What are you playing?

And then you have Binding of Isaac runs where you don't get more health, you don't get damage upgrades, but you gain many friendships. I'm currently being protected by a fat fly, a bandage upgrade x3 that is now a person, a floating devil thing, and a legion of spiders.

And then you have Binding of Isaac runs where you don't get more health, you don't get damage upgrades, but you gain many friendships. I'm currently being protected by a fat fly, a bandage upgrade x3 that is now a person, a floating devil thing, and a legion of spiders.
My favorite upgrade is the one where you get "Controlled tears" when playing Azrael which essentially gives a controlled ring of death.

My favorite upgrade is the one where you get "Controlled tears" when playing Azrael which essentially gives a controlled ring of death.
I'm having a hard time using him, but that sounds awesome.

Beat mom's heart for the second time with Isaac and Pals. That was a ... fun ending.

And bizarrely enough, my next run that I started with Azazel, that's the first upgrade I got.

And it was glorious. Ending 3 unlocked.

Grabbed the new free to play Magic Duels (which replaces the yearly Duels of the Planeswalkers product).

It has the worst campaign of ANY of the past games, the card selection is really poor and the puzzles are gone. But hey, two headed giant is back.

I can't begin to explain how bad the story campaign is, but I'll try anyway. You play as the featured planeswalker of each colour from Magic Origins. Through each of their campaigns, you have five games where your deck gets upgraded between each. The decks start as unplayable garbage heaps that are no fun to play and end as mostly unplayable garbage heaps that are no fun to play. The randomizer is worse than ever. I literally had 12 turns of nothing but forests in the Nissa campaign in three consecutive games. I thought I was going crazy, but I looked it up and lots of folks on Reddit are having the same experiences. The only campaign that is mildly entertaining is Jace's since it requires you to mill out your opponent in one of the games instead of slowly trading 3 mana 2/1s with your AI opponents until one of you runs out of creatures to cast.

It's literally the worst Duels of the Planeswalker product yet. Good thing it's free.

I haven't really tried the multiplayer yet because as of yesterday, the last time I tried, it was basically unplayable online. Never got through a single match without one of us disconnecting.

Grabbed the new free to play Magic Duels (which replaces the yearly Duels of the Planeswalkers product).

It has the worst campaign of ANY of the past games, the card selection is really poor and the puzzles are gone. But hey, two headed giant is back.

I can't begin to explain how bad the story campaign is, but I'll try anyway. You play as the featured planeswalker of each colour from Magic Origins. Through each of their campaigns, you have five games where your deck gets upgraded between each. The decks start as unplayable garbage heaps that are no fun to play and end as mostly unplayable garbage heaps that are no fun to play. The randomizer is worse than ever. I literally had 12 turns of nothing but forests in the Nissa campaign in three consecutive games. I thought I was going crazy, but I looked it up and lots of folks on Reddit are having the same experiences. The only campaign that is mildly entertaining is Jace's since it requires you to mill out your opponent in one of the games instead of slowly trading 3 mana 2/1s with your AI opponents until one of you runs out of creatures to cast.

It's literally the worst Duels of the Planeswalker product yet. Good thing it's free.
I think I'd rather pay 10 bucks....I think?

I think I'd rather pay 10 bucks....I think?
I even liked last years game, which was crazy hated by the internet at large. The card collecting was fun and the campaign with it's random quest matches was neat.

OH, the best part of this years is how UNBELIEVABLY bad the CG cutscenes are. They are late 90s bad.

I haven't really tried the multiplayer yet because as of yesterday, the last time I tried, it was basically unplayable online. Never got through a single match without one of us disconnecting.
On the plus side, the new Hearthstone expansion is coming out soon.

On the plus side, the new Hearthstone expansion is coming out soon.
I wish I liked Hearthstone as a game as much as I like Magic.

Jesus Fucking Christ Wizards of the Coast, get your digital games in fucking order. They're currently pulling a Games Workshop in the Magic Online area right now too. Their playerbase is shrinking (since MTGO is the worst piece of shit game client ever created), so instead of trying to actually fix things, they're raising how much draft events and such cost while lowering the rewards to try to gouge more out of their diminishing playerbase.

I wish I liked Hearthstone as a game as much as I like Magic.

