What are you playing?

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't have Crysis in my library. Only Crysis 2, and I think that's less demanding of a game.
Yeah, much less. And I guess it was OK, but the only thing I really liked about Crysis 2 was the menu soundtrack :p

I might know where a copy of Crysis fell off a truck, non-steam.

GasBandit

Staff member
Rimworld -

One of my colonists hit biological age 81. The game declared he developed dementia. So far, this seems to manifest in him taking random confused wandering strolls. This can be dangerous for a number of reasons.

He's the father of one of my other colonists (and father-in-law to her husband), and they'd be sad and upset if he died. I'm thinking about putting him in a Cryptosleep pod just to get him out of my hair.

It's aggravating because of all the trouble I'd gone through for this guy. He first appeared as part of a pirate raiding party, so I had to be EXTRA SPECIAL CAREFUL not to kill him. I got lucky and he was downed but not killed, so I captured him, healed him up, then converted him over to my side so that his Daughter would be happier with her Dad around. And now, less than half a year and this happens.

Rimworld -

One of my colonists hit biological age 81. The game declared he developed dementia. So far, this seems to manifest in him taking random confused wandering strolls. This can be dangerous for a number of reasons.

He's the father of one of my other colonists (and father-in-law to her husband), and they'd be sad and upset if he died. I'm thinking about putting him in a Cryptosleep pod just to get him out of my hair.

It's aggravating because of all the trouble I'd gone through for this guy. He first appeared as part of a pirate raiding party, so I had to be EXTRA SPECIAL CAREFUL not to kill him. I got lucky and he was downed but not killed, so I captured him, healed him up, then converted him over to my side so that his Daughter would be happier with her Dad around. And now, less than half a year and this happens.

GasBandit

Staff member
But hey, on the plus side, I was able to find a bionic leg for another colonist who had hers chewed off by a giant insect incursion, and the surgery to attach it went off without a hitch! So, we got that going for us. Which is nice.

It was for sale by an exotic goods caravan, and I traded a few scyther claws for it. Picked up a spare kidney too, because lord knows I need all the spare organs I can get with this bunch. My waiting list for livers is now 3 or 4 deep.

It was for sale by an exotic goods caravan, and I traded a few scyther claws for it. Picked up a spare kidney too, because lord knows I need all the spare organs I can get with this bunch. My waiting list for livers is now 3 or 4 deep.
You know a game was inspired by Dwarf Fortress when everybody in it needs to drink just to get through the day.

Finish Persona 3.

Spend 2 days hammering through the rest of Luigi's Mansion.

Fire up Persona Q.

I...I may have a problem. I remember when I read about these a long time ago and thought "Boy, that sounds like something I would get into". I had no idea.

figmentPez

Staff member
Badland - I do not like this game. The controls feel wrong, there's a lot of reliance on luck/randomness, and it just generally requires memorization of a level instead of having clear visual indication of level interactions. Why this won a GOTY award from someone, I have no idea. If you see me still "playing" this game on Steam, it's only because I'm letting it run in the background for trading cards.

Space Pirates and Zombies - spent just enough time with this one to know it's more complex than I'm willing to put effort into right now. Shows promise, though, but I'll take my trading cards and leave for now.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hunie Pop.

Heheheheheheheheheheheh.. heh heh heh... Hnngh.. heh heh heh heh heh...

Not twitch streaming it was the right call.

Hunie Pop.

Heheheheheheheheheheheh.. heh heh heh... Hnngh.. heh heh heh heh heh...

Not twitch streaming it was the right call.
Ignoring the dressing, it's still a pretty good match-3 game.

The dating game part isn't all that interesting, but oh well.

Also, you better be playing the uncensored version :p

GasBandit

Staff member
Also, you better be playing the uncensored version :p
Ya fuckin know it.

I felt slightly compelled, though, to audibly chuckle at yet another dating game that boils down to "the secret to dealing with women is to always tell them exactly what they want to hear regardless of the truth, and memorize every single numerical statistic about them because they'll quiz your memory on it later."

