What are you playing?

Well, that's it for me for tonight. Two arena matches in a row where my opponents let it go to the timer EVERY FUCKING TURN.

YOU HAVE TWO MANA! FUCK YOU!

Well, that's it for me for tonight. Two arena matches in a row where my opponents let it go to the timer EVERY FUCKING TURN.

YOU HAVE TWO MANA! FUCK YOU!
For some people, this is actually a strategy. Take so long that the other person quits because they don't want to wait. A win is a win, right?

--Patrick

For some people, this is actually a strategy. Take so long that the other person quits because they don't want to wait. A win is a win, right?

--Patrick
It's still better than the people who use that card to halve the timer and then proceed to eliminate their opponent's ability to HAVE a turn by using long animation cards like Youthful Brewmaster.

There's a card that does that. That's disgusting.
The card limits the turn timer to 15 seconds for both players, Norzdomu. The problem is right now there's a big that causes the card animations to play after the opponent's turn ended, when normally the other player's turn timer doesn't begin until after all animations have finished.

It's on the list to be fixed.

Got to rank 20 with only losing a single match along the way, and going over that match and what was played, I couldn't have won without serious misplays on his part. We were both hunters and had mostly the same cards, his just drew in a much better combination than mine.

Reactions: Dei
Honestly I find Hunters to be one of the best classes to play as when you still have starter cards.
I've had a lot of fun with each class, but yeah, from all the little beast synergies to the amazing 3 drop hunter's companion card, it seemed like they were good to go from the start.

First round in the arena, not confidence boosting, mage that had 3 God damn flamestrikes. Fuck off with that. I'm so fucking sick of mages in the arena. I always face them and they're never a choice for me.

First round in the arena, not confidence boosting, mage that had 3 God damn flamestrikes. Fuck off with that. I'm so fucking sick of mages in the arena. I always face them and they're never a choice for me.
Flamestrikes? Hah!

I'm sure the first guy had a very rewarding arena run.

--Patrick

Ok, all my losses came to mages, I fucking hate them.
Mage is a common arena choice because all of their common class cards are pretty good.

You're experiencing one of the first learning challenges all new players have to get through. Learning how to play around flamestrike.

Mage is a common arena choice because all of their common class cards are pretty good.

You're experiencing one of the first learning challenges all new players have to get through. Learning how to play around flamestrike.
That you need to play around a single card should tell you that the card needs to be removed or nerfed, but without it Mages can't compete in the late game. They'd just get steam rolled by large monsters. This tells me that Mages are simply fundamentally broken from a design standpoint.

That you need to play around a single card should tell you that the card needs to be removed or nerfed, but without it Mages can't compete in the late game. They'd just get steam rolled by large monsters. This tells me that Mages are simply fundamentally broken from a design standpoint.
No, you're wrong. Many mage decks don't even run it nowadays, because it's a pretty slow-ass card at 7 mana. That you have to play around it is no different than playing around all classes. You don't flood the board with 1 or 2 health minions against a paladin, you don't lower yourself to two health against a hunter, you don't trade into a minion against a priest if it's not going to kill that minion, it's all just strategy against the class and the deck you think they're running.

They aren't, really (broken in the late game, that is), it's just that you would then have to play very unMage-like in order to survive. No mage wants to stack a deck and trip over war golems, lords of the arena, core hounds, and various legendaries just to survive the big minion late game. Mages are the only class that don't have a card to buff their minions somehow (aside from other minion abilities, that is), their complement of cards is all about direct damage. That's why they love the berserker so much.

--Patrick

Five Nights at Freddy's

Had this for awhile and decided to try it tonight. Sweet Jesus. Even though I knew - I KNEW - the jump scare was coming, I was still startled. Damn this game has great build up for its suspense.

Honestly, the game does incredibly well with its mood and setting.

And that mood/setting is "NOPE! Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope!!!"

Last edited:
Binding of Isaac can get way more intense than I anticipate at times. It's nice to get lots of offensive power-ups, but then realize you're not getting any health or defense power-ups; you're just a fragile glass cannon who could lose that combination of power-ups forever in just a couple wrong moves.

Playing Pinball Arcade and now Grand Theft Auto III, after beating GTA San Andreas.

I want to play GTA IV on my PC, but it skips and chugs a lot. People think I'm playing it on my laptop but I'm not, lol. Whatever I'll need to upgrade my desktop computer to get it to run smoothly, I'll try and work on saving up for that.

I discovered "Holy Potatoes? A Weapon Shop?!" in which you run a Blacksmith shop and sell weapons to adventurers and things. Unlike Recettear, you don't have to go out and do dungeon crawls for stuff, you just send your minions out for a set amount of time and they will come back with things you need, so you just need to match up stats to what people want and sell them. There is not a lot to it, but it's strangely addicting.

Binding of Isaac can get way more intense than I anticipate at times. It's nice to get lots of offensive power-ups, but then realize you're not getting any health or defense power-ups; you're just a fragile glass cannon who could lose that combination of power-ups forever in just a couple wrong moves.
That usually makes getting too far into the game impossible. I know the only time I've beaten his mom is with a tooooon of health.

