What are you playing?

When I get home it's on baby.

Note: I am currently hundreds of miles from home.

Double note: post some shit in the Tragic: The Garnering thread. I'm lonely in there.
Two weeks ago some friends talked me into playing magic the gathering, which I had managed to avoid up until then.

$500 later I may have a problem...

But on the bright side, I discovered cockatrice, an open source, completely free client for playing magic the gathering. I highly recommend anyone that likes the game to try it out, and maybe play with me a little

When I get home it's on baby.

Note: I am currently hundreds of miles from home.

Double note: post some shit in the Tragic: The Garnering thread. I'm lonely in there.
I should mention I've only got edh decks so far, that's what I've been playing

I f'n hate lava leeches. They are just annoying. They add nothing but frustration and delays.

That said, now I have kyanite, and the cyclops thermal reactor "offsets" the energy drain. I am happier now.

I f'n hate lava leeches. They are just annoying. They add nothing but frustration and delays.

That said, now I have kyanite, and the cyclops thermal reactor "offsets" the energy drain. I am happier now.
The best thing I ever built was the electric field for the Cyclops.

The best thing I ever built was the electric field for the Cyclops.
I never even though to turn the shield on. I assumed that was pure defense. What does it do to ones already on you? It also drains energy a lot on its own, so I wondered about the "balance of cost" there too. On the seamoth the electric pulse is great, but didn't think the shield on cyclops did a comparable thing.

I never even though to turn the shield on. I assumed that was pure defense. What does it do to ones already on you? It also drains energy a lot on its own, so I wondered about the "balance of cost" there too. On the seamoth the electric pulse is great, but didn't think the shield on cyclops did a comparable thing.
You can pulse the electric field to get those little shits off.

GasBandit

Staff member
Empyrion is leaking from the Empyrion subforum!

Anyway, here's a video of when, last night, Dave, Gared, and Aislynn (along with another guy who isn't on the forum) decided to attack my space station...

Detroit: Become Human

This is the Cagiest of David Cage games, and I love it for that. David Cage is not a subtle man, but I forgive him for that. Also, I'm starting to sympathize with the Kill All Humans movement.

Darkestville Castle

Pros: SUPER fun game, especially if your a fan of Lucas Arts Adventure games.

Cons: Its...really...REALLY short. So short I'm glad I got it on sale for 9 dollars instead of the original 15 due to the Steam sale.

With that said, it left me wanting more.

Darkestville Castle

Pros: SUPER fun game, especially if your a fan of Lucas Arts Adventure games.

Cons: Its...really...REALLY short. So short I'm glad I got it on sale for 9 dollars instead of the original 15 due to the Steam sale.

With that said, it left me wanting more.
How would you compare it to something like Thimbleweed Park?

How would you compare it to something like Thimbleweed Park?

Thimbleweed park is a 12 out of 10, Darkestville is like an eight out of ten if I'm being real, solely for Darkestville being too short. And by short, I don't mean easy puzzles either, I mean SHORT. Took only 6 hours to beat. Its witty, its got reggae beats, some fun puzzles, but it WILL leave you wanting more.

Just slogged through Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion (most of it purposeful dying) so Julie could have her Octoling character for multiplayer.

I didn't expect it to turn into a cross between Bayonetta and Sonic Adventure 2.

On a whim, I started up another Subnautica playthrough. I'm still finding new stuff and new tricks in this game despite having played it since its early access days. For example, there's a Crabsquid that guards the abandoned base in the Deep Grand Reef, and it likes to tear up your Seamoth if it gets the chance. But in this playthrough I discovered a small alcove about 40 meters above the base, it's the perfect size to park a Seamoth in, while also being too small for a Crabsquid to get into. This means I can explore the base without having to worry about my Seamoth.

Given the fact that every part of the game world was hand-crafted by the devs, I'm inclined to think that this particular alcove was deliberately placed there to reward observant explorers. It's simply too perfectly sized.

On a whim, I started up another Subnautica playthrough. I'm still finding new stuff and new tricks in this game despite having played it since its early access days. For example, there's a Crabsquid that guards the abandoned base in the Deep Grand Reef, and it likes to tear up your Seamoth if it gets the chance. But in this playthrough I discovered a small alcove about 40 meters above the base, it's the perfect size to park a Seamoth in, while also being too small for a Crabsquid to get into. This means I can explore the base without having to worry about my Seamoth.

Given the fact that every part of the game world was hand-crafted by the devs, I'm inclined to think that this particular alcove was deliberately placed there to reward observant explorers. It's simply too perfectly sized.
I always parked my seamoth right under the base scaffolding for that reason.

I had been playing HeartGold, but I swapped over to the E console version of Silver to help my son out in Crystal.

He’s playing quite infrequently, but I was feeling rough today and last weekend and I am now making my way to the Indigo League :)

Go Dude Cupcake. The game is old. I had to play a dude. I started it ages ago when I was watching a lot of Gold Rush I guess, because I named my rival Hoffman. I laughed some loud when I saw his name again recently.

Catching Legendary Pokémon is never easy or anything, but holy crap it was evil
to catch Lugia between the 7th and 8th badges.

Danganronpa Vol 1 + 2 - Not gonna lie, when I first "met the cast" in the first game, so to speak, my first thought was, "What is this weird anime shit?".

369394-danganronpa-monokuma-bear.jpg

60 hours later and Vol 1 & 2 completed with me well on the way of starting Vol 3, I have to say I'm impressed how genuinely interesting the story is, how creative the murder mysteries can be, and how well the games can set the mood while scratching that Ace Attorney itch at the same time.

Completed Subnautica on the weekend. All achievements too (not hard if playing through the intended way). Definitely a great game IMO.

Started a new file. Made MUCH more rapid progress, which is how it should work really. @Dirona doesn't understand why I'd re-start again immediately.

Because it's FUN!

Still immersed in Empyrion. And by “immersed” I mean I decide, “eh, I’ll play another half an hour” at 12:30 but then the next thing I know the 3am “Server will reboot in 5 minutes!” klaxon is blaring at me.

—Patrick

Despite my best efforts I don't think I've been to bed before 3am more than once in the past month.
There’s at least three days in the last week I don’t think I got to bed before 4:30. Stuff like that hasn’t happened since I was playing Diablo 3 for 12hrs/day. Patch 1.0.4 was a glorious time.

—Patrick

Bunker-The Underground Game

A nice short but challenging point and click! Unlike Darkestville castle, its shortness doesn't work against it, and while I'd lie more I don't feel it needs a sequel.

I noticed you fired that up... is there new content or something?
I never really played it because my daughter spoiled all the endings for me when I was just starting it years ago. So I decided to finally play through it now. I'm currently making my daughter sell piles and piles of dog residue for me. :p

figmentPez

Staff member
In a half-hour or so I'll be revisiting The Adventures of Alec Mason: Worst Driver on Mars!
YES! This is what I wanted 2 years ago when I first tried to play Red Faction: Guerrilla with my Steam Controller. This, like the Saints Row series, is perfectly suited to the SC. I may not be the worst driver on Mars, now that I've better control over steering and acceleration.

Due to work-related and life-related stresses, I decided to play a game that's all about killing people. Therefore, I reinstalled Hitman: Blood Money.

The same thing happened for the first three levels. "All right, I'm gonna do this so stealthily... no one's even going to know I was here... oh shit I alerted the security, whelp, time to kill everybody in the level. Dead witnesses tell no tales."