Also "the key to being good in bed is to slam around as desperately fast as possible and hope chain reactions start happening"

Ya fuckin know it.

I felt slightly compelled, though, to audibly chuckle at yet another dating game that boils down to "the secret to dealing with women is to always tell them exactly what they want to hear regardless of the truth, and memorize every single numerical statistic about them because they'll quiz your memory on it later."

Also "the key to being good in bed is to slam around as desperately fast as possible and hope chain reactions start happening"
Yeah, but at least the art is good and some of the dialogue is legitimately funny.

Ya fuckin know it.

Space waifu best waifu

The Evil Within (Demo)

Saw this on sale. Always been curious about it, but not enough to buy it. When I went to the store page out of curiosity, I saw there was a demo available.

And then I uninstalled it after 15 minutes of playing it. Boring, incredibly cliche story (oooooh, it's SPOOKY HOSPITAL with mad men hacking up people!), completely uninteresting characters, and dull stealth gameplay. Not to mention my character moves SLOW AS FUCK. Even for a stealth game, I was like, "Would you move already? Can I run? Oh. This is the fastest you move. Fuck off."

Any time I got caught by the first dude, it had an unskippable death scene. Which didn't help when the game gave zero prompts of what I'm supposed to do. Even though it was supposed to be a tutorial stage, including button prompts like how to sneak. I died four times before even realizing there were keys hanging up. There were button prompts for picking up the dumb collectables, but no button prompt to open a door.

So yeah, fuck this game. Glad I saved my money.

The Evil Within (Demo)

Saw this on sale. Always been curious about it, but not enough to buy it. When I went to the store page out of curiosity, I saw there was a demo available.

And then I uninstalled it after 15 minutes of playing it. Boring, incredibly cliche story (oooooh, it's SPOOKY HOSPITAL with mad men hacking up people!), completely uninteresting characters, and dull stealth gameplay. Not to mention my character moves SLOW AS FUCK. Even for a stealth game, I was like, "Would you move already? Can I run? Oh. This is the fastest you move. Fuck off."

Any time I got caught by the first dude, it had an unskippable death scene. Which didn't help when the game gave zero prompts of what I'm supposed to do. Even though it was supposed to be a tutorial stage, including button prompts like how to sneak. I died four times before even realizing there were keys hanging up. There were button prompts for picking up the dumb collectables, but no button prompt to open a door.

So yeah, fuck this game. Glad I saved my money.
I will say that the story of The Evil Within picks up. It's... not the kind of story you think it is. It becomes a complete mindfuck by the end.

I will say that the story of The Evil Within picks up. It's... not the kind of story you think it is. It becomes a complete mindfuck by the end.
Yeah, I just watched Yahtzee's rant on it and he mentions the villain warps reality or something. Either way, this was a horrendous introduction and I couldn't even be bothered getting to the end of the tutorial stage.

B

BErt

Not playing, but been watching a ton of Friday the 13th on YouTube and twitch. Jesus, I've never seen a more fun game to just spectate.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm still going through grabbing Steam trading cards:

Torchlight 2 - I was so close to getting sucked back into this one. It's still a fantastic game. Thankfully my time with Titan Quest was recent enough that I'm still nearly full on my need for this genre.

Anodyne - Meh. The control feels just a little bit wrong, and nothing else about the game really pulls me in. Seems like it might be a competent Zelda-esque game, but I probably won't go back to it.

The Swapper - This one surprised me. The art style is kinda bland an muddy, but damn the game mechanics are pretty fun. You have the ability to make clones, and they move in sync with you, and then you can switch between clones. But there are other twists, like the bullet-time that happens when you're placing a clone (which leads to some doing some crazy stuff), and certain limitations rooms can place on spwaning and switching to clones. I might come back to this one in the future, despite not being impressed with the aesthetic.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Seems like a decent platformer, very focused on collecting things during a level. The graphics in the background are really impressive, especially the way they switch between a happy-cheery theme and a more nightmare-scape. This switch reminds me of what a cool concept American McGee's Grimm was, and how utterly disappointing gameplay killed a fun story and beautiful art style. Anyway, back to GS:TD, the character designs are rather boring, but the gameplay seems okay. I might come back, I might not.