The Inquisition has begun. :)

I've been inquisitin' for about 12 hours at this point, so I just left the Hinterlands (nowhere near done in it). That is one gorgeous and humongous (gormongeous?) game. :D

That usually makes getting too far into the game impossible. I know the only time I've beaten his mom is with a tooooon of health.
When I first started, I'd have agreed. With more experience now, I'd rather have the offensive stuff. Last night's long playthrough, I kept emptying the mom room of baddies the moment she'd spawn them, on hard, and really just had to watch out for the foot.

When I first started, I'd have agreed. With more experience now, I'd rather have the offensive stuff. Last night's long playthrough, I kept emptying the mom room of baddies the moment she'd spawn them, on hard, and really just had to watch out for the foot.
This is pretty much my opinion too. I'd rather have full damage and tears than a full health bar.

Deal with the Devil rooms all the way, baby.
Damnedest thing, each I've run into lately has had only chests (which tend to be shitty) or just a minion item (and not good ones).

I did find my first ... chapel? I don't know what they're called, but there was an angel and he gave me a good zodiac item. I didn't even know there were angel rooms before this weekend.

Damnedest thing, each I've run into lately has had only chests (which tend to be shitty) or just a minion item (and not good ones).

I did find my first ... chapel? I don't know what they're called, but there was an angel and he gave me a good zodiac item. I didn't even know there were angel rooms before this weekend.
Angel Rooms can show up randomly instead of Devil Rooms, but only if you've never made a Deal that run and entered at least one Devil Room. After that you have a 50% chance of getting Angel Rooms, which give you powerful defensive items with practically no downside.

Bit of backstory...

The very first game I ever played as a kid was Kings Quest when I was five. I absolutely adored that game and even figured out the puzzles on my own. From that point on, I was automatically sold on every future KQ game no matter how unfair the puzzles were or how awful the game was (and KQ Mask of Eternity was an AWFUL game. Most disappointed I've ever been in a game).

I even got briefly involved in the fan game, which was another terribly disappointing experience. Very disappointed that the Telltale games KQ got cancelled when Activision reacquired the rights to the long dead series and gave them to a dev I never heard of to make an episodic game. But damn it, I'm a KQ loyalist to the end and I was going to at least try the first episode of the new game with low expectations.

I said all that so you would have a perspective on what I say next, now that I downloaded the new game during lunch. ..

The new Kings Quest game is easily the best game I've played this year and I haven't been able to stop playing it since I started it up. It hits the perfect balance of nostalgia and fun, the game is gorgeous, the music is wonderful, and the voice acting is fantastic. I won't say anything else to avoid spoilers (it's an adventure game. The experience IS the game). Only real negative for me so far is that the puzzles haven't been overly difficult to solve, but that may just be that they make logical sense.

Bit of backstory...

The very first game I ever played as a kid was Kings Quest when I was five. I absolutely adored that game and even figured out the puzzles on my own. From that point on, I was automatically sold on every future KQ game no matter how unfair the puzzles were or how awful the game was (and KQ Mask of Eternity was an AWFUL game. Most disappointed I've ever been in a game).

I even got briefly involved in the fan game, which was another terribly disappointing experience. Very disappointed that the Telltale games KQ got cancelled when Activision reacquired the rights to the long dead series and gave them to a dev I never heard of to make an episodic game. But damn it, I'm a KQ loyalist to the end and I was going to at least try the first episode of the new game with low expectations.

I said all that so you would have a perspective on what I say next, now that I downloaded the new game during lunch. ..

The new Kings Quest game is easily the best game I've played this year and I haven't been able to stop playing it since I started it up. It hits the perfect balance of nostalgia and fun, the game is gorgeous, the music is wonderful, and the voice acting is fantastic. I won't say anything else to avoid spoilers (it's an adventure game. The experience IS the game). Only real negative for me so far is that the puzzles haven't been overly difficult to solve, but that may just be that they make logical sense.
As a longtime adventure gamer like yourself, this is good news. I have enough of a Steam backlog to hold me over for now, but if it ever goes on sale, I'll get it.

Speaking of adventure games, I just picked up Blues and Bullets, which is described as heavy rain meets Max Payne. It's an alt history film noir setting with occult elements.

The graphics are kinda low quality in the models and textures, but the heavy stylizing helps to hide this, as everything is in black and white, except for accents of red.

So far it's pretty interesting.

Picked up DBZ: XV a couple weeks ago. This is the DBZ game I've been waiting for. Character customization is great, the combat is really fun and I'm having a great time with PvP. I just never find myself bored when playing it. I guess part of it is that I didn't exactly hold high hopes for the game because most DBZ games are "ok", but this one really did it for me.

Here's my Earthling female ki blaster JunJun (lawl)
11754790_10155831578730587_6024586679277274780_o.jpg

Still chugging along in Xenoblade 3DS. Going to finally try pushing Sharla out of the party, see if I can get by with just Riki's heal barf and the final party member's self-regen aura. Dunban basically never gets hit, so most healing isn't needed right now anyway unless it's one of those FUCK YOU DAZED attacks the big Mechon have.

I wanted to use Melia more, but the AI can't use her very well and I really like controlling Riki to build up status effects on mobs and then slap them for like 20k+ damage.

Picked up DBZ: XV a couple weeks ago. This is the DBZ game I've been waiting for. Character customization is great, the combat is really fun and I'm having a great time with PvP. I just never find myself bored when playing it. I guess part of it is that I didn't exactly hold high hopes for the game because most DBZ games are "ok", but this one really did it for me.

Here's my Earthling female ki blaster JunJun (lawl)
Got the four dragonball set? Good set.