What are you playing?

If you can handle farming sims, I did get a lot of play out of Rune Factory 4. [emoji14]
Thanks, but I have long games I haven't finished and I think that'd be one of them :p. Bravely Default, Code Name Steam, Devil Survivor 2. Haven't finished them because I didn't like them much (Devil Survivor 2 I would've thought to be a guaranteed win, but the story and characters are so much less than they were in the first game that I don't feel like doing the same gameplay).

Maybe there's some decent stuff on the eshop that together would hold interest for a longer period of time.

Okay, I played a lot of Shadow of Mordor this holiday weekend. This is how it went:
  1. This game is difficult to get into and a bit complicated.
  2. Okay, I get it. This is kind of fun.
  3. Alright, I kick ass!
  4. Okay, now this is getting kind of repetitive and boring.
That's how I'm feeling about it. Though as I said, it's fun to wreak havoc upon orc camps or fortresses.

GasBandit

Staff member
Bought this based on your recommendation. It'll be nice when they let you keep your spot. I made it 4 missions before dying and I had to start again at square 1?
You can't spend exp until you die, and the exp improvements are the only permanent ones. Another hint - you can LOSE a race and progress, but if you die it's game over. Try adjusting your strategy toward living, instead of winning ;) Then as you become more powerful, start going for the brass ring.

Last edited:
Shadow of Mordor

I've reached the new area of the game. I was excited at first because it was so green, with vegetation covering the land.

Turns out the map is basically the same thing - with ruined rubble and orcs everywhere - with a different coat of paint. Yawn-o-rama.

Shadow of Mordor

I've reached the new area of the game. I was excited at first because it was so green, with vegetation covering the land.

Turns out the map is basically the same thing - with ruined rubble and orcs everywhere - with a different coat of paint. Yawn-o-rama.
Well.... yeah..... I mean, you are in Mordor.....The guy who runs the place is a shit landlord.

Holy fucking shit.

Ok, do yourself a favor and go through the doors on the upper level of the medical deck in MGS5 if you're playing it. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THIS IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. The only reason I found it was I was on that deck checking in with Quiet (doing this raises your bond between missions) and was playing knock out the soldier and throw them off of high places to hear a satisfying GUHHH! as they hit the ground when a door on the upper level was open. I went inside.

Paz is alive?! What the fuck?

D-Dog's new name is Soliton radar.

I dread getting to the point where my shit can get invaded. The resources are so GOD DAMN scarce for upgrading mommy base that the thought of some prick who paid for rad FOBs rolling into mine and taking my fucking fuel (the most scarce of the scarce materials) makes my blood run cold.

Decided I'm not ready to quit yet with Monster Hunter 4, banged my head on the wall some more, and then thought "some wind resistance would really help here."

This jived with a thought I had earlier, "I miss early game when you'd spend time making clothing from one monster to help against the next, instead of just getting gear for the current weapon."

Well, that was the answer to my problem then--find a good set for the monster I'm stuck on and get the parts, which is what I wanted to do anyway. The answer was inside me all along.

Now that I've spent the evening getting what I need and making my new suit and weapon ... it's past midnight. I really want to take this stuff for a test drive, but it's more important that I get some sleep for work (i guess).

Playing Mad Max. Don't get the mixed reviews.

It's awesome... it's fucking an OPEN WORLD MAD MAX.

Can it be repetitive? Maybe but who gives a fuck.

It's MAD MAX.

Did people say halfway into the movie, "What the hell, more CARS?"

Shut up plebs, it's an open world MAD MAX.

Not the biggest fan of the Batman combat though but hey... MAD MAX.

I can harpoon people out of their CARS and into ravines in slow mo.

MAD

F'IN

MAX

Blech, Huey Emmerich

You pathetic piece of shit. It's a good thing you killed yourself after being cuckolded by your almost equally pathetic son.