Ticket to Ride: I'm sure this is a good board game, but the tutorial really does a poor job of explaining how to play.

GasBandit

Staff member
Started over on Rimworld, switching to "Phoebe Chillax" as the narrator instead of "Cassandra Classic," but keeping the difficulty the same.

Got the evil brilliant idea to name colonists after Halforumites, like I did in Darkest Dungeon.

So... this is the story of GasBandit.

(Spoilered for size)

Buzzy "GasBandit" Pomona was a nondescript office-worker on a coreward glitterworld. Just another face in the crowd. One day, after years of faithful service, his company "promoted" him to "Sanitation Captain." AKA, Janitor. This, by you, is a promotion?! Being too smart for his own good, Gas decided to sell everything he owned, take the liquid assets, buy a badass plamsa rifle and a bunch of settler crap, and bought a one-way ticket to the Rim.

His net worth didn't actually buy very much, aside from the excellent gun. He got some basic supplies, survival rations, some medicine, and traded out his dollarbucks for some precious metals - the hard currency of the edge of civilization, where bartering is the norm.

Saying goodbye to a life without consequence forever, he climbed into his sleeper pod, and 30 years later, was deposited on the surface of a planet far, far out on the Rim.

Thankfully, the planet was not uninhabited. Two other alliances of settlers were already established, as well as native tribes of varying degrees of friendliness and hostility. Unfortunately, a pirate band also had several outposts.

Gas decided that the site of the forging of his new life would be a narrow isthmus in the eastern part of the main continent, traversed by a stone road at the halfway point between several other communities. Hopefully this would help his home become a popular trading post.

And so it was Gas began again.

First, he gathered his supplies and built a rudimentary shelter to protect him and his possessions from the elements, incorporating a still-standing stone wall from some nearby ruins. Fortunately, Gas was rather good at construction, and actually enjoyed it.

A good day's work flew by, and he had a roof, a bed, plenty of storage, and the beginnings of a compound. The possibilities spread out before him as he lay in the grass, gazing up at the stars.

Gas then busied himself setting up the necessities of habitation. A solar collector and some batteries for electricity, a stove, a refrigerator, he even made himself a dinner table and some chairs. The days flew by, with so much to do. On the 4th day, however, something happened. An escape pod fell from the sky, and smashed itself to pieces near GasBandit's home. Investigating the wreck, he found a wounded, naked woman in the debris. It was clear she needed help or she would surely perish. Gas carried her back to his humble abode, and built a bed for her to recover in.

Gas tended the wounds of the woman, who he learned (when she regained consciousness) was named "Dei." She was no good in a fight, but was an excellent hand at dealing with people owing to her background in charity work. Gas kept her fed, warm, and nursed her back to health, and she decided to stay on at the compound, as she had nowhere else to go.

The days were full of hard work, but little by little, the collection of hovels became more homely. Every few weeks, travelers would come by - visitors from other settlements, merchants looking to buy and sell various wares, even tribals on their way to... do whatever it is tribals do out in the wilderness. Also, periodically, someone would find their way to GasBandit's home, pursued by "local trouble." Escaping from pirates or angry tribals, they would beg for succor at his door, and GasBandit took them each in, as he saw in them potential for a growing settlement.

And so it was that Terrik, Null, CeltZ and Snuffles all came to live and work at the home, and sure enough, within a year it grew into a settlement. Terrik was a former child star turned bartender, not good for much but heavy lifting, and as often as not he'd still mess that up as well. Null used to be a banker, before he had to go on the Lam. His exceptional intellect would come in handy in devising new timesaving machines for the community. CeltZ was an escaped slave, good at domestic work and farming, but could do naught but cower behind a locked door when danger came calling. And Snuffles... he claimed to be an architect, but he was a fighter and an artist. He swung a weapon with zeal, and sculpted thoughtful artwork. He was, also quite good at construction, naturally.

