations.
Sunless Sea is something you ether love because of the prose and the atmosphere or you hate because it's absolutely merciless and you have little guidance in the beginning. I'm hoping the next part of the Fallen London story, Sunless Skies, is a bit more guided.

GasBandit

Staff member
Killing Floor 2 -

Endless mode is UNNNNGHHH SO GOOD. I tried it and randos joined, and we lasted 50-ish rounds. Not bad, right? Well, the next time I stayed alone... and went EIGHTY NINE WAVES. Just goes to show you how much better I am when unhampered by other people :p of course, I probably could have kept going a lot longer, but after FIVE HOURS with NO BREAK at that, I finally made a stupid, fatigued mistake and got mobbed and died. Ahh well, c'est la floor.

Oh, and I was doing this as one of my weaker perk classes, too - it leveled my SWAT perk from 10 to 19.

Dead by Daylight was one of the PS Plus games this month and I'm kind of obsessed. It's fun to play as both survivor and killer, and things feel mostly balanced. I like that some killers are powerful, but with drawbacks. It didn't cost me any more money than I'd already have spent on PS Plus, but I might throw $10 at the game since I'm having so much fun, plus I'd like to at least get the Freddy Krueger DLC.