Blech, Huey Emmerich

You pathetic piece of shit. It's a good thing you killed yourself after being cuckolded by your almost equally pathetic son.
I can at least feel bad for Hal. He had Huey and Dr. Strangelove for parents... they seriously fucked him and Emma up with their weird sexual shit, so it's not like he did this to himself. It's not surprising that Otacon had weird attachment issues with manipulative women when you look at what his life must have been like when had to grow up with THAT. The rape/suicide situation is probably just the last event in total trainwreck.

The only healthy relationship he's had in his life is probably with Snake and it's probably because he had to deal with fucked up shit the entire time too, being trained to replace Big Boss and all. Snake has the exact same problem Otacon has... look at Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake where he instantly falls in love with and loses his shit over a girl he's know maybe an hour, which he proceeds to do AGAIN in Metal Gear Solid with Meryl (at least he can appreciate her as person after their relationship fell apart). Really, the entire Metal Gear franchise takes a dim view towards romance... half the plot revolves around Big Boss being unable to get over The Boss and eventually growing to hate what she did to him.

You have to remember, Kojima thinks Titanic was a beautiful romance, and he based Raiden and Rose's psychotic relationship on his own marriage, so...[DOUBLEPOST=1442447344,1442447021][/DOUBLEPOST]
Been playin' me a lot of Road Redemption. It's awesome.

That actually looks like a lot of fun. And I could see it being a fantastic engine for a Robotech: Invid Invasion game, since the primary vehicle in that series was the Cyclone motorcycle.

GasBandit

Staff member
You have to remember, Kojima thinks Titanic was a beautiful romance, and he based Raiden and Rose's psychotic relationship on his own marriage, so...[DOUBLEPOST=1442447344,1442447021][/DOUBLEPOST]

That actually looks like a lot of fun. And I could see it being a fantastic engine for a Robotech: Invid Invasion game, since the primary vehicle in that series was the Cyclone motorcycle.
It is! Just bear in mind it's also very difficult. It's truly harkening back to the era of "frustration is a game feature, because bragging rights must be earned" state of mind, when "beating" a game was an accomplishment only attained by the truly dedicated, not a given natural course of events for content tourists.

It is! Just bear in mind it's also very difficult. It's truly harkening back to the era of "frustration is a game feature, because bragging rights must be earned" state of mind, when "beating" a game was an accomplishment only attained by the truly dedicated, not a given natural course of events for content tourists.
Ah, that is a problem, because I am not skilled.

God, Huey just sucks so bad. Fuck that guy.

I'm actually getting sick of having to replay old missions on ultra-difficulty in order to unlock more story missions. This is some ULTRA unnecessary padding. This second chapter has been pretty ass so far (in comparison to the first). I can see where the unfinished-ness of the game is coming into play now.

Also, Huey sucks. I'll literally never be able to hear Otacon's voice actor again without just loathing him.

Also, Miller sucks. Fuck Miller. Whiny, bitchy shit. We all lost limbs dick, it's the theme of the game, get yourself a fucking cool robot arm and stop your whining.

And Ocelot, you could have at least apologized for the eye.

Another thing, the game's insistence on focusing on Quiet's tits ALL THE TIME is grating. We get it Kojima, you like tits. The shittiest part is the flimsy as fuck excuse for her outfit, which, now, later on in the game, I've learned doesn't matter, since you can just put her in a full soldier garb which she looks fucking awesome in. And I like Quiet. She's really so far, the only redeemable character in the game.

Last edited:
God, Huey just sucks so bad. Fuck that guy.

I'm actually getting sick of having to replay old missions on ultra-difficulty in order to unlock more story missions. This is some ULTRA unnecessary padding. This second chapter has been pretty ass so far (in comparison to the first). I can see where the unfinished-ness of the game is coming into play now.

Also, Huey sucks. I'll literally never be able to hear Otacon's voice actor again without just loathing him.

Also, Miller sucks. Fuck Miller. Whiny, bitchy shit. We all lost limbs dick, it's the theme of the game, get yourself a fucking cool robot arm and stop your whining.

And Ocelot, you could have at least apologized for the eye.

Another thing, the game's insistence on focusing on Quiet's tits ALL THE TIME is grating. We get it Kojima, you like tits. The shittiest part is the flimsy as fuck excuse for her outfit, which, now, later on in the game, I've learned doesn't matter, since you can just put her in a full soldier garb which she looks fucking awesome in. And I like Quiet. She's really so far, the only redeemable character in the game.
Her occasional eye makeup makes me wish there was an optional Winter Soldier-inspired costume for her. That would look super-badass.

fade

Staff member
Okay, about done with Shadow of Mordor. The story is interesting, but play is getting grindy. By the time you get to the second area, you're so over-powered, it's not even funny. Even the friggin' Hammer went down in like 3 hits.

Zappit

Staff member
The Shovel Knight Plague of Shadows DLC came out today, and uh, dang, it is not easy. Plague Knight's controls take a lot of getting used to. This really does feel like a seperate game.

The Shovel Knight Plague of Shadows DLC came out today, and uh, dang, it is not easy. Plague Knight's controls take a lot of getting used to. This really does feel like a seperate game.
I love it so far. He's so much more fragile than Shovel Knight but he brings the hurt something fierce. You feel out of control so often hurtling recklessly through the air.

Well, I "beat" Phantom Pain finally (though I believe there's more if I do some extra completing of the dumb ass difficult mission rehashes).

Big shock, totally Face/Off'd. Obvious twist is obvious. Also, everyone's motivations as spelled out in the last conversation between Miller and Ocelot are fucking ridiculous. Ocelot sure is a fortune teller, spelling out what's going to happen in the previous games so spot on.

You mean Eli really WAS Liquid? What a shizzock!

Actually, I'm bummed by the lack of inclusion of young Frank Yaeger, but I guess he'd be palling around with actual Big Boss.

How some medic suddenly got Big Bosses super legendary skills after being in a coma for 9 years is more ridiculous than parasites/nanomachines being the answer for everything.

Miller still sucks ass. The shitty unfinished chapter 2 will hold this game back from being one of the best games ever made. Chapter two has so little content compared to one it's a wonder why they bothered with two chapters to begin with. There's SO much obviously missing.

Last edited:
More MGS5 spoilerama

Oh cool, now I super beat the game and got Quiet's ending and now she's gone for good. Now I have zero reason to finish all those replay missions without my favorite buddy. Good job. On actually reducing my need to finish everything. I'm done with this now.

Also, congrats on sexualizing her even during an attempted rape scene. Look at her boobs jiggle. SHE'S SPREADING HER LEEEEEEEEEGS during a kick! LOOK AT HER PANTIES!!!! Jesus fucking Christ Kojima.

This fuckin' game was supposed to be the tie that showed the fall of Big Boss into villainy. There was almost ZERO of any of that. I haven't been this disappointed by an ending to a game since Mass Effect 3.

Just finished my KOTOR 2 replay.
Now in doubt: begin Shadow of Mordors ( :troll: ), or replay Starcraft II HotS in anticipation for LotV.

Last edited:
Parting shots on MGS5.

Fuck you Kojima for hiding so much of the story offscreen only to have it recapped it in cassette form. Fuck you for not being able to finish the game in 5 years, I mean seriously? Five fucking years. And fuck you for letting that much of your disgusting side out and then claiming that we'd all be embarrassed by our words when we found out the reasons behind stuff like why Quiet dresses the way she does. Does that explain why need to closeup on her breasts at all times, even during an attempted rape? Blech.

Fuck you Konami for not letting this game get finished. I know you're on your last gasp as a game company anyone outside of pathetic gambling addicts give a shit about but seriously, go fuck yourself you pile of steaming, corrupt trash. Get the fuck out and never make another God damn sound again. Go be forgotten. Fuck off.

Thank you Kojima for about 100 hours of one of the best gameplay experiences I've ever had with a game. It's unfortunate that this isn't the best game ever made. It's probably why I'm so passionately disappointed. If this were something by almost any other company I doubt I wouldn't have cared as much.