The friendship that blossomed on the seed of Gas' rescue of Dei shrank back when he pressed his suit too ardently. His clumsy attempts to woo her only damaged their rapport. But love did come to the Halforum House... first, CeltZ found solace in Terrik's strong arms. This seemed a might odd to GasBandit, as he was sure he'd heard Terrik tell him he was married. But, Terrik's wife wasn't here, he guessed. And GasBandit's unwanted attentions seemed to all but drive Dei to Null. The two pairs of lovers cohabitated, freeing up room in the compound for when Snuffles arrived.

One more guest was to become a resident, and that was a former military man named FigmentPez. He had an uncanny way with animals, and was great in a brawl. Wasn't much for talking though... apparently some traumatic event in his childhood had left him mute, and he'd not spoken a word until adulthood, and even since then, not very many words.

So it was that a year passed. Gas would hunt and prospect the hills, the ladies would tend the domestic work, the men would build and research and defend against the fairly frequent raids from pirate bands and angry tribesmen. Snuffles managed to irritate Dei and CeltZ by making the most detailed and intricate stone carvings of them... in mid coitus with their respective lovers. I'm not making that up, by the way. Not all his artwork was erotic, but a lot of it was. At any rate, whatever he sculpted sold extremely well to the merchants that would pass, and lord knows they all needed the money to buy essential things.

Unbeknownst to any of them, though, Snuffles was keeping a secret. He'd taken the Devil's Bargain, Luciferium, before he'd even arrived. Luciferium is a drug... well, really, it's an infusion of nanobots. They make you better in every way. See more clearly, think sharper, move faster, stronger, better. But you have to keep taking it, because if you go into withdrawal, the breakdown of the nanobots is excruciating. In fact, it causes madness, psychosis, berzerker rages, and eventually, death. And there was no treatment. No way to get it out of your system. You had to take it regular, like clockwork, for the rest of your life.

And there was no Luciferium to be had in the compound.

Things were probably going to get interesting, when that came to a head....

Last edited:
Mad Max

This is a very sandboxy sandbox game

Fortunately, I like sandbox games. So I'm digging this so far.
This is what I always tell people. If you like sandbox games, and you're in the mood for an open world sandbox game, this game is that, and a decent version of it.

If you don't like sandbox games, or are just burnt out on them, then there's nothing here different enough to entice you to put up with it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Incidentally, in case you guys thought I *was* making that up about Snuffles constantly making erotic art, here's the description of the first one...

GasBandit

Staff member
So...an antelope, huh? Well, to each their own, I guess.
I think I should also point out that, in this game, I have absolutely zero control over things like relationships and artwork. I direct the construction of buildings, create requests/orders for items to be manufactured, set general policy, and in combat I have RTS control of those I "draft" for combat - but aside from that, everything that happens in the game is the will of the people being simulated. Even the one named after me :p

Though, sometimes it works out to hilarious results, as seen. Also, I just remembered, when Dei and Null became lovers, GasBandit (having the highest construction skill at the time) had to be the one to construct their new double bed. So, he made an incredible bed. It was rated "excellent." Not only is it luxuriantly comfortable, it has a carved artwork tableau across the headboard. What is the artwork of? An agonized turkey burning to death in great, gutwrenching detail. And they can't complain about it because it's literally the best bed in the settlement.

That's how you troll "the girl that got away."

Last edited:
Fallout 4

More blasphemy incoming.

Seriously guys, this game is really fun. Maybe I'm just easily entertained or something, but there's virtually nothing so far that I hate. I've reached the point in the main quest where I've dealt with Kellogg, and I've uncovered probably two thirds of the map so far. I'm having a blast wandering the wasteland and looking for interesting things.