Jesus Fucking Christ Wizards of the Coast, get your digital games in fucking order. They're currently pulling a Games Workshop in the Magic Online area right now too. Their playerbase is shrinking (since MTGO is the worst piece of shit game client ever created), so instead of trying to actually fix things, they're raising how much draft events and such cost while lowering the rewards to try to gouge more out of their diminishing playerbase.
As a fan of Blood Bowl, I feel your pain.

Ugh, and to top it off, the fucking quests don't even work right.

I had a daily quest for 20 gold where I have to put 20 +1/+1 counters on things. I just had a Scute Mob with 32 +1/+1 counters on it. Finished the match. Apparently it only had 12. Because that's how many registered with the quest.

Fuck sakes, what a piece of shit. Uninstalled.

Life is Strange....

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

That is all.

I am torn between "heh, that's actually kinda cool" and "WTF have the Japanese been smoking?"
That's nowhere near the oddest thing in the movie. Between the bizarre animated sequences, the gruesome deaths mixed with scenes of a little kid treating Godzilla like he's a friend of the children, the acid trip scene with people having fish heads, Godzilla ripping out the other monster's balls while happy music plays, the "Save the Earth" song ... it's really one of those psychotic movies people should see. It is a glorious trainwreck of a movie.

The studio in Japan sided with "WTF has this director been smoking?" Apparently some good shit that he could only get through Godzilla, because he spent the next few decades trying (and failing) to get a sequel going.

War for the Overworld

They call it the spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper, and they ain't kidding. It's basically Dungeon Keeper with the names of the minions hilariously switched out so they don't get sued by EA.

Imp is now a Worker, Mistress is now a Succubus, Warlock is now a Cultist, etc. Instead of calling the good guys the Kingdom, they call it the Empire. Instead of Keeper, you are called an Underlord. Even the name was the former subtitle of the cancelled Dungeon Keeper 3, and they got Richard Ridings to reprise his role as the narrator. Not that I am complaining, as I love me some Dungeon Keeper, but I guess I was going into it expecting it to be a little bit more subtle. I am pleasantly surprised that I was wrong in that regard.

Played a little Sm4sh today, and went online for the first time. Had a good match as Bowser, a really bad match as Rosalina, and then an okay match with Bowser again. Pretty fun, but man I need to practice because I have no idea how to play this game anymore.

Downloaded the demo fro Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden. It's a lot of fun, but the main game won't have online multiplayer. Of course, I never go online with fighting games besides Smash because I suck at them and don't put in the time to get good.

Downloaded the demo fro Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden. It's a lot of fun, but the main game won't have online multiplayer. Of course, I never go online with fighting games besides Smash because I suck at them and don't put in the time to get good.
Give xenoverse a try if you haven't already. Online coop and online fighting, both using classic Dragonball characters as well as created characters.

Been crushing some original Borderlands today to unwind, or as the game should be called, "How many times can you make Nolan North soundalikes scream in agony."

Give xenoverse a try if you haven't already. Online coop and online fighting, both using classic Dragonball characters as well as created characters.
Bought it, didn't like the grind, returned it. Xenoverse is kind of a fighting game RPG; Extreme Butoden is a 2D fighter, so they're different beasts. I might not even buy it when it releases in 10 weeks. The demo is fun, but I don't know yet if the full game is $30 fun.

fade

Staff member
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

Freaking hilarious. The hardest part of this game is trying to stop laughing at the over the top 80s stuff long enough to shoot people. You basically start already tricked out, which makes it tons of fun. It hits, like, every 80s trope. Definitely recommend it. Gameplay is identical to Far Cry 3, except that you already have a lot of the upgrades, because, well, you're a cyber commando.

Also, I really enjoyed this guy's playthrough. He's pretty funny, too:

Fallout New Vegas

So yeah, this is pretty good. I've stayed up late a couple of nights and spent one day (where I was feeling depressed and didn't feel like doing anything) playing it.

I'm trying to play the game as non-violently as possible. Not a no-kill run, but close to it. Taking the peaceful options when possible and all that jazz. I love that such an inherently violent game even gives you the option at all.

EDIT: I should add that I'm now playing around a little with mods. Been looking up some of the best ones, such as Project Nevada. Any mods you guys would recommend?

Last edited: