1. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Already a member? Login Now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  6. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice

What are you playing?

Discussion in 'Games & More' started by Roxxoredizorz, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe Forum God

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB6,401

Well there's your answer, they've never played a good game

2. Frank

Frank Mediocre, eh?

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB7,474
    One of them also plays Fortnite.

Fucking weird monster.

3. Frank

Frank Mediocre, eh?

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB7,474
    Ok, you know what? Fuck that fucking plot armor trope bullshit.

Every fucking boss that isn't just some random crab monster in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has it. You fight the boss, you beat the boss, cutscene starts where actually, you lost that fight. EVERY FUCKING TIME.

This shit is so tiresome. I fucking haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate it.

What's the fucking point of even having the boss fight? Just have me lose in a cutscene. Don't bother with the gameplay if it doesn't mean a fucking thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hugs Hugs x 1
  4. Terrik

Terrik Protector of Kittehs

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB4,463
    Doki Doki Literature Club

Basically yelled at @GasBandit the whole way through. An amazing experience. As been said before, spoilers ruin it, so best avoid and play it all in one sitting.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
  5. GasBandit

GasBandit Ask me about my Reprehensible Filth Staff Member

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB35,152
    Google hangouts was quite a ride this morning.

6. Dei

Dei Always shooting Terrik

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB10,445
    What the fuck, I am the one who's been hyping it more, and I missed out. :'(

7. GasBandit

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB35,152
    You got MY google hangouts play-by-play :p it was my turn!

8. Dei

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB10,445
    True. I also still got to torture my husband near daily by randomly playing the soundtrack near him.

9. Null

Null Random Internet Nobody

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB10,073
    I guess maybe I should check it out

• Like Like x 1
  10. GasBandit

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB35,152
    Don't look up anything about it. Set aside 4 hours or so so you can play it all in one sitting. Take the warning at the beginning seriously. That is all.

11. Null

Null Random Internet Nobody

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB10,073
    Mmkay.

12. GasBandit

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB35,152
    Killing Floor 2 -

How to win when the map drops 2 bosses on you at once, and neither of them is Hans Volter.

Didn't even get all the way through my armor.

13. Frank

Frank Mediocre, eh?

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB7,474
    Can I forever curse Microsoft for having the exact same labels for buttons as Nintendo, except swapped?

Quicktime prompts on Nintendo games are currently fucking killing me because I'm so used to using an Xbox One controller while gaming on PC.

B, I DID HIT B, WHY THE FUCK....oh yeah. GOD DAMN IT.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Hugs Hugs x 1
  14. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Upper Crust

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB5,080
    Or how about when you have a PS3 controller instead of an Xbox one, but the control signals are for Xbox and not a Playstation controller!

15. Frank

Frank Mediocre, eh?

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB7,474
    This I've never had issue with. I can deal with associating the shapes to the letters. Just Nintendo and Microsoft having the exact same prompts with different button maps.

16. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Upper Crust

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB5,080
    I getcha, but when its like a rhythm mini-game or something I get ALL turned around.

17. Frank

Frank Mediocre, eh?

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB7,474
    And Xenoblade 2 crashed and I lost 3 hours of progress, including one of those rare ass blades you only get once in a great while at random chance.

And to those of you saying I should save more often? I did. It autosaved after bonding that blade too, didn't matter. I'm pretty fucking mad.

I'm probably done. That's enough to stop me dead in my tracks of not giving a shit about this game again.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Hugs Hugs x 1
  18. Zero Esc

Zero Esc Halforums Asshole Assessment Division

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB9,510
    This was me with the first game.

19. Dei

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB10,445
    This was me when I read the reviews for the first game and decided I wasn't going to buy a crashing PoS. :/

• Like Like x 1
  20. Zero Esc

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB9,510
    I didn't buy it either; it was a Christmas present.

Why does that feel worse?

21. ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy Author. Cyclist. Yogi. Goofball.

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB8,837
    Brutal Legend

You know, once I got into this and accepted that it was part-FPS? I actually kinda dug it. And the FPS part isn't particularly difficult once you realize that you just have to beat the enemy to the resource dumps, you can basically swarm them. There really wasn't much strategy to it.

And as I said before, the music and the designs alone are worth the price of admission. The voice acting is pretty good, too.

I'd love for a sequel if only to revisit this world. I heard Schafer will consider Brutal Legend 2 if Psychonauts 2 does well.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Frank

Frank Mediocre, eh?

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB7,474
    Also, Tora the blob rabbit monster is literally the worst character in all games. He's a fucking weeb Jar Jar Binks. Just think if Jar Jar was trying to get Padme to act like a fucking maid so she would be more attractive to Anakin. Or if Jar Jar really wanted to be a Jedi but didn't have force abilities, so he built his own lightsaber that he could fuck. That's Tora the blob rabbit monster.

He screams mehmehmeh mehmehmeh constantly in battle.

I hate him with all my heart.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  23. GasBandit

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB35,152
    This was me with the X-Com remake, unfortunately. I know it's a great game and I keep meaning to get back to it, but that crash that took hours of progress with it just sent me on to the next thing.

24. Frank

Frank Mediocre, eh?

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB7,474
    Ok, so I took a break and started playing again.

I got a new party member and I'm about to spoil something that happens like an hour after getting this new party member, but it has to do with the above hatred of Tora, the fucking piece of shit garbage rabbit.

Show Spoiler
    You get a new dude named Vandham, pronounced Van Damn like JCVD, who is huge, rad, and Australian. So I was like, sweet, fuck off Tora, get the fuck out of here, I'd rather listen to Van Dam shout Muscle Slam, Muscle explosion, fuck I'm so FUCKING BUFF ATTACK! and the like than Tora's constant stream of MEHMEHMEH MEHMEHMEH. Then an hour later, he dies, permanently. BACK TO FUCKING TORA I GUESS. THANKS GAME.

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. Zero Esc

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB9,510
    If the previous game is any indication, it's not worth it. When I quit, I decided to check out the ending on YouTube and it was not worth it. I would've been so pissed if I'd actually played the other 40+ hours of nonsense to get that shitshow of an ending. And the fact that these games have nothing to do with each other means that shit will never get resolved either. So you might be headed for more crap.

Since it's a PS Plus game, I downloaded Darksiders II. I didn't care for the first one, but so far I'm liking this one. It's a neat little action RPG.

26. Frank

Frank Mediocre, eh?

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB7,474
    I like the gameplay and find the world fun to run around in. I mostly just hate Tora. I hate him with every fiber of my being.

27. Squidleybits

Squidleybits Pika Pika Choo Choo!

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB10,865
    I’m trying make competitive Pokémon, I mean Monsties, so I can battle online in MH Stories :)

It’s pretty much a Pokémon game, but a very good one!

• Like Like x 1
  28. GasBandit

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB35,152
    Witcher 3

Oh man, this combat is going to take some real getting used to. I'm getting my ass kicked left and right by drowners.

29. fade

fade Insert "Yo mama" joke here Staff Member

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB11,070

Yeah. He's really difficult to control, and while I've gotten better, I can see this is much more controller friendly than keyboard and mouse friendly. I don't like how he keeps overshooting things that you want to examine or loot either. I keep having to back up and try again to loot. Roach is even worse for that. I keep getting him lodged up against fences, which, okay, that's on me. But then I have a lot of difficulty just backing out or turning around. That's frustrating.

I don't think I've once used dodge. I've rolled plenty, but dodge requires left shift, which is in a weird place.

30. GasBandit

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB35,152
    Left shift is for hard attack... dodge is left ALT, which is even fucking worse. So yeah, I've been relying on rolling, too.. when I remember. I keep trying to parry/riposte, which is part of why I'm still dying to noobtrash.

31. fade

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB11,070
    Yeah, I meant Alt. I definitely use the hard attack. I cannot get counterattack to work for anything, though. The tutorial says, "right as they attack", but nothing seems to work. Every time I try, I just get hit, and it turns out to be better to just roll behind them and cowardly slash their backs.

32. GasBandit

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB35,152
    I practiced parry/counter a lot in the tutorial's "free training" section, so I thought I'd gotten good at it, but it turns out the majority of these creatures I'm running into use hard attacks and I guess parry/counter only works on quick attacks or something, because not only do they break my guard but they stun me as well, letting all their pals dogpile on me. So yeah... time to roll like it's Dark Souls.

33. fade

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB11,070
    In my experience, the first couple of levels were tough in terms of combat, but once you get some skill points in some trees, regular combat goes easy. Most bosses, too. Except for friggin' wraith bosses. Those seem hard every time for me.

34. Terrik

Terrik Protector of Kittehs

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB4,463
    Quen sign is your friend. Upgraded alternate quen sign that heals you when you get hit is even better.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! x 1
  35. GasBandit

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB35,152
    That's another thing, I keep forgetting about using signs.