Even Preston's endless radiant quests are fun for me. Oh another settlement is being attacked? Great! Let's go see if I managed to place my turrets along their most likely routes of attack. If I did, I get to watch them all get mowed down. If I didn't, well now I know where to put more turrets! Let's see them try again next time! The base-building parts are lots of fun too. I liked building bases in Subnautica, and this feels like much more of the same. Killing legendaries in anticipation of the loot they drop is also very enjoyable.

There's no denying that this game is different from previous Fallout games. I'd also agree that it deviates from what Fallout is "supposed" to be. But I'm finding that different doesn't necessarily mean worse here. Maybe not far in the future I'll start to get sick of Preston and his shit, but that day hasn't come yet, and in the meantime I'm having the time of my life.

:whistling: Well, there are women in Fallout 4, so that kinda checks all your box, doesn't it?
Well now that you mention it... :p

Anyway, while I do not deny that attractive females will definitely make me more receptive to a game (Lara Croft, rawr. Also, Bioshock Infinite is my favorite Bioshock game by virtue of Elizabeth.), I'd say that's not the main reason I'm liking Fallout 4 so far. I don't even use a companion most of the time, I just have fun wandering through the wasteland, doing stuff.

Although that feisty firecracker Piper is rather alluring...

GasBandit

Staff member
Rimworld: Halforums Edition-

Verbose version:
Sure enough, not another week passed before the Luciferium nanobots in Snuffle's bloodstream started breaking down, and he immediately went into a psychotic episode, attacking the nearest living thing he saw.

Fortunately for his fellow Halforumites, the first thing he saw was a boomrat. Unfortunately for Snuffles. A boomrat is a large rodent covered in blister-like sacs full of highly flammable gas. When a boomrat is killed, it pretty much always explodes like a grenade. This knocked Snuffles right the hell out.

Hoping that this would be the end of the episode, his friends dragged him out of the smoldering crater, put him to bed, and patched up his burns.

When Dei came to wake him up to eat, he immediately attacked her. Fortunately, in his weakened state, even a tiny little former charity worker could knock him right back out with one punch.

Snuffles, out cold and bandaged up in his room:

It became an item of consternation. Was there any way to get Luciferium for Snuffles, to bring back his sanity? If not, what was to be done? Lock him in his room? Send him out into the wilderness? Without Luciferium, Snuffles would surely die anyway... might it not be more humane to save him days of madness and agony, and put him quickly and quietly out of his misery?

The community debated all this, and tabled the discussion for after the next meal. But before it could resume, Snuffles left his room and jumped on Null, who was working alone in the workshop, and before Terrik was able to come to the rescue from two doors down the walkway, Snuffles had bitten off Null's ring finger on his right hand. Terrik had had to beat Snuffles pretty soundly, which sent him back into convalescence for a long time.

The next night, Snuffles sneaked into Pez' room while Pez was asleep and attacked him. Pez, however, sleeps with his spear, and was able to deal swiftly with his attacker. GasBandit made the executive decision to place Snuffles under "arrest, or protective custody, or whatever you want to call it." A lock was put on the door to Snuffles' room, and it became his (rather well furnished) jail cell.

For the next two days, Snuffles was sane for less time than he was berserk, frequently clawing at the door and battering it while others would brace it from outside. Unfortunately, during an unattended moment, Snuffles finally broke free from his confinement, and laid into Null again, savaging him with clawing and kicking. GasBandit saw Null in mortal danger, and made a snap decision - he raised his pulse rifle, and cut down Snuffles in a hail of fire. Some of the shots also grazed Null, sparking a lasting enmity between the two. Everyone was quite upset with Gas, in fact - despite the fact he did what he did to save Null (and whoever else Snuffles would attack next) and that a quick death could have been called a mercy killing, everyone held Snuffles' death against him. Gas himself was also quite saddened - Snuffles and he had a really good frienship going, before he turned feral and psychotic.

The stress of the situation caused an argument between CeltZ and Pez to escalate beyond words. CeltZ's ineffective swat triggered something buried deep in the mind of the taciturn former soldier, and within the blink of an eye he struck out and it was over. CeltZ was curled on the floor, clutching her leg. Her femur was cracked, and she was confined to bed rest for quite a while. GasBandit took over her chores while she healed, secretly glad for the distraction - he had a secret passion for cooking he seldom got to indulge because the job usually fell to CeltZ, it being one of the few tasks the uneducated escaped slave was capable of performing.

On the 6th of Jugust, 5501, toxic fallout began drifting down from the sky. Fortunately the harvest had just come in, so there was plenty of food - but there was much concern for a small flock of four Muffalo that Dei, Terrik and Null had meticulously tamed over the last month and finally domesticated. With the fallout killing off the grass outside, there would be no grazing for the animals, and there wasn't enough food in storage to feed both the humans and the giant wooly bovines. It was feared that there was nothing to be done, and that the herd would be lost. However, after consultation over the broadcast console with area ranchers (cough my twitch channel's chatbox), it was revealed that there were areas nearby unaffected by the fallout. This meant there was a chance to save the Muffalo. A small caravan could be formed to take them out of the toxic zone where they could graze, then return when the danger had passed.

Toxic Fallout poisoning everything not under a roof:

Splitting the party was not something to be done lightly. In the end, it was decided that GasBandit alone would take the herd a half-day's journey to the northwest, which seemed to be in the safe zone. This decision was ostensibly made because Gas was the most well-rounded individual with skills in almost every area needed for survival, and he also had the best weapon and thus the best chance to survive on his own. However, it couldn't be denied that there was an underlying desire for GasBandit to leave the camp for a while, and let tensions settle in the wake of Snuffles' death.

And so, Gas loaded up the Muffalo with a few days' worth of food and some lumber, and set off to the northwest. Sure enough, within a half day he came clear of the fallout, and set the Muffalo to grazing while he built himself a spartan cabin with a bed, then set about worrying about things like food and heat stroke. It was still the height of summer, and temperatures frequently got over 40C... with no electricity for air conditioning, he was at risk. As far as food went, he could build a wood-fired stove and prepare basic meals that way with whatever meat he could hunt up from the surroundings. He also found nearby deposits of steel and abandoned machinery. Meanwhile, the other Halforumites stayed confined to the compound, only venturing outside when absolutely necessary, so as to minimize exposure to the hazardous particulates.

A week or so passed, and as luck would have it, just as he was getting his amenities complete and up and running, word came that the worst of the fallout seemed to have settled and dissipated. With a stoic shrug of his shoulders, Gas scrounged together the metal and components he had gathered, packed up the Muffalo herd, and ventured home. He was lucky. Just as they passed over the horizon to the southeast, a Scyther mechanoid arrived in the area, and attacked the now abandoned cabin and its equipment. Had Gas still been in residence, I'd not wanted to have ventured a guess whether he'd have survived or not. After all, if he'd gotten injured, there was nobody to tend to him, feed him, hunt food while he was laid up.

When Gas and the Muffalo herd arrived back home to the compound, there was happy news - Null had proposed to Dei, and she had accepted. The ceremony's date was not set yet. Gas didn't take the hint, and in moments when they were alone, would still slip hints and innuendo Dei's way, which she would rebuff with increasing firmness.

Within a space of days later, word came by from a neighboring friendly faction informant that he'd seen some sort of supply cache off to the southeast, about a day's walk away if you doglegged via the road. The informant didn't see any defenses around the cache, but that didn't mean there weren't any. But in that cache were some very valuable items - neurotrainers. Devices that could simply download skill and knowledge directly into the human mind, increasing your skill at a given activity. It was worth at least having a look. So Gas took some food and a Muffalo, and went to scout the cache. If he saw any defenses or any other people, his plan was to bug out and come right back home.

The trip out was, thankfully, uneventful. Spending a night sleeping out on the road didn't hurt Gas' morale much. He came to the cache the following midday, and carefully ventured toward the lone building. There were no defenses. Bonanza! Gas quickly loaded the neurotrainers into the Muffalo's packs, and yanked down some steel from the structure for good measure just to top off the supplies, and then immediately set out for home.

It was decided that Gas would use the "Shooting" neurotrainer, as he was the only one with a gun and the only one with any skill in the first place. CeltZ received a "Cooking" trainer, and immediately became a much more adept chef. Pez took a "Crafting" neurotrainer which gave him a handy boost in fabricating things in the workshop. Null declined the "Intelligence" trainer, as he was already wicked smaht. So, it and another cooking neurotrainer went into storage, to possibly be bartered for something else the community might need.

A week or two after that, another person in distress came fleeing to the compound - and it turned out that this was Dei's sister, Kags. Hostile tribals were hot on her heels, and she begged protection. Well, she's family, you can't turn family out... so Null, Dei, Celtz, and Kags barricaded themselves in the kitchen while Gas, Terrik and Pez readied their weapons and took position near an improvised automatic defense turret Gas had rigged up. Sure enough, it wasn't long before six tribals - two with clubs, two with spears, and two with bows - came whooping into the compound's breezeways. Fortunately, they had split themselves in an attempted flanking maneuver, and by the time the second pair arrived, the first of the first pair was already shot dead before he could even close the distance, and the second was being clubbed and stabbed by Pez and Terrik. That one went down almost as fast, and the two melee'rs charged down the next tribal, a woman with a bow. Gas and the turret turned their attention to the fourth tribal. When that pair fell, the remaining two attackers decided to cut their losses and ran.

Gas was untouched, and the other two combatants had only minor wounds. Picking over the bodies of the fallen tribals revealed that two of them were still alive! The survivors were carried to Snuffles' old "cell," with an extra bed dragged in so that both could be accomodated in one room. It was decided that, in order to make a peace offering to the tribe, these tribals would be nursed back to health and then released to return to their people. Days later, as Dei released them to make their own way, one might be led to wonder if this would be the start of a new peaceful coexistence.

Kags, of course, was elated at her rescue. However, it turns out that she only ever wanted to do three things - garden, play with animals, and drink booze. She absolutely refused to do anything else. No cooking, no cleaning, no hauling, nothing. Fortunately, growing crops was close enough to gardening that she took to it with zeal, and there were Muffalo aplenty for her to tend, milk, and shear. The alcoholism, however, might be an issue. True, the compound had just barely gotten a brewery started, and could expect their first beer batch to be done in the next 2 to 3 weeks, but having experience with such things, Dei worried about what would happen when her sister needed a new liver, way out here on the ass-end of nowhere. So, it was decided that Kags would be going teetotal. It'd be a rough month or two, while the withdrawal from her, frankly, massive alcohol addiction would wrack her to her wits end. But it had to be done.

TLDR version:
Snuffles went berserk and attacked a boomrat. It blew him up, obviously.
The instant he was conscious again, he attacked Dei... who knocked him right the fuck back out.
And then attacked Null, and tore his right ring finger off! Terrik had to knock him out.
Gasbandit had to "arrest" snuffles and lock him in a room.
After more breakouts and attacks, Gasbandit was forced to kill Snuffles in defense of Null.
Later, CeltZ and Pez got into an argument that led to a fistfight. Poor CeltZ didn't stand a chance.
On the 6th of Jugust, 5501, toxic fallout began falling from the sky. Gas Bandit took the Muffalo herd a ways away to escape it.
Upon his return a week or so later, Null proposed to Dei, and she accepted.
Gasbandit's trip to retrieve neurotrainers. GB got shooting, Celtz got cooking, Pez got crafting, Intellect and another cooking trainer left over.
Dei's sister, Kags arrived, pursued by tribals.
Kags is a hard drinking alcoholic. Gonna wean her off that.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Incidentally (if it wasn't obvious), I am also streaming these Rimworld episodes on twitch, if anyone actually is interested enough to watch. Ashburner was there for some of last night. Last nights events took place over the course of 3 hours though, so be forewarned that the pace is not exactly non-stop action :p But if you've never seen the game played before and are curious as to how it looks in motion, it's there, and my broadcasts stay archived for 2 